Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
View attachment 115933

Well, here are the BABIES.....fingers crossed!!! I had so much fun yesterday!!! I set up my work area, turned on some awesome music, had Joey sleeping at my feet and a cold beer in hand. I really enjoyed getting these started!!

Awesome! I want to get to planting too but it's still too cold out here and there is still the possibility of freezing temps and I just use starters so straight outside they go!

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
View attachment 115933

Well, here are the BABIES.....fingers crossed!!! I had so much fun yesterday!!! I set up my work area, turned on some awesome music, had Joey sleeping at my feet and a cold beer in hand. I really enjoyed getting these started!!

Gee! Sounds like gardening CAN be fun!! I'll drink to that!!:beer::bully:

OP
sisters3

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
Awesome! I want to get to planting too but it's still too cold out here and there is still the possibility of freezing temps and I just use starters so straight outside they go!

Well I sure hope for warmer temps for you soon!! You know, some of the herb seeds that I got recommend direct sowing outside, one of them is Dill. So I guess I have to wait too....

- - - Updated - - -

Gee! Sounds like gardening CAN be fun!! I'll drink to that!!:beer::bully:

HAHAHAHAHA absolutely !!!

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
View attachment 115933

Looks most impressive! Time to start here too soon!

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
View attachment 115933

Interesting containers with ventilation. Where did you buy them?

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Amazon, they have a few sizes. Totally reusable too. I’m just not quite clear on when to use the vents......still learning LOL

Ventilation/air is to avoid fungus. Why once seedlings pops up you remove the lid. Rule of thumb a seedling room needs to be 50% n up in humility, if it’s under 50% that’s when you close the ventilations. For the ones using lids without ventilation like yours, you simply lift the lid a bit to keep humility n air flowing.

OP
sisters3

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
Ventilation/air is to avoid fungus. Why once seedlings pops up you remove the lid. Rule of thumb a seedling room needs to be 50% n up in humility, if it’s under 50% that’s when you close the ventilations. For the ones using lids without ventilation like yours, you simply lift the lid a bit to keep humility n air flowing.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.........thank you!!!!!

OP
sisters3

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
All fellow growers.....HELP....confused about my grow lights. Almost all of the have started (3) trays just a little behind, but also starting!)

These grow lights can be red, blue, or combination. I set them on a 12 hour timer, combination. QUESTION how far from the seedlings should they be? These are 20 watt LED lights. THANKS IN ADVANCE!!

IMG_8902.jpg

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
All fellow growers.....HELP....confused about my grow lights. Almost all of the have started (3) trays just a little behind, but also starting!)

These grow lights can be red, blue, or combination. I set them on a 12 hour timer, combination. QUESTION how far from the seedlings should they be? These are 20 watt LED lights. THANKS IN ADVANCE!!

View attachment 115954

Wow - you and Joey are busy! I remember my dad had lamps in the basement when I was a kid, but nowadays he just uses daylight. I have no lamps at all, only daylight. Hopefully we'll do some sowing over the weekend!

OP
sisters3

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
Wow - you and Joey are busy! I remember my dad had lamps in the basement when I was a kid, but nowadays he just uses daylight. I have no lamps at all, only daylight. Hopefully we'll do some sowing over the weekend!

Don't forget photos please :)

With all that I have studied to do this for the first time, I am totally confused on the use of the grow lights. I just do not have a big enough, south facing area for enough sun, not that we have much right now LOL

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names

View attachment 115954

Usually You put the light only once they pop up n not before.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Oh sorry should have said, they’re all up. Do you know how far the lights should be from the seedlings?

Thanks!

If it’s a specific tube light for plants a good foot up from trays n as plant grows, you raise the tube. Led lights you can have a good 2 feet or so as it’s much brighter.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.