Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I must be the only woman alive who hates to shop.

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: I must be the only woman alive who hates to shop.

OK so looks like I'm the only one .............. I shopping!!!
    I any type of shopping - even grocery shopping. Maybe its because I was a chef for six years and so just looking for ingredients and different foods is fascinating to me. However, I do agree that it is easier without kids. IF I had to take them when they were younger the local grocery store (Tescos) sold big sticks of french bread that I used to tear the end off and give to them as we went round. A mouth full of freshly baked, still warm french bread was enough to keep them quiet!!

Now I go on my own ... and prefer to shop on my own. The hubby is not allowed to come because then strange things appear in my shopping cart usually bags of M&Ms, cakes, or the most expensive things out of each aisle. So I try to shop when he's not around! I'm also very very very ANAL about unloading the groceries and putting them into the kitchen. I have to be the one to put all the stuff away, because then I know where everything is and it's like a recap of what I actually bought.

Clothes are ok ... but shoe shopping is the greatest ....

Did I mention that I shopping .... if only I had the bank account to equal the !!!

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Moses
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

I don't mind going to the mall, but I can not stay in one store too long... my wife notices a certain look in my face, like I am being tortured. At that point I follow her around, which drives her crazy... so if she needs to do any serious shopping and wants me to come along, it has to be at the mall so I can roam. I don't mind grocery shopping, except if my wife is with me... the scene is usually me holding the basket staring at her in bewilderment while calculating how long this trip will take if she spends 10 minutes comparing labels on every item before they make it in the basket. But it's the love that keeps me smiling through the whole thing

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

I hate shopping so much that it is 1:18 PM, I only have one baby dressed and ready, and I am sitting here looking at EBN.

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)

@desertskybulldogs If only we lived closer then I would come and shop for you!!

Lucy-licious

@kazzy220, nothing like a warm french loaf at Tescos for keeping kids quiet,
    Andrew my eldest used to suck the loaf all round the store when he was a baby/toddler used to keep him occupied until we were home and unpacked

BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
    Likes (Received)

I really don't mind shopping. If I have something I need to get I LOVE IT. But I am one of those that has something in mind and until I find that particular one, I keep looking. To be honest my favorite shopping is home goods, decorating, renovating. I am working on the final "guest" room and re-decorating our master bed, so I am having a blast right now.
    Grocery shopping isn't bad at all, when kids were in the house. Menus and lists were always a necessity. Now with just the tow of us, we can get by with going about once a month.

Always with me

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Gertie & Ida
    Likes (Received)

I used to love to shop. Didn't bother me to haul a 4 yr. old, 2 yr. old and newborn along. I just did it, never really thought much about it. Now, if I have any of my grandkids (except my 12 yr. old granddaughter), we are in for the day! I think it's depressing to grocery shop. Everytime I go, I see how all the prices are up and the packages are smaller than last time. (Think I'm getting OLD!!) I quit doing malls years ago. But I do enjoy shopping for my dogs.

There is nothing nicer than two sweet Bully girls, unless it's THREE sweet Bully girls!!
    Julie, Gertie, Ida & Clementine in Az.

Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    lex 19 months
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

i cant stand shopping if i have to go to walmart i will wait till midnite or so and go just to miss the dam crowds... malls i really hate when its christmas time i will also avoid if i have to or go right when it opens when no one is really there. i do most of my shopping online its the best!!! mine is more of the dumb people out and think they own the whole aisles and when your behind someone walking like theyre just learning how really???!!! i deal with stupid people all day at work really dont like dealing with them when im off too lol...
    Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

Doggie Boutique Owner Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Butler
    Likes (Received)

i need anxiety medication or alcohol to go shopping

Bulldog(s) Names
    Bullet {booboo}
    Likes (Received)

i to bargin shop! i approach grocery shopping in a manner of "let's see how much i can get for little money" attitude and i LOVE it! now, i'm not a "browse the mall for the fun of it" type of girl. if i need something...i'm on a mission until i find it. i don't take my time, i don't just casually browse....i hustle through the stores and on to the next. lol yeah my family LOVES me. lol
    Amy

Dog Groomer Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Nikki
    Wilmington, North Carolina, United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Winston, Hitch, Layla, Sugar Boo
    Likes (Received)

I LOVE to shop!!! It doesnt even matter what Im shopping for. it!
    "I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love. For me they are the role model for being alive." <3

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads