sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
Ah, sounds delicious. Are you coming our way? :D

Oh what a dream THAT would be!!! Can't you just imagine!!!!! Except for Canada the only foreign country I have been to is Germany. I'm so totally that I can call you my FOREIGN FRIEND :) and Joey feels the same about Castor!!! Oh and this year's big family vacation is Fenwick Island, Delaware!! I am so excited !!!!!

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
...and this year's big family vacation is Fenwick Island, Delaware!! I am so excited !!!!!

Fenwick? We will be very close to Fenwick in late October! Will you be there then?

OP
sisters3

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
Fenwick? We will be very close to Fenwick in late October! Will you be there then?

I WISH !!!! But that would be too long of a vacation LOL We have a vacation house starting Saturday for the week. I have never been, have you??? We are on the bay side. Joey has never seen the ocean, so should be an adventure!!

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Oh what a dream THAT would be!!! Can't you just imagine!!!!! Except for Canada the only foreign country I have been to is Germany. I'm so totally that I can call you my FOREIGN FRIEND :) and Joey feels the same about Castor!!! Oh and this year's big family vacation is Fenwick Island, Delaware!! I am so excited !!!!!

:D I googled Fenwick Island, Delaware, and the beaches look enormous! Hope the weather is good - I can imagine Joey and you will love it there. Castor likes to run on the beach (although we have been careful after he had an encounter with sand flies). Just make sure Joey doesn't drink the water (esp if there is seaweed). Usually sea water shouldn't be dangerous, but swallowing sea water can upset their tummies.

I so much like our cross-Atlantic contacts too! I visited the US a number of times in my childhood and youth but haven't been there for many many years now. How come you visited Germany?

Enjoy your vacation!

OP
sisters3

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
:D I googled Fenwick Island, Delaware, and the beaches look enormous! Hope the weather is good - I can imagine Joey and you will love it there. Castor likes to run on the beach (although we have been careful after he had an encounter with sand flies). Just make sure Joey doesn't drink the water (esp if there is seaweed). Usually sea water shouldn't be dangerous, but swallowing sea water can upset their tummies.

I so much like our cross-Atlantic contacts too! I visited the US a number of times in my childhood and youth but haven't been there for many many years now. How come you visited Germany?

Enjoy your vacation!

I will be extra careful with Joey, hopefully cool enough for a walk in the morning (fingers crossed) and she will be just fine admiring the ocean from afar LOL

I was in the US Air Force and served in Germany for a bit. It was super, actually reminded me of Pennsylvania! I pray that myself and my siblings have many more years to travel, our Dad was second generation in the US, before that it as Budapest. So, one sister wants terribly to go to Hungry.....I would be nervous probably.....especially since Joey would not be there so that trip has to be way in he future. It's awesome that you have visited the US, I sure wish that I could say that I have visited SWEDEN !!

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)

Enjoy your vacation!
Hi there. I was stationed in Germany 1978-1981. Lived in Bremerhaven. I saw more of Germany in my armored personnel carrier than I did off duty. Went to Berlin and have pictures of Checkpoint Charlie. Yes I am an old fart and the German beer at the Gasthaus is the best.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

OP
sisters3

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
Hi there. I was stationed in Germany 1978-1981. Lived in Bremerhaven. I saw more of Germany in my armored personnel carrier than I did off duty. Went to Berlin and have pictures of Checkpoint Charlie. Yes I am an old fart and the German beer at the Gasthaus is the best.

Thank you for your service!!! USAF, TDY to Germany 1985/86, I on the other hand MUST have my beer cold LOL :)

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
Thank you for your service!!! USAF, TDY to Germany 1985/86, I on the other hand MUST have my beer cold LOL :)
Well you zoomies can't handle some beer that is not ice cold. Heck the Canadian soldiers drink out of their boots. I drew the line there. Training at Hoenfels. Ah yes Ma Klappers schnitzel mit brochen and good Doppelbock bier.

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Well you zoomies can't handle some beer that is not ice cold. Heck the Canadian soldiers drink out of their boots. I drew the line there. Training at Hoenfels. Ah yes Ma Klappers schnitzel mit brochen and good Doppelbock bier.

Thank you for your service.

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
[MENTION=11639]rjisaterp[/MENTION] Bremerhaven is not that far from here! [MENTION=14995]sisters3[/MENTION] Budapest looks very beautiful. In the 80s, I travelled a lot by train throughout Europe, but only Western Europe, of course. Since then, East European cities like Budapest and Prague have become popular travel destinations, though.

OP
sisters3

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
[MENTION=11639]rjisaterp[/MENTION] Bremerhaven is not that far from here! [MENTION=14995]sisters3[/MENTION] Budapest looks very beautiful. In the 80s, I travelled a lot by train throughout Europe, but only Western Europe, of course. Since then, East European cities like Budapest and Prague have become popular travel destinations, though.

How awesome for you!! What took you on your travels? Holiday or moving with family?

We moved all over, my brother (the oldest) born in NJ then straight off to the UK (Our Dad was a career soldier), then older sister born in Madrid, then the last 2 (including me) born in Mississippi, traveling and MOVING are both in my DNA :) Myself and my "Irish Twin" sister never were stationed overseas with our folks, only the older ones.....

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I do have 32% lead crystal decanters and bourbon glasses that we purchased at a shop in then East Berlin. Traveled to the east via Checkpoint Charlie. Yes the Wall was still up.

OP
sisters3

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
I do have 32% lead crystal decanters and bourbon glasses that we purchased at a shop in then East Berlin. Traveled to the east via Checkpoint Charlie. Yes the Wall was still up.

UMMM WOW AND YIKES!!

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
How awesome for you!! What took you on your travels? Holiday or moving with family?

We moved all over, my brother (the oldest) born in NJ then straight off to the UK (Our Dad was a career soldier), then older sister born in Madrid, then the last 2 (including me) born in Mississippi, traveling and MOVING are both in my DNA :) Myself and my "Irish Twin" sister never were stationed overseas with our folks, only the older ones.....

A bit of both - travelled with family (and stayed for half a year in the US as a child) but then inter-railed a lot in my late teens and early 20s (inter-rail = in those days a train ticket you could use for one month all over Western Europe).

Sounds like you have an interesting international family background!

OP
sisters3

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
A bit of both - travelled with family (and stayed for half a year in the US as a child) but then inter-railed a lot in my late teens and early 20s (inter-rail = in those days a train ticket you could use for one month all over Western Europe).

Sounds like you have an interesting international family background!

Wow that really sounds like a BLAST !!!! The older siblings got to travel more but we had our share too LOL !! I've been in the same house going on 11 years and getting ready to move again...like I said, it's in my DNA hahahaha As long as Joey does not have an issue with it LOL !! This house feels too big....I am searching for the perfect cottage sized place with a bit more ground, nothing huge, I'm trying to downsize to a simpler life, too much STUFF and too much house. Hopefully will free up some time for TRAVEL :)

Are the "inter-rail" tickets still in existence ?

Members online