oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)
DO...Get that sciatica fixed! Donā€™t continue to tolerate the debilitating pain. Itā€™s just awful.
Sandy, I think, will soon need surgery. Sheā€™s had two CT guided shots for inflammation and they given her huge relief but she knows that at some point she will need a more invasive repair. Unfortunately the shots donā€™t work for everyone but well worth a try.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Sadly sciatic nerve is very hard to get rid of. I too have sciatic nerve issues, bursitis in each hip caused of my standing long hours on the same spot.... The only thing I find to relieve a good 50% of pain is before I get out of bed, I lay on my back, lift both legs up in the air, bend one towards your chest n stretch. Repeat with other leg. I walk the dogs or just myself a lot as walking is very good for sciatic nerve and of course I use Frankincense a lot n rub lower back to front hips. Just the frankincense helps enormously n I do also Dr. Ho pads. Sitting down too long is the worse thing for sciatic nerve. Itā€™s one of them things, ā€œdamm you do, damm you donā€™tā€. Why Iā€™ve decided to sell my business. Our health is more important.

OP
Dollys Owner

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
DO...Get that sciatica fixed! Donā€™t continue to tolerate the debilitating pain. Itā€™s just awful.
Sandy, I think, will soon need surgery. Sheā€™s had two CT guided shots for inflammation and they given her huge relief but she knows that at some point she will need a more invasive repair. Unfortunately the shots donā€™t work for everyone but well worth a try.

Sadly sciatic nerve is very hard to get rid of. I too have sciatic nerve issues, bursitis in each hip caused of my standing long hours on the same spot.... The only thing I find to relieve a good 50% of pain is before I get out of bed, I lay on my back, lift both legs up in the air, bend one towards your chest n stretch. Repeat with other leg. I walk the dogs or just myself a lot as walking is very good for sciatic nerve and of course I use Frankincense a lot n rub lower back to front hips. Just the frankincense helps enormously n I do also Dr. Ho pads. Sitting down too long is the worse thing for sciatic nerve. Itā€™s one of them things, ā€œdamm you do, damm you donā€™tā€. Why Iā€™ve decided to sell my business. Our health is more important.

Thanks everyone !I'm sure my back vertebrae and discs are deteriorating, as I have arthritis pain all over my body, but there's not too much I can do besides exercise. I've started keeping my dog on the main floor permanently, as I used to carry her upstairs because of her eyesight, so that's giving me more space to do some situps to strengthen my core muscles. I also do some stretches like [MENTION=15310]helsonwheels[/MENTION] suggested, and I seem to be in remission at the moment. I know it's going to flare up again periodically, but I'm living for the moment :) I'll probably eventually need surgery, but luckily I live in Canada so don't have worry if my HMO will cover it LOL I went to a rheumatologist, and he said to try to be as thin as possible.

I've been in conversation with this guy on redflagdeals ( that's like slickwallet in USA ), and put my name on his list to do a group buy for the new Toyota Rav4 Prime that's coming out next summer. Just love it- it's a plug in hybrid electric 4WD SUV with more power than anything in the Toyota lineup besides their Supra. Once I get that I hope to do some travelling, but of course sciatica flare if it happens will prevent that.

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
I had sciatica pain from a bulging disc in my back. Worst pain ever. I did PT and cortisone injections. Eventually had surgery which was the best decision ever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=16884]Dollys Owner[/MENTION] as you know Canadians as they as are call ā€œsnowbirdsā€ flock to Florida in the winter. Good friend of mine here has rheumatoid arthritis n had the bent fingers and all. Sheā€™s like me does a lot of essential oils but also she added CBD oils. I would say been a couple years now and her fingers are almost straight! I did tell her to use the frankincense but straight not diluted which she did, she changed the way she eats, she avoids nightshade veggies/fruits. Sheā€™s doing 70% better. Basically rheumatoid arthritis will never disappear but you can avoid pain simply by changing your diet. A Keto diet would be the best but you need to avoid red meat unless itā€™s extra lean and avoid eating too much of it. I will be working next spring on a cream with CBD/essential oil. Iā€™m waiting for my CBD seeds so I can grow one plant for now. CBD seeds are not the cannabis or THC that gets you high. So thereā€™s no danger. Lots of baby boomers are in pain. I just want to create something that will relieve pain without having to take meds. Since there is no cure for arthritis n only meds that will only camouflage the pain for a few hours, why not create my own cream or lotion myself?!?!? I know I can do it. And I will. Going to be a fun semi retirement. :)

OP
Dollys Owner

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
[MENTION=16884]Dollys Owner[/MENTION] as you know Canadians as they as are call ā€œsnowbirdsā€ flock to Florida in the winter. Good friend of mine here has rheumatoid arthritis n had the bent fingers and all. Sheā€™s like me does a lot of essential oils but also she added CBD oils. I would say been a couple years now and her fingers are almost straight! I did tell her to use the frankincense but straight not diluted which she did, she changed the way she eats, she avoids nightshade veggies/fruits. Sheā€™s doing 70% better. Basically rheumatoid arthritis will never disappear but you can avoid pain simply by changing your diet. A Keto diet would be the best but you need to avoid red meat unless itā€™s extra lean and avoid eating too much of it. I will be working next spring on a cream with CBD/essential oil. Iā€™m waiting for my CBD seeds so I can grow one plant for now. CBD seeds are not the cannabis or THC that gets you high. So thereā€™s no danger. Lots of baby boomers are in pain. I just want to create something that will relieve pain without having to take meds. Since there is no cure for arthritis n only meds that will only camouflage the pain for a few hours, why not create my own cream or lotion myself?!?!? I know I can do it. And I will. Going to be a fun semi retirement. :)

Sounds like a great business idea ! Luckily I just have osteoarthritis, not rheumatoid arthritis. Found a reference for growing your plant https://www.evecannabis.ca/plant-care/

You can also buy tent kits if you have a few plants eg. https://www.amazon.ca/BloomGrow-16x16x48-Hydroponic-Reflective-Waterproof/dp/B074H6FRC8/ref=sr_1_10?keywords=grow+tent&qid=1574608555&s=lawn-garden&sr=1-10

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Sounds like a great business idea ! Luckily I just have osteoarthritis, not rheumatoid arthritis. Found a reference for growing your plant https://www.evecannabis.ca/plant-care/

You can also buy tent kits if you have a few plants eg. https://www.amazon.ca/BloomGrow-16x16x48-Hydroponic-Reflective-Waterproof/dp/B074H6FRC8/ref=sr_1_10?keywords=grow+tent&qid=1574608555&s=lawn-garden&sr=1-10

Already have 2 tents, led lights for plants etc. I start my veggies in my tents. I plant late cause here you can get snow till June... Costly when you lost everything from frost.

Btw a lot of people think only to take calcium for bones when we should be talking magnesium. Magnesium is much more important for bone mass than calcium.

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.