What other breeds does everyone else really like.......

cadillactaste

Feb 28, 2011
OHIO
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank and Sarge
Bump :) We have alot more members now and would love to see what everyone else says. I'm a dog nut in general but obviously a bit partial to EBs. I love squishy faces, low riders, lazy dogs and long ears. I'd love to have another bully (of course!), a bassett hound, boston terrier, corgi, french bulldog, american bulldog, olde english bulldog. Then when we have more property one day I'd love to have an Australian Cattle Dog and a Newfie but most importantly once I get the room my dream is to start an animal rescue and I think I'd like to focus on the breeds I see most often in shelters like chihuahuas, pits, labs, etc just because I assume they need the help the most. Then once we get the room we will always have labs because Dave is a duck hunter. I grew up with funky small dog mixes we got from the local shelter so I have never been particularly picky :)

Cute post topic...

I love basset hounds...years ago we even looked at a litter. But Jake our bulldog didn't find any that pulled him out of his slump he was in after the family dog passed away. So we ended up with Butchie a collie/shepherd mix that he later chose. [Photo on my introduction post] Anyways...I quote your comment Tessa only because you mentioned Australian Cattle Dog Researching the breed Australian Shepherd...I learned that those dogs are really a lot of work. I wasn't interested in that breed...so I honestly can't recall what was their reasoning for being leery of that breed...and many Aussie owners are afraid to own one. So just do your research on those if you ever decide your leaning strongly in that direction. ;)

I love my bulldogs...love bassets but doubt if we would ever realistically have one...but have always grown up with a dog with long hair. Years ago a neighbor had an Aussie a nickname for Australian Shepherds...And I was quite smitten by it's smarts and well the fact it was without a tail. After finally able to cope with another long haired dog after losing Butchie... I later did some research...and learned what line I wanted to get an Aussie from...and doubt we'll have anything but bulldogs and aussies in the future. Love my bulldog but love my aussie too.

Boston Terriers...my grandma had a feisty one...I know they aren't mean...but hers was...growning up with one that was so mean that no one could be in the same room with it. When my grandma died...they had the vet come and put it to sleep for it bit everyone who ever met it other than her. Sad but true... :*( Those French Bulldogs have caught my eye recently...but...I don't see us owning one. My husband likes bigger dogs than those. :rolleyes:

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Hmmm.. I wonder how I missed this thread before!! I do like Miniature Schnauzers which explains why we have two. They are certifiably insane, but once you accept that, life is good!!! :up: They are also very vocal, so be prepared for conversations as long as you want them to continue.

I would like to have a french bulldog or a boston terrier one day. Although, hubby dislikes both breeds so it may take some convincing. If I had to choose between the two my initial response would be a frenchie. After saying all this I have done no research on either breed!!!

Bella Cows Mama

Feb 4, 2011
Maine
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella Cow
I love EB's and Great Danes!!! I think those are the only two that I will ever own. I have a puggle but she is high energy and very mischievous...I like the breed but will never own one again. For looks but not actually wanting to own one....I like dalmations, huskies, those dogs with the long dreads(name?),shiba inu, argentine dogo(maybe would own one), and my husband loves bull terriers and I would love to have one but what I have researched, they don't always like other dogs.

OP
TessaAndSamson

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
[MENTION=1922]cadillactaste[/MENTION] Oh I know alot about Australian Cattle Dogs which is why I would only be interested in getting one after we buy a home with a decent amount of property one day, which is the plan so I can start my rescue. I know they are one of the most intelligent, high energy breeds out there and absolutely NEED to be mentally stimulated. I just think they are wonderful breed, so beautiful and I have heard so many wonderful things from ACD owners about their loyalty and personality. I will only get one when I have the room and time for one, it wouldn't be fair any other way.

cadillactaste

Feb 28, 2011
OHIO
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank and Sarge
[MENTION=1922]cadillactaste[/MENTION] Oh I know alot about Australian Cattle Dogs which is why I would only be interested in getting one after we buy a home with a decent amount of property one day, which is the plan so I can start my rescue. I know they are one of the most intelligent, high energy breeds out there and absolutely NEED to be mentally stimulated. I just think they are wonderful breed, so beautiful and I have heard so many wonderful things from ACD owners about their loyalty and personality. I will only get one when I have the room and time for one, it wouldn't be fair any other way.

Well as long as you researched and know what your getting into...I say GO FOR IT! I know my neighbor "used" to have one not sure what happened to it or where it went. It was the farmer before you pulled into the lake association. I always admired it in their yard. :heart: Our Aussie is also an intelligent, high energy breed. Though she does have an off button which is nice.

crystalmcr

Nov 8, 2010
Minnesota
Bulldog(s) Names
Frany Stein and Boris Karloff
I have had Akitas for 26years. I LOVE that breed, BUT you do have to be careful who you buy from. Just like with bulldogs, there are some "breeders" you have to stay away from. The issue may not be health, as it is temperment. We have carefully reaserched breeders before purchasing and have had very good luck. My akitas have "worked" in my Accredited Childcare business, when I was doing it, they have been great with my bullies and are as mellow as can be. So, as in any breed research very well before buying!:)

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.