Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Vegas and Orion
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Money saving tips

Completely turn off your satellite tv! Did you know you can find all your favorite episodes on your computer? Yep. We downgraded ours. We had HBO, Showtime...all of those. But we found that we really didn't need it. So, our bill went from over 150.00 (cause we'd order UFC fights) to under 60.00.

I am in total control....I think Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Money saving tips

I make a menu for the week and then put together the grocery list with only the ingredients I need to make the meals I had planned. My husband goes to the grocery store and will buy ONLY what is on the list. Nothing extra whatsoever. If it isn't written on the list, he won't buy it. It really helps when you only go once a week as those side trips every other day add up.

I also have been considering trading in my car and leasing. The savings is amazing! My husband is driving a Honda Accord for less than $200 a month and he can trade it in next year and get another one. We bought my Odyssey and I really think we can have lower monthly payments if we leased. He is looking forward to having a car that is paid off, but every time we pay one off, we take it and trade it in for a new one so what is the point?

Coupons...I have heard that you can really lower the cost of things by using them. I actually managed to get a few things for free at the grocery as the coupon was for more than the price of the item! I don't have that much patience for them but if you do, they can be worth it!

I am sure there are lots of other tips but the best one for us is the grocery list thing. We rarely go out to dinner and it saves us tons.

Drool Catcher Become a 4 Paw Member Tiffany B's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Rollie and Cash
    Likes (Received)

My big thing is I make my coffee at home now. That really adds up buying lattes and cappuccinos places. A few years ago my husbands workplace went on strike, we cut back on some bills, the biggest savings was our phone bill. We got the thrifty caller plan, $16 a month. We could call out at like 3 cents a min. But any incoming calls were free. So you could always do what did, call my mom let it ring once, hang up & she would call me back. If no one picks up your not charged! So 4 years later we kept the plan.We added the Internet and the total bill is $36.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads