DIY Christmas Gifts STARTED.....YIPPIE

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
So my Christmas spirit runs deep and EARLY, I am having such a great time with my DIY gifts, just wanted to share :)

IMG_9916.JPGIMG_9960.JPG

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Oh, how wonderful! Very inspiring!

The pic to the left, is that a knitted blanket? Looks like a lovely chunky yarn!

OP
sisters3

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
Oh, how wonderful! Very inspiring!

The pic to the left, is that a knitted blanket? Looks like a lovely chunky yarn!

Thanks! Yes, Merino wool blanket, NOT arm knitting though, its a hand knit blanket and A BLAST TO DO!!! The Merino wool is expensive so the next one I am doing is a chunky chenille one, for my sister who watches Joey when I am out of town, it will be one that you can wash in cold water.

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Thanks! Yes, Merino wool blanket, NOT arm knitting though, its a hand knit blanket and A BLAST TO DO!!! The Merino wool is expensive so the next one I am doing is a chunky chenille one, for my sister who watches Joey when I am out of town, it will be one that you can wash in cold water.

Please share pictures of that too! Now that the tomato/garden season is over I need to find time for knitting, sewing and crocheting! I really enjoy doing things like that but work so easily takes over that I don't seem to have the energy for projects when work has been finished and the dog has been walked! Thanks a lot for sharing these ideas; this is just the kind of inspitration that I need this time of year!

OP
sisters3

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
Please share pictures of that too! Now that the tomato/garden season is over I need to find time for knitting, sewing and crocheting! I really enjoy doing things like that but work so easily takes over that I don't seem to have the energy for projects when work has been finished and the dog has been walked! Thanks a lot for sharing these ideas; this is just the kind of inspitration that I need this time of year!

EXACTLY!! Me too, as soon as I cannot work outside I MUST begin inside projects. The blanket project is easy and way fun, I finished the wool one on a Sunday afternoon. I will totally share the new one with you. I hope to be finished next week. I never learned to knit for real so the hand knitting was a good thing for me to learn. I do like making hats on the round loom, have you used those yet?

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
EXACTLY!! Me too, as soon as I cannot work outside I MUST begin inside projects. The blanket project is easy and way fun, I finished the wool one on a Sunday afternoon. I will totally share the new one with you. I hope to be finished next week. I never learned to knit for real so the hand knitting was a good thing for me to learn. I do like making hats on the round loom, have you used those yet?

I've seen those round looms but haven't tried them, and I had to google hand knitting - do you mean knitting with your hands, without needles? I've never done that! I will dig out soem knitting needles and try to get started with some little project soon. :) Perhaps a sweater for Castor, he he.

OP
sisters3

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
I've seen those round looms but haven't tried them, and I had to google hand knitting - do you mean knitting with your hands, without needles? I've never done that! I will dig out soem knitting needles and try to get started with some little project soon. :) Perhaps a sweater for Castor, he he.

Yes, without needles, I found a tutorial video that's really great. The round looms are super for hats, especially for me since I don't know how to with needles LOL

LOL Joey might like a sweater too.....Better buy A TON of yarn :)

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I LOVE handmade Christmas gifts... I'm giving my local friends here succulents in Christmas mugs!!!

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Crafty people!!! Nothing better than creating something with your own hands. :2thumbs:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
You are one talented and creative person

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
sisters3

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
You are one talented and creative person

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ahhhhhhh what a nice thing to say!!!! Thank you!! If you saw the project that I started over for the 4TH time last night you might think differently!!!!

The soy candles are my favorite......

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
[MENTION=14995]sisters3[/MENTION]
Thanks again for your inspiration! I've started knitting wrist warmers - small project but it's fun and quick. These will be a gift and I hope to make some other stuff for Christmas presents.
wrist warmers2.jpeg

wrist warmers1.jpeg

OP
sisters3

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
[MENTION=14995]sisters3[/MENTION]
Thanks again for your inspiration! I've started knitting wrist warmers - small project but it's fun and quick. These will be a gift and I hope to make some other stuff for Christmas presents.
View attachment 117880

View attachment 117881

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Hey!!!! OMG I love those!!! I have never seen those before. Your choice of colors is fantastic. If we lived closer together I would be BEGGING you to teach me to knit for REAL :)

PLEASE keep sharing, I am getting more ideas LOL

BTW I have been trying to make a set of boot cuffs for my sister for Christmas, I will be starting my 4TH attempt this evening....Uggggg...wish me luck HAHAHAHAHA

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online