sisters3

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
Wow - I had never heard of soy candles before (but now I have read up - EBN is the place to go to for inspiration and the chance to learn new things!). Very interesting and so you and your sister make them and sell? We sometimes made traditional dipped candles when I was a kid, but the ones you make look very professional!

How nice it sounds with a little cottage and a candle-making workshop!

Right?? It's the stuff DREAMS are made of :) It took about 3 years (and quite a bit of money) to test pour etc. and perfect our formula but eventually we did. We started a little company BUT with both of us working full time we just could not keep up with regular inventory. It was fun doing craft shows and stuff but we decided to stop advertising at that point. Well, fast forward to 2 years ago and we both had friends that wanted to learn and they loved it, so we teach and pour with friends that all chip in on supplies. We sell to friends and family but not the "general retail public" (cancelled business license), but we will again in a few years. We also make room sprays and lotions, it is SO FUN!!!!! Hence my plans for my very own workshop for my candle pouring activities :) Thank you for the kind words!!!

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Maybe a semi retirement hobby?

I use to do stain glass. LOVE IT!! Kept all my equipment as I will go back to it. Iā€™ve drawn a special pattern. Canā€™t wait to do it. Going to be big too. For the kitchen with grapes, cheese, real old vintage wine bottles, vines etc. was going to craft or call it in glass.... Hellā€™s Kitchen or cucina dā€™amore till one day my son said.... Ma, did you know thereā€™s a Hellā€™s Kitchen in NY? I had absolutely no clue... go figure... today I do as Ramse is all over tv. This was before he was on tv...

Canā€™t wait

OP
sisters3

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
Maybe a semi retirement hobby?

I use to do stain glass. LOVE IT!! Kept all my equipment as I will go back to it. Iā€™ve drawn a special pattern. Canā€™t wait to do it. Going to be big too. For the kitchen with grapes, cheese, real old vintage wine bottles, vines etc. was going to craft or call it in glass.... Hellā€™s Kitchen or cucina dā€™amore till one day my son said.... Ma, did you know thereā€™s a Hellā€™s Kitchen in NY? I had absolutely no clue... go figure... today I do as Ramse is all over tv. This was before he was on tv...

Canā€™t wait

HOW EXCITING! Sounds beautiful too! There's something about creating, whether it's growing tomatoes, pouring candles, stained glass, etc. that is just so meaningful, relaxing, and HAPPY :) Do you have a sketch that you can share or all in your head?

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
HOW EXCITING! Sounds beautiful too! There's something about creating, whether it's growing tomatoes, pouring candles, stained glass, etc. that is just so meaningful, relaxing, and HAPPY :) Do you have a sketch that you can share or all in your head?

No itā€™s been packed up since Iā€™ve moved to Alberta. Up in the garage. Itā€™s about 3ā€™x4ā€™ I kept these 40yr old wine bottles to insert in the glass. I stick to Victorian styles. Yes youā€™re so right about the relaxing part. Glass, gardening is like my getaway. Iā€™m basically zoned out when Iā€™m in my environment. Like meditating.

OP
sisters3

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
No itā€™s been packed up since Iā€™ve moved to Alberta. Up in the garage. Itā€™s about 3ā€™x4ā€™ I kept these 40yr old wine bottles to insert in the glass. I stick to Victorian styles. Yes youā€™re so right about the relaxing part. Glass, gardening is like my getaway. Iā€™m basically zoned out when Iā€™m in my environment. Like meditating.

How your vision sounds BEAUTIFUL!!! I hope that when it becomes a reality you share here :)

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Well this one was sure hidden well. Will have to stuff it.

Snowing here so I'm harvesting a tad earlier.
94811f3d9d7a787f124e3afb56db58df.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

OP
sisters3

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
[MENTION=15310]helsonwheels[/MENTION] Oh beautiful!!!! Ummmmm SNOWING ???????

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Well this one was sure hidden well. Will have to stuff it.

Snowing here so I'm harvesting a tad earlier.
94811f3d9d7a787f124e3afb56db58df.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Or make zucchini bread!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
tomatskƃĀ¶rd.jpg

So I have harvested my little tomato field! Too cold now for them to ripen outdoors so I brought them in. Took in my potted chili plants too. They still have lots of flowers (but only a few tiny chili fruits) so will be interesting to see if they survive indoors. Anyone with experience of growing chili plants indoors?

OP
sisters3

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
View attachment 117579

So I have harvested my little tomato field! Too cold now for them to ripen outdoors so I brought them in. Took in my potted chili plants too. They still have lots of flowers (but only a few tiny chili fruits) so will be interesting to see if they survive indoors. Anyone with experience of growing chili plants indoors?

No experience here, sorry.....Your final harvest is beautiful!! I can hardly believe that we've been at this here from planting to final harvest....I LOVED IT!!!!

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Good idea. Looks like a traditional root cellar but with a roof letting light in! I'm actually considering setting up a small-scale hydroponic system to grow lettuce and fresh herbs indoors. I got a book so am reading up a bit to see how efficient / convenient this will be.

I saw a lecture regarding hydroponic gardening systems, and it's fascinating!!! He did mention that lettuce tasted the best... most plants need dirt to make them taste better (for example tomatoes).

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Good idea. Looks like a traditional root cellar but with a roof letting light in! I'm actually considering setting up a small-scale hydroponic system to grow lettuce and fresh herbs indoors. I got a book so am reading up a bit to see how efficient / convenient this will be.

Iā€™m thinking when I move back home, Iā€™ll be buying something at least with one acreage n up so that would be a great idea it have..

My Neighbour he rents farm land n sell all sort of veggies in a box. Latest craze. And in his backyard he has a huge greenhouse. Our backyards are big. His greenhouse is all hydroponic. He was growing my basil for my company till I grew bigger he couldnā€™t do just basil as he needs to do other veggies. But hydroponic is so healthy.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Ok so hereā€™s whatā€™s growing...left to right...
Potatoes, turnips, carrots. onions, onions, onions...someone was onion happy...beans, cabbage, cauliflower, Brussels sprouts,

Far back...
Zucchini, Beets, lettuce, egg plant

Neighbours will be happy.. lol

8C24E04A-D313-4C0B-BE95-BA671A8F8A40.jpeg

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.