What other breeds does everyone else really like.......

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I love all dogs- but especially those with short legs. Dunno why. Welsh Corgies, Pugs, Basset Hounds. Love big paws too. Big paws are cute!

But I must admit I like my dogs a bit lazy, I would go crazy with hyper dogs. I already have hyper kids! :p

OP
TessaAndSamson

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
Ahhh I agree on all those breeds! I like boston terriers too! I must admit I prefer lazy dogs as well. I picked a bulldog because I am a lazy person (thats not the only reason of course). I didn't want an exercise buddy, I wanted a best friend to cuddle on the couch with!

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
I like the boston terriers also but mostly the bigger dogs like st bernards, newfoundlands, etc. I really love most all dogs tho, if 1 turned up at my door I would probably keep it nomatter what it was. lol

OP
TessaAndSamson

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
Bump :) We have alot more members now and would love to see what everyone else says. I'm a dog nut in general but obviously a bit partial to EBs. I love squishy faces, low riders, lazy dogs and long ears. I'd love to have another bully (of course!), a bassett hound, boston terrier, corgi, french bulldog, american bulldog, olde english bulldog. Then when we have more property one day I'd love to have an Australian Cattle Dog and a Newfie but most importantly once I get the room my dream is to start an animal rescue and I think I'd like to focus on the breeds I see most often in shelters like chihuahuas, pits, labs, etc just because I assume they need the help the most. Then once we get the room we will always have labs because Dave is a duck hunter. I grew up with funky small dog mixes we got from the local shelter so I have never been particularly picky :)

Lacey28

Community Veteran
Sep 17, 2010
Windsor Ontario Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Silva and Stella
I have always loved Great Danes and would love to get one in the future. My husband always wanted a bully and thats why we got Silva, then of course I fell in love with her and now she is MY dog! :lol:

bfletch13

Community Veteran
Dec 19, 2010
Arkansas
Bulldog(s) Names
Jozi, Wales
I love Great Danes!! Kizer my GD that
passed away was a great dog. He was
a 160Lbs lapdog. Seriously he would come
step up onto the recliner when I was in it.

When we went to bed Kizer got upon the bed
in between my wife and I and layed his head
on my pillow. He was an awesome dog!!

The reverse side of this my least favorite
has to be the Jack Russell Terror!! My wife
had one in college. WOW it was hyper. We
moved into a new house when we got married
and one day while we were at work she found
a place in the fence she could get out. I was sad
that she ran away but also relieved at the same time.

Telly03

Community Veteran
Mar 31, 2010
Maryland
Bulldog(s) Names
Moses
I used to have a Maremma Sheepdog... she was such an awesome dog. I will always be partial to them because of my experience. I also love Great Danes.

My wife's Shih Tzu is a really good dog, perfect for her, but really doesn't fit my personality... guess that's why I call her "my wife's dog"

Gertie's Mom

Community Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
SanTan Valley, Az.
Bulldog(s) Names
Gertie & Ida
My favorite breeds are Old English Sheepdogs, St. Bernards and of course, EB's. There are lots of others I like, I'm just a dog person. Very few I don't like.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
My dad has had Boston Terrior's since I was a small child (I am 47) so of course I love them! His baby's will live 12-14 years and he will grieve himself to death and say "I am done, No more" He lost his last one about 8 months ago at the age of 13, and within 2 months had a new pup!! I had a basset hound for 11 years until she passed, I use to breed and raise doberman's with my X in the late 80's, But I have wanted an EB since I was a teenager and finally at the age of 46 was stable enough and had the money to get one after my kids were raised and gone!! He is my empty nest replacement and I love him to death!!

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
I love any squishy face!!! EB's Frenchies, Bostons etc... I also love the sad bark type dogs, Bassetts, Bloodhounds. That deep sad grunt bark is adorable to me.

I really don't care for small yippy dogs that need to be brushed and groomed daily or go to the spa for bows and polish, sorry all of you who have them, no offense. I grew up with a Bully, just like I say, once a bully in the house, you will always have a bully in the house.

Gene_the demon

Oct 22, 2010
El Paso, TX
Bulldog(s) Names
Gene "The Demon"
Grew up with pitbulls so i love pitbulls, also st. bernards, great danes, german shepherds, akitas, rottweilers, and one of my favorites: bull terriers :D
I pretty much like all big dogs and like [MENTION=770]Bella'sMom[/MENTION] said not to offend anyone but i dont have much interest in little breeds, [MENTION=1628]avalen13[/MENTION] should know sometimes i just cant stand her pomeranian

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
I like quiet and lazy dogs. Not too big and not too small. Plus they have to be cute and a cuddlebug, so eb's are what I consider perfect dogs (for me).

My bf likes the ones that don't fit in our house, like mastiffs and great danes.

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
I grew up loving Collies. I love Shelties for the miniature version. However I had a sheltie almost 30 years ago, that I had to give away because he required much more attention than I could provide at the time with being a full time working single mother. I still think they are wonderful dogs, but now that we have experienced Bully love first hand I think this will remain a Bully only household.

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Ive never cared all that much for dogs. My parents had dogs when I was young but I never had a dog. I'm 65 now and that opinion hasn't changed much over the years.... with one exception. Whenever dogs came into the conversation I said I didn't want a dog but IF I ever got one it would have to be an English Bull. When I retired last summer Lari suggested an EB as a 'retirement buddy'. Little did I know I would be 'serving' Royalty :rolleyes::cool: :)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.