sisters3

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
Thanks - will try that once my tomatoes have ripened! Sounds easy and delicious. My mum roasts halved tomatoes (low temp for perhaps two hours) and she uses estragon, I think, and serves them as a side order to meat.

Hmmm what is estragon?

- - - Updated - - -

Wow looks yummy! With Hellmannā€™s too! Best mayo!

RIGHT ????? Best Mayo EVER EVER EVER :)

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Hi friends, I'm back from another vacation!!! My tomatoes were a big disappointment... they didn't get very big, and they didn't have a great taste. Granted my son and his gf DID water them, but they didn't do very well... maybe the tomato in a bag isn't such a great idea.

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
Hi friends, I'm back from another vacation!!! My tomatoes were a big disappointment... they didn't get very big, and they didn't have a great taste. Granted my son and his gf DID water them, but they didn't do very well... maybe the tomato in a bag isn't such a great idea.
Tomatoes don't do well in the extreme heat. If you had bottom rot, add egg shells to the soil when planting .

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)

My 150yr one had 4 tomatoes. Didnā€™t grow normal. Mind you first time I grew them old seeds. We had horrible weather, rain n cold nights. Tomatoes thrives on heat (yes, not 100 degrees) so that was out for the west side of Canada. I have the last 2 sitting on the counter. Hopefully they have some good seeds for next year. Peppers, 5 only, carrots, beets n onions are great n my fennel...I tasted one, was really nice! And my zucchiniā€™s, well like bad weed, keeps growing. Iā€™ve been giving a lot out to my neighbours.

OP
sisters3

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey

Oh man sorry to hear!!!! Mine have done GREAT, granted I give a gallon of water in the morning and a gallon at night. The plants are HUGE, I've had at least 17 BIG boys and my sweet 100's are non stop. I've done 2 rounds of roasted cherry tomato sauce and the BEST EVER tomato jam, which I have never had before.....Thank Goodness for PINTEREST !!!

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Oh man sorry to hear!!!! Mine have done GREAT, granted I give a gallon of water in the morning and a gallon at night. The plants are HUGE, I've had at least 17 BIG boys and my sweet 100's are non stop. I've done 2 rounds of roasted cherry tomato sauce and the BEST EVER tomato jam, which I have never had before.....Thank Goodness for PINTEREST !!!

Wow good job. Sounds yummy!! Big difference when youā€™re eating fresh.
Love Pinterest.

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)

well done!

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Our tomatoes are doing well and some of them have ripened - yesterday we had tomatoes with sea salt, mozarella cheese and olive oil - yum!

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
Our tomatoes are doing well and some of them have ripened - yesterday we had tomatoes with sea salt, mozarella cheese and olive oil - yum!
Should have used some basil as well for a caprese salad.

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Should have used some basil as well for a caprese salad.

Ah, forgot to say that; yes, we did have basil too!

OP
sisters3

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
Wow good job. Sounds yummy!! Big difference when youā€™re eating fresh.
Love Pinterest.

Thanks!! I don't know what I would do without Pinterest LOL !! I do not do any social media except this forum and Pinterest, just how I roll....I like it that way!! Those of us here that enjoy Pinterest (and each other) should swap Pinterest names!!

- - - Updated - - -

well done!

Thanks so much!

OP
sisters3

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
Ah, forgot to say that; yes, we did have basil too!

YUM YUM YUM!!!!!

We leave on vacation Saturday and I am taking a jar of the tomato jam that I made to serve on soft brie cheese and spoon over some softened cream cheese....fingers crossed!!

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
YUM YUM YUM!!!!!

We leave on vacation Saturday and I am taking a jar of the tomato jam that I made to serve on soft brie cheese and spoon over some softened cream cheese....fingers crossed!!

Ah, sounds delicious. Are you coming our way? :D

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.