Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: COVID-19

The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Roger
    Country
    USA
    Somewhere in the Universe. Wish you were here!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jewel and Bentley
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: COVID-19

Thanks to the virus...my 401k is now a 201k since the dow gave up 3000 points.

I am self hibernating with my kids...Jewel and Bentley. Oh yeah my mother in law...she's 91.

Boomp badda boomp...My corona. Yep that's the song.

Homemade sanitizer 2/3 cup of Isopropyl alcohol and Aloe Vera lotion.

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by rjisaterp View Post
    Thanks to the virus...my 401k is now a 201k since the dow gave up 3000 points.

I am self hibernating with my kids...Jewel and Bentley. Oh yeah my mother in law...she's 91.

Boomp badda boomp...My corona. Yep that's the song.

Homemade sanitizer 2/3 cup of Isopropyl alcohol and Aloe Vera lotion.
    Iím not looking at my 401K.... better to be ignorant of itó- stay the course as Mr. Bogle always said

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

3. Likes 1Chumly, rjisaterp liked this post
    Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member 1Chumly's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pam
    Country
    From England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Buster 2013 - Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by helsonwheels View Post
    I know itís ridiculously out of hands now. Was talking to my mom as in Quebec they closed all schools, no visitors allowed in any hospitals n nursing homes/residentialís even all gyms are closed. She just had a knee replacement so sheís not going anywhere but she too said itís exaggerated. I cracked up when she said, ďweíre not in the 40ís where we have no food or toilet paper.Ē What bothers me more is people freaking out to buy everything insight. You have families living paycheck to paycheck. They will need supplies too but wonít be able to buy. There is absolutely no reason to be freaking out like so. I too canít even do any demos of my product in any store chain. I smell political strategy here. Freak out the people so they can spend more. Why arenít stores like Costco or any stores put a limit on items n why is things more expensive now? My aunt went to the pharmacy to buy polysporin for an earache. None on the shelf she said. She went to ask other side of the counter n lady said we only have 2 left. My aunt said I need one Iím 80yrs old n have a bit of an earache. Get this, lady said it will be MORE expensive!!! My aunt didnít care n still bought it at 2x the price! Hell I would of reported that. Itís illegal. She gets her pills there and didnít want to stir any issues . People need to use commonsense. Like other fluís kills way more so wash your hands more often.

@1Chumly, yes you can freeze milk.
    I have never attempted to freeze milk but read it changes it (?). It's like cheddar cheese, you 'can' freeze it but I don't as it changes the texture and it is nowhere near as good!

Chumly 2002-2014 A gentle soul and the love of my life.

Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous helsonwheels's Avatar
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by 1Chumly View Post
    I have never attempted to freeze milk but read it changes it (?). It's like cheddar cheese, you 'can' freeze it but I don't as it changes the texture and it is nowhere near as good!
    If you take like skim milk or 1% yes odd. But if you take like cream or full fat, not much change. Cheese is different as it’s mostly compacted together.

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Citty
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog) and Ella Mae
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by 1Chumly View Post
    I read that you can freeze it but it will change the flavor and texture.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Cbrugs View Post
    I read that you can freeze it but it will change the flavor and textureSent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I know I froze a few times cream. I didn’t really see a difference. I guess we have different cows...

9. Likes Hankster liked this post
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

For those who uses baby formula for your “human “ babies, seems behind the formula’s can there’s a phone # you can call and they will ship you the milk. Some says it’s free... I saw that on the news. Idk if it’s everyone but worth a try.

11. Likes Manydogs, 2BullyMama, Chunky White liked this post
    Rescue Volunteer
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Honey
    Likes (Received)

I just got an email that Petsmart is shutting down their grooming salons for dogs. Previously my dentist emailed me that he is just open for emergencies. It's hit everyone. There's good reason to carry around hand sanitizer and wear a surgical mask if you have to go shopping in the supermarket, but they aren't even available. Shame on those people who stockpiled them and are trying to sell them at a huge markup. There's a huge shortage, and the CDC is even advising health professionals to use scarves or bandanas if they can't get a surgical mask. Early on in the course of covid the CDC was advising health professionals to use N95 masks, but now they claim it's spread by droplets and you only need a surgical mask unless you are intubating the patient. My feeling is that they changed their mind based on the shortage, but who knows.

There's lots of remedies for covid, but they're not miracle cures. Hydroxychloroquine or chloroquine plus/minus azithromycin, kaletra, tocilizumab are all being tried early on in course. Later on remdesivir inj if unfortunately you need to be intubated.

WRT milk, you might be able to buy almond, soy or oat milk somewhere if you can't find milk.

Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

@Dollys Owner

There's lots of remedies for covid, but they're not miracle cures. Hydroxychloroquine or chloroquine plus/minus azithromycin, kaletra, tocilizumab are all being tried early on in course. Later on remdesivir inj if unfortunately you need to be intubated.

Yes I read up on Hydroxychloroquine or chloroquine .. interesting.

When I go out, I now use surgical gloves. I have a lot cause I use them in the kitchen for my business. It’s the weekend n everyone should simply stay home. Hey great time to do some spring cleaning...

14. Likes Dollys Owner liked this post
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Mmaker View Post
    If you have a mask store it in a paper bag. Covid lives longer on plastic surfaces Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Now they’re saying surgical masks are good cause covid is caused by droplets. Wonder if they’re saying that cause they’re running out of masks.
    N95 n Mediocre Masks are the ones to be used...

Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Here in Canada the car plants n part plants will start doing ventilators for the hospitals. Brewers started to do sanitizer as they make vodka n will have that going, then other companies are concentrating on masks... Time for all businesses get their companies doing other items and help out.

Chunky's Chauffeur Become a 4 Paw Member Chunky White's Avatar
    Real Name
    Wes
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chunky White
    Likes (Received)

All is well here in NE Tennessee. We have had two cases of Coronavirus and both have recovered. One was on a cruise ship and the other was traveling for work and had just returned from Italy.

Most of the businesses here are shut down and restaurants are take out or drive thru for the most part. I am an introvert for the most part so I am just around family, neighbors and people I work with so my exposure is low to others. My extrovert side went away once I quit drinking and my friends did not

I finally went out and bought foods with a long shelf life yesterday and was entertained at the foods that are missing off shelfs like bread, milk and meat which do not last long and the lack of toilet paper since this is a respiratory virus and not an intestinal one

Stay safe and may God Bless you all with health

Owner: Wes
    Bulldog: Chunky White

18. Likes helsonwheels liked this post
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Remove Ads