Need Gardening HELP Please

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Wow that really sounds like a BLAST !!!! The older siblings got to travel more but we had our share too LOL !! I've been in the same house going on 11 years and getting ready to move again...like I said, it's in my DNA hahahaha As long as Joey does not have an issue with it LOL !! This house feels too big....I am searching for the perfect cottage sized place with a bit more ground, nothing huge, I'm trying to downsize to a simpler life, too much STUFF and too much house. Hopefully will free up some time for TRAVEL :)

Are the "inter-rail" tickets still in existence ?

Yep, they have become popular again, but now they seem to be geared towards shorter trips. In the 80s, people travelled for a month, and in those days it felt like everything was so inexpensive in southern Europe.

Moving to a new house can be fun - and difficult! We moved a couple of years ago and it was horrible and also the best thing!

OP
sisters3

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
Yep, they have become popular again, but now they seem to be geared towards shorter trips. In the 80s, people travelled for a month, and in those days it felt like everything was so inexpensive in southern Europe.

Moving to a new house can be fun - and difficult! We moved a couple of years ago and it was horrible and also the best thing!

I think I will put "train trip" on my bucket list!!! Oh Ugggggg I sure hope this one is not horrible! Why horrible? A far move?

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Aww... we LOVED Germany!!! Lived in Darmstadt for several years, and I even worked for the Stars and Stripes. We traveled ALL over Europe... Germany, France, England, Austria, Switzerland, Lichtenstein and the Netherlands. I have a bucket list a MILE long of all the places I want to visit... my hubby is in Romania right now, and I'm hoping to go with him on one of his trips.

I absolutely LOVE to travel, and I want to see the world!!! It's just hard when you have kids and doggies at home... Ugh, I'm ready to be an empty nester!!! Lol

I just went on an Alaskan cruise... started in Anchorage and went all the way to Vancouver. Got to see Glacier Bay Alaska, which has been on my bucket list forever.

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
We go through Fenwick every year on the way to Rehoboth Beach. Fenwick is very nice...very quiet, peaceful. All of the towns above Ocean City along that stretch of the Atlantic coast are nice...Bethany, Dewey, Rehoboth, Henlopen State Park, Lewis. Cape May is Okay...but I was a little disappointed considering how much we spent to cross over on the ferry.
Rehoboth is by far the best of the lot.
Good restaurants and lots of fun shopping. It’s a VERY dog friendly town. They know us and On the Rebound very well. That’s where we do our biggest fund raiser every year at the Sea Witch Festival. Too bad you won’t be there for the festival...it’s great!!!

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
I think I will put "train trip" on my bucket list!!! Oh Ugggggg I sure hope this one is not horrible! Why horrible? A far move?

I now see that the word "horrible" was a slight exaggeration! What I meant was all the work and the realisation that you have so much stuff that just has been sitting there for (twenty) years. But everything went fine. And no, not far - just a couple of blocks, actually!

OP
sisters3

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
Aww... we LOVED Germany!!! Lived in Darmstadt for several years, and I even worked for the Stars and Stripes. We traveled ALL over Europe... Germany, France, England, Austria, Switzerland, Lichtenstein and the Netherlands. I have a bucket list a MILE long of all the places I want to visit... my hubby is in Romania right now, and I'm hoping to go with him on one of his trips.

I absolutely LOVE to travel, and I want to see the world!!! It's just hard when you have kids and doggies at home... Ugh, I'm ready to be an empty nester!!! Lol

I just went on an Alaskan cruise... started in Anchorage and went all the way to Vancouver. Got to see Glacier Bay Alaska, which has been on my bucket list forever.

Wow Tracey!!! Now YOU are well traveled!! I remember READING the Stars and Stripes!! That is so cool! So were you military?

OP
sisters3

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
We go through Fenwick every year on the way to Rehoboth Beach. Fenwick is very nice...very quiet, peaceful. All of the towns above Ocean City along that stretch of the Atlantic coast are nice...Bethany, Dewey, Rehoboth, Henlopen State Park, Lewis. Cape May is Okay...but I was a little disappointed considering how much we spent to cross over on the ferry.
Rehoboth is by far the best of the lot.
Good restaurants and lots of fun shopping. It’s a VERY dog friendly town. They know us and On the Rebound very well. That’s where we do our biggest fund raiser every year at the Sea Witch Festival. Too bad you won’t be there for the festival...it’s great!!!

Ohhhh wow!!! Thanks for the info! When is the festival??

