sisters3

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
If itā€™s a specific tube light for plants a good foot up from trays n as plant grows, you raise the tube. Led lights you can have a good 2 feet or so as itā€™s much brighter.

Awesome! Thanks again for all the help!

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
sƃĀ„dd.JPG [MENTION=14995]sisters3[/MENTION] OK, so now spring is here! This was the first batch. Not so much tomatoes yet but some flower seeds and chili seeds.

OP
sisters3

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
View attachment 115989 [MENTION=14995]sisters3[/MENTION] OK, so now spring is here! This was the first batch. Not so much tomatoes yet but some flower seeds and chili seeds.

Ohhhhh yay! Bet you had a fun day! I see some sunshine too! Canā€™t beat that! What flowers did you do?

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Ohhhhh yay! Bet you had a fun day! I see some sunshine too! Canā€™t beat that! What flowers did you do?

This batch was mainly zinnia, tagetes, and nasturtium. And my brother just came by with some sweet pea and snap dragon seeds so more work ahead! How are your tomatoes doing - have they come up?

OP
sisters3

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
This batch was mainly zinnia, tagetes, and nasturtium. And my brother just came by with some sweet pea and snap dragon seeds so more work ahead! How are your tomatoes doing - have they come up?

Oh how exciting!!! I can't wait to see the progression! I'm not familiar with all of those flowers so going to google and look for pictures :)

The tomato babies are doing great, all came up!!! There's only one set of leaves so far and as I understand it those are NOT the true leaves. I've read that I do not "feed them" until there are 2 sets of true leaves up ???? Any idea ???

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Oh how exciting!!! I can't wait to see the progression! I'm not familiar with all of those flowers so going to google and look for pictures :)

The tomato babies are doing great, all came up!!! There's only one set of leaves so far and as I understand it those are NOT the true leaves. I've read that I do not "feed them" until there are 2 sets of true leaves up ???? Any idea ???

I donā€™t feed them till they have a bit more than 2 sets as if you used soil especially made for seedlings or potting soil, it already has everything the plant needs. I always wait till the plant is a good 5 -6ā€ high. Iā€™ve been using 10-52-10 as Vitamin for decades. Made for starters (seedlings). But I use it even if itā€™s not a starter plant. I swear your plants are bigger than normal. I get people stopping and staring lol. I also use it in the spring on the grass to give the roots a boost. Roots are the life of any plant. No roots no plant. I remember the first time using this on grass and on regular basis, I didnā€™t know, kept cutting the grass every week cause it was so high...dawned on me had to be the vitamin. Lolll. So I used it a couple times throughout the summer on the grass. :D. But guarantee I always have that vitamin in my garage. Great stuff!

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
... There's only one set of leaves so far and as I understand it those are NOT the true leaves. ...

Yes, the first set of leaves will not look like tomato leaves, but once tomatoes have come up there will be 'real' leaves pretty soon. I have sown a few pots of tomatoes and it will be exciting to see if they come up. These seeds come from tomatoes we grew several years ago but i hope they will germinate. Just in case, I have a back-up plan with other family members sowing tomatoes for me:D

OP
sisters3

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
I donā€™t feed them till they have a bit more than 2 sets as if you used soil especially made for seedlings or potting soil, it already has everything the plant needs. I always wait till the plant is a good 5 -6ā€ high. Iā€™ve been using 10-52-10 as Vitamin for decades. Made for starters (seedlings). But I use it even if itā€™s not a starter plant. I swear your plants are bigger than normal. I get people stopping and staring lol. I also use it in the spring on the grass to give the roots a boost. Roots are the life of any plant. No roots no plant. I remember the first time using this on grass and on regular basis, I didnā€™t know, kept cutting the grass every week cause it was so high...dawned on me had to be the vitamin. Lolll. So I used it a couple times throughout the summer on the grass. :D. But guarantee I always have that vitamin in my garage. Great stuff!

Priceless information!! I don't think I will use on my grass....I already mow enough LOL !! Going to look for the vitamin feed now! Hope it's not just a "Canada Thing" Hahaha.......

OP
sisters3

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
Yes, the first set of leaves will not look like tomato leaves, but once tomatoes have come up there will be 'real' leaves pretty soon. I have sown a few pots of tomatoes and it will be exciting to see if they come up. These seeds come from tomatoes we grew several years ago but i hope they will germinate. Just in case, I have a back-up plan with other family members sowing tomatoes for me:D

Thank you so much! Yea, it's weird the leaves I see now all look the same LOL

Wait, you have seeds from actual tomatoes that you grew? How do you do that? Just in case mine are successful this summer....

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Thank you so much! Yea, it's weird the leaves I see now all look the same LOL

Wait, you have seeds from actual tomatoes that you grew? How do you do that? Just in case mine are successful this summer....

Yes! I just scrape out the seeds from a tomato and let them dry on a pice of kitchen tissue paper. There are more fancy methods (fermenting the seeds, for instance) but I go with the simplest method. I also collect seeds from flowers like poppies, tagetes, and calendulas, and I store them in coffee filters.

OP
sisters3

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
Yes! I just scrape out the seeds from a tomato and let them dry on a pice of kitchen tissue paper. There are more fancy methods (fermenting the seeds, for instance) but I go with the simplest method. I also collect seeds from flowers like poppies, tagetes, and calendulas, and I store them in coffee filters.

TOO COOL !!!! OMG I am so doing that IF mine are good this year (insert praying hands here) LOL

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
@sisters3
Quick progress here - the old tomato seeds came up after just a few days and most flower seeds have been pretty quick too.

blommor 5dagar.JPG

Attachments

• tomater 5dagar.JPG
    tomater 5dagar.JPG
    488.1 KB · Views: 44

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Here too progress...
my zucchini are too high...should of kept them more in the dark not to grow too fast..
I cut the bottom of my little coconut hair pot into the bigger green pot. Like that the roots can keep growing while the stem thickens in its little pot inside the bigger one.

6C3914E2-9F3B-4AD5-AA12-5F523E809473.jpeg683750FC-BF2A-400E-B5F5-B80695E68FD0.jpeg00A9F6CA-2E91-4B4F-BE2E-8D83EA4B26D8.jpeg

OP
sisters3

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online