Let's share recipes!!

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
So freakin true... I very rarely measure anything when cooking... only measure in baking. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I donā€™t bake cause younger I was never a big fan on sweets so I never went into it. But as I get older, why idk, Iā€™m finding a sweet tooth in my mouth lol. Thank god I canā€™t bake. But if I need to bake, yes like you Iā€™ll have to measure stuff. Cooking, Iā€™ll cook you a storm with my eyes close. Isnā€™t that the truth we Italians do not measure whatsoever.

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
So freakin true... I very rarely measure anything when cooking... only measure in baking

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Measuring for baking is an absolute must!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Measuring for baking is an absolute must!! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If I bake a new recipe, I follow it. If I remake it, I guarantee some stuff will be remove n replace with...

OP
sisters3

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
Love Ravioli or any homemade pasta. I donā€™t eat much carbs as when I go home to visit, my sister feeds me till I canā€™t move. Then I fly back home takes me a month to digest n lose the 10lbs I gained hahaha...

Pasta:
500g ā€œ00ā€ flour
4 eggs
Mix all together like a dough n roll it out or pass it through the pasta machine
Nowadays you can also get any pasta form tray cutters. Lay the dough on top, fill with the filling, another layer of dough on top and roll with the rolling pin to cut into shapes...

Filling:
1 cup ricotta
1 cup mozz/provelone
1 egg

Sauce
28oz can San Marzano (best tomatoes on the planet)
7g sliced garlic
1 t salt
Fresh basil

View attachment 117606

YUM!!!! Just saved to my VIP recipe file!!

OP
sisters3

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
So freakin true... I very rarely measure anything when cooking... only measure in baking

Oh I totally wish that I could cook like that too, but......I cannot so I follow recipes PLUS it's always fun when I know where the recipe came from and picture that family making it YEARS earlier :)

- - - Updated - - -

Here is a link to an EBN sister site... I never posted, I donā€™t think but it looks to have a lot of content. Taste Tested Recipes Cooking Forum - Taste Tested Recipes- Cooking Forums

Very cool, thank you! If it's OK to still share recipes here, I would rather, if that's OK since I know people here and LOVE hearing the stories as much as the recipes :)

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I have my grandson here this week for his fall break, but I'll share some recipes next week!!! I cook dinner almost daily, and I love to bake as well... this should be fun :drawheart:

OP
sisters3

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
I have my grandson here this week for his fall break, but I'll share some recipes next week!!! I cook dinner almost daily, and I love to bake as well... this should be fun :drawheart:

YAY!!! Cannot wait!! Don't forget the stories too please :)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Oh I totally wish that I could cook like that too, but......I cannot so I follow recipes PLUS it's always fun when I know where the recipe came from and picture that family making it YEARS earlier :)

- - - Updated - - -

Very cool, thank you! If it's OK to still share recipes here, I would rather, if that's OK since I know people here and LOVE hearing the stories as much as the recipes :)

Absolutely!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Here is a link to an EBN sister site... I never posted, I donā€™t think but it looks to have a lot of content. Taste Tested Recipes Cooking Forum - Taste Tested Recipes- Cooking Forums

You know what... I tried a recipe there once and it was such a disaster that my family still talk about it! I don't remember exactly but it was something with chicken and orange and mustard, and we didn't have any Dijon mustard but only Swedish strong and sweet mustard. The whole dish was so sweet that we couldn't eat it!

Having said that, I'm sure the recipes on the site are brilliant (as long as you choose the right ingredients).

Looking forward to trying out fellow bulldog owners' recipes!

OP
sisters3

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
I'm sure that we've all made meatloaf at one point or another...my family LOVES cold meatloaf sandwiches the next day. Anyhow, a long time ago someone sent me this recipe and it's all I use AND I have given it out many times, most memorably to my cousin Lou's wife who is a very, very good cook :) Enjoy!

The Best Meatloaf In The World
(according to cousin Lou)

Ingredients

2# Ground Chuck (you may also use meatloaf mixture)
(1) egg (well beaten)
1/4 cup water
(1) Box Pork Flavored Stove Top Stuffing Mix
Ketchup

Preheat oven to 350 degrees

Mix together meat, egg, water and stuffing mix. Shape. Bake for 45 minutes, remove spread ketchup on top, bake for an additional 15 minutes. Enjoy !!!!

EllieMay

Oct 6, 2019
Marshall Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cinder
Iā€™ll give you a simple one I recently acquired. Itā€™s gotten lots of compliments to be so easy.

Pickled cucumbers

Garden fresh cucumbers
Pickling vinegar
Balsamic vinaigrette dressing
Your preference seasonings

Peel and slice your cucumbers
Put them in a jar with your favorite seasonings in the bottom ( I use minced garlic, onion and a bit of Tonyā€™s )
Fill jar with 3 parts vinegar & 1 part balsamic dressing mixture.
Put it in the fridge to chill and then itā€™s ready.

My kids canā€™t eat it fast enough!

OP
sisters3

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
[MENTION=19271]EllieMay[/MENTION] Sounds yummy and PERFECT TIMING! One of my sisters and I will be heading to the Amish market for end of season fresh vegetables ! You get so much for very little money, I see this recipe in my future!!

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Oh, lots of great recipes here. I had never heard of "Pork Flavored Stove Top Stuffing Mix". I looked it up and seems to be a ready-made mix of breadcrumbs and herbs? I have never seen readymade seasoned bread crumbs here!

A long time since I made meatloaf - will cook that this autumn and of course serve with pickled cucumbers!
[MENTION=14995]sisters3[/MENTION] Great thread!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.