OP
sisters3

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
I now see that the word "horrible" was a slight exaggeration! What I meant was all the work and the realisation that you have so much stuff that just has been sitting there for (twenty) years. But everything went fine. And no, not far - just a couple of blocks, actually!

WHEW!!!! I started thinking that I missed something when I decided to move on LOL....I want to stay in the area too, sisters are here. I am actually appalled at the THINGS that I have acquired over the past 11 years, buy...buy...buy...and put away where it has not been seen IN YEARS. Well I am turning over a new leaf as my dear Mom would say.....NO MORE USELESS STUFF :)

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
WHEW!!!! I started thinking that I missed something when I decided to move on LOL....I want to stay in the area too, sisters are here. I am actually appalled at the THINGS that I have acquired over the past 11 years, buy...buy...buy...and put away where it has not been seen IN YEARS. Well I am turning over a new leaf as my dear Mom would say.....NO MORE USELESS STUFF :)

We got some unplanned help in deciding what to keep as we discovered that our storage area in the basement of our complex had suffered from some flooding... so a lot of books, old textiles, etc. were mouldy and had to be discarded. That's what happens when there is so much in the storage that you cannot see past the things you can actually reach, he he.

Best of luck when you move!

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
When is the festival??
It's a Holloween based festival on the last weekend in October(25th-27th). We set up a Kissing Booth and a Pumkin Patch with Bulldogs to entertain. People make donations to our cause. I take photos and print them on sight for donations. We also sell shirts, hats, bandanas, etc. We usually have 25-30 Bulldogs there and all of the attendees stay in the same motel. It's really fun.
We usually go a few days early and take the Bulldogs on walks to the beach and through town. Sometimes it takes an hour just to walk a few blocks because of the attention that the dogs get from the townspeople and the visitors. Rehoboth is way cool. Be sure to visit when you go that way.
Good restaurants too...
Dos Locos
Summer House
Dogfish Head Brewing and Eats
Grotto Pizza
Salt Air
Henlopen City Oyster

OP
sisters3

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
We got some unplanned help in deciding what to keep as we discovered that our storage area in the basement of our complex had suffered from some flooding... so a lot of books, old textiles, etc. were mouldy and had to be discarded. That's what happens when there is so much in the storage that you cannot see past the things you can actually reach, he he.

Best of luck when you move!

Yes, that will do it! Sorry to hear, hopefully nothing that can't be replaced. Thanks for the kind words, I'm praying that I am doing this right and following the path that's been laid out for us :)

OP
sisters3

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
It's a Holloween based festival on the last weekend in October(25th-27th). We set up a Kissing Booth and a Pumkin Patch with Bulldogs to entertain. People make donations to our cause. I take photos and print them on sight for donations. We also sell shirts, hats, bandanas, etc. We usually have 25-30 Bulldogs there and all of the attendees stay in the same motel. It's really fun.
We usually go a few days early and take the Bulldogs on walks to the beach and through town. Sometimes it takes an hour just to walk a few blocks because of the attention that the dogs get from the townspeople and the visitors. Rehoboth is way cool. Be sure to visit when you go that way.
Good restaurants too...
Dos Locos
Summer House
Dogfish Head Brewing and Eats
Grotto Pizza
Salt Air
Henlopen City Oyster

OMG sounds amazing!!!! I bet my one sister would love to take a road trip with Joey and I !!! Seriously, I am checking it out now! do you know which hotel yet?

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
OMG sounds amazing!!!! I bet my one sister would love to take a road trip with Joey and I !!! Seriously, I am checking it out now! do you know which hotel yet?

We always stay at the Atlantis Inn. It's nothing special except that they love our group(and of course the Bulldogs) and take good care of us. The rooms are nice enough and they welcome dogs. If you'd like to be added to our list please let me know and I'll get Sandy to send you a notice that explains everything you need to know. We welcome all Bulldog lovers to join us.

OP
sisters3

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
We always stay at the Atlantis Inn. It's nothing special except that they love our group(and of course the Bulldogs) and take good care of us. The rooms are nice enough and they welcome dogs. If you'd like to be added to our list please let me know and I'll get Sandy to send you a notice that explains everything you need to know. We welcome all Bulldog lovers to join us.

I will talk with my sister on vacation. Stay tuned!! THANKS !!!

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
How are your veggies doing? We still have tomatoes but the leaves now start to mould so it's a matter of weeks before we need to pick all tomatoes and let them ripe indoors. Castor has been helping out and here he's resting in the autumn sun.
trÀdgÄrden sept.jpg

tomater sept.jpg

trÀdgÄrdsmÀstaren sept.jpeg

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.