Sweden upgrading their hands?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
YIKES... if it is true

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
I was think after posting this, a while ago I recall seeing this on tv. A lot are going for it. Was mostly high tech companies towards their employees.

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Well, that article doesn't describe Sweden as I know my country and the whole article seems to be written with the intention of spreading fake news for some reason.

Sweden has been at the forefront regarding high technology for many years so people are interested and knowledgeable. I didn't know about those implants but if the technology exists and does not hurt anyone, I am not surprised some people might want to try.

However, the tax part sounded weird. Unless you have a very high income, income tax is a bit over 30% tax in Sweden. Then we have other taxes, like taxes on alcohol and petrol which means those goods are very expensive (= good for people's health and the environment), and companies pay taxes for certain things, etc. We also have free health care, free schools / universities, generous parental leave (480 days of paid leave), etc. So what might seen to be high taxes can also be seen as a way of securing that everyone - regardless of social class and financial status - gets health care, education, etc.

When it comes to integrity, we have had for a long time a principle of public access to official records ( this is seen as part of a democratic society) and now in the EU we have GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) with very strict regulations regarding how info about individuals is dissiminated.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Well, that article doesn't describe Sweden as I know my country and the whole article seems to be written with the intention of spreading fake news for some reason.

Sweden has been at the forefront regarding high technology for many years so people are interested and knowledgeable. I didn't know about those implants but if the technology exists and does not hurt anyone, I am not surprised some people might want to try.

However, the tax part sounded weird. Unless you have a very high income, income tax is a bit over 30% tax in Sweden. Then we have other taxes, like taxes on alcohol and petrol which means those goods are very expensive (= good for people's health and the environment), and companies pay taxes for certain things, etc. We also have free health care, free schools / universities, generous parental leave (480 days of paid leave), etc. So what might seen to be high taxes can also be seen as a way of securing that everyone - regardless of social class and financial status - gets health care, education, etc.

When it comes to integrity, we have had for a long time a principle of public access to official records ( this is seen as part of a democratic society) and now in the EU we have GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) with very strict regulations regarding how info about individuals is dissiminated.

Your taxing is similar to ours... bracket/percentage is based on income and the. Everything is taxed, gas, items deemed not a necessity, most states have a sales tax on goods, property tax, school tax, local taxes, etc, etc.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)

Most Reactions

Members online