pepper spray.... stun gun

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
Just curious if anyone has a recommendation on either pepper spray or stun guns. I have gotton scared a few times about loose dogs attacking my boy on walks. It hasn't happened but my neighbor said their was a large aggressive dog down the street one day and i thought heck, i cant just pick hank up and hide him under my shirt... what would i do. I also camp some now so thinking the pepper spray would make me feel somewhat safer. Anyway, any ideas?

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Just curious if anyone has a recommendation on either pepper spray or stun guns. I have gotton scared a few times about loose dogs attacking my boy on walks. It hasn't happened but my neighbor said their was a large aggressive dog down the street one day and i thought heck, i cant just pick hank up and hide him under my shirt... what would i do. I also camp some now so thinking the pepper spray would make me feel somewhat safer. Anyway, any ideas?

These dogs belong to someone? If so get the police involved, if not, hey pepper spray would work. I’m not sure of your bylaws but here neither is allowed. I sure would be walking with either or if police doesn’t do anything.

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
Years ago when I walked our Springer before dawn I carried pepper spray. There was one house where they always just let their dogs out for a pee before leaving for work and one, in particular, would charge. After a couple of blasts in the face, he didn't do it any more. It bothered me doing it because of his eyes but our safety over-rode that.

OptimisticBully

Sep 3, 2018
Country
India
Bulldog(s) Names
Kobieski ( Scott)
I really need to check on this stuff! It will be great! Never though of it before!

- - - Updated - - -

Years ago when I walked our Springer before dawn I carried pepper spray. There was one house where they always just let their dogs out for a pee before leaving for work and one, in particular, would charge. After a couple of blasts in the face, he didn't do it any more. It bothered me doing it because of his eyes but our safety over-rode that.

Great idea!

OP
Hankster

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
I have never seen the dog that is spoke of, though i do hear it And once while walking a few years ago with my shih tzu (that i could pick up and toss over a fence or what ever) , a different neighbor saw us and said "dont come down the street, theres a dog running loose" soooooooooooo, it's always on my mind as i cant quite do that with Hank and he really doesnt have a whole lot going for him for defense. I have ordered both and yep, Cali is legal so i was kinda glad. I hope to never have a need to use.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Choice of the two... spray because you don’t have to be as close

OP
Hankster

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
Choice of the two... spray because you don’t have to be as close

yep,,, thats what i figured too. I did the other as well as i camp with just me and my Hankster some so i figure if someone breaks into my van, i can spray and then zap on my way by lol I sound so tough huh ;)

Lalaloopsie

Apr 18, 2016
Cape Town, SA
Country
Belarus
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Just be careful with pepper spray, wrong wind direction and your dog or yourself can get part of the pepper cloud too. I just pick up Tank to protect my poor chicken from other hooligan dogs.

Members online

No members online now.