Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
Results 37 to 48 of 314

Thread: Need Gardening HELP Please

  1. #37
    BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member sisters3's Avatar
    Real Name
    Sue
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    3,319
    Bulldog(s) Names
    My Girl Joey
    Likes (Received)
    3981

    Default Re: Need Gardening HELP Please

    Quote Originally Posted by cefe13 View Post
    I'm not familar with grow bags but googled and they look really interesting and good! I used standard plastic or clay pots, 30-40 cm high and 25-35 cm wide and I've grown in plastic buckets too (not elegant but does the job as long as you drill holes to let out excess water!). For soil, I buy standard garden soil and just add a little cow manure fertilizer - all standard stuff from the local garden centre. I am definitely no expert, but I don't think you need lots of special fertilizers as long as the potting soil is suitable.
    Thanks!! That's what I initially thought too, why add all that if I am already using a good soil. I came across those bags on the show that Helene @helsonwheels posted about and so I started researching and they sure make sense and they are a ton cheaper and will store easier for next year (God willing) This is going to be TOTALLY FUN!! I will take some photos of the "babies" when I am finished this weekend.
    May the sun in your eyes be your ONLY problem today! Peace Friends!

  2. Likes cefe13, Cbrugs, helsonwheels liked this post
  3. #38
    The Ultimate Sourmug helsonwheels's Avatar
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Location
    Alberta
    Posts
    9,688
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
    Likes (Received)
    11789

    Default Re: Need Gardening HELP Please

    Quote Originally Posted by sisters3 View Post
    Thanks!! That's what I initially thought too, why add all that if I am already using a good soil. I came across those bags on the show that Helene @helsonwheels posted about and so I started researching and they sure make sense and they are a ton cheaper and will store easier for next year (God willing) This is going to be TOTALLY FUN!! I will take some photos of the "babies" when I am finished this weekend.
    Never use bone meal or epsom salt before the seedling plant is standing strong on its own. A good potting seedling soil is all you need to start them off. Unless you’re buying the plant already ready to plant outside. I personally always buy non GMO organic seeds. I refuse to have anything to do with Monsanto and them spreading their pesticide “seeds” n eating that veggie or fruit. Yes that’s me... .

    In gardening, you will make and learn from you errors. And it’s ok as you won’t repeat it. Lol... Basically growing a garden goes with the region you live in. Tomatoes n basil thrives on heat. Ask a nursery’s owner not a temp employee as they know what grows well in your area. Don’t need to buy but get a head start and go ask questions. Just a thought.

  4. Likes sisters3 liked this post
  5. #39
    BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member sisters3's Avatar
    Real Name
    Sue
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    3,319
    Bulldog(s) Names
    My Girl Joey
    Likes (Received)
    3981

    Default Re: Need Gardening HELP Please

    Quote Originally Posted by helsonwheels View Post
    Never use bone meal or epsom salt before the seedling plant is standing strong on its own. A good potting seedling soil is all you need to start them off. Unless you’re buying the plant already ready to plant outside. I personally always buy non GMO organic seeds. I refuse to have anything to do with Monsanto and them spreading their pesticide “seeds” n eating that veggie or fruit. Yes that’s me... .

    In gardening, you will make and learn from you errors. And it’s ok as you won’t repeat it. Lol... Basically growing a garden goes with the region you live in. Tomatoes n basil thrives on heat. Ask a nursery’s owner not a temp employee as they know what grows well in your area. Don’t need to buy but get a head start and go ask questions. Just a thought.
    Great info Helene! I just finished reading an article on Monsanto, interesting!
    May the sun in your eyes be your ONLY problem today! Peace Friends!

  6. Likes helsonwheels liked this post
  7. #40
    The Ultimate Sourmug helsonwheels's Avatar
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Location
    Alberta
    Posts
    9,688
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
    Likes (Received)
    11789

    Default Re: Need Gardening HELP Please

    Another idea if you want to grow without making a mess like potatoes are potato sacs. Once grown you flip the pouch and take your potatoes. Great on balconies. Last year I put a tomato plant works great too.

    Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

  8. Likes sisters3, cefe13 liked this post
  9. #41
    BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member sisters3's Avatar
    Real Name
    Sue
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    3,319
    Bulldog(s) Names
    My Girl Joey
    Likes (Received)
    3981

    Default Re: Need Gardening HELP Please

    Quote Originally Posted by helsonwheels View Post
    Another idea if you want to grow without making a mess like potatoes are potato sacs. Once grown you flip the pouch and take your potatoes. Great on balconies. Last year I put a tomato plant works great too.

    Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
    Ohhhhhh, very cool!!! AND apparently DUKE APPROVES.....love that face!!
    May the sun in your eyes be your ONLY problem today! Peace Friends!

  10. Likes helsonwheels liked this post
  11. #42
    Dog Show Judge cefe13's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Posts
    2,796
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Castor
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    2653

    Default Re: Need Gardening HELP Please

    Quote Originally Posted by helsonwheels View Post
    Another idea if you want to grow without making a mess like potatoes are potato sacs. Once grown you flip the pouch and take your potatoes. Great on balconies. Last year I put a tomato plant works great too.

    Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
    Nice sac and what a cute little gardener!


    Castor is on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/castorthebulldog/

  12. Likes helsonwheels liked this post
  13. #43
    The Ultimate Sourmug helsonwheels's Avatar
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Location
    Alberta
    Posts
    9,688
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
    Likes (Received)
    11789

    Default Re: Need Gardening HELP Please

    Duke has a light, laser, flashlight etc issue. If he sees a fast light guaranteed he’ll be there searching. Also he loves to pee on them bags. He’s fertilizing them.

  14. Likes cefe13 liked this post
  15. #44
    The Ultimate Sourmug helsonwheels's Avatar
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Location
    Alberta
    Posts
    9,688
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
    Likes (Received)
    11789

    Default Re: Need Gardening HELP Please

    Btw grow a greener world plays every Saturday morning on pbs

    Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

  16. Likes sisters3 liked this post
  17. #45
    BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member sisters3's Avatar
    Real Name
    Sue
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    3,319
    Bulldog(s) Names
    My Girl Joey
    Likes (Received)
    3981

    Default Re: Need Gardening HELP Please

    -img_8887-jpg

    Well, here are the BABIES.....fingers crossed!!! I had so much fun yesterday!!! I set up my work area, turned on some awesome music, had Joey sleeping at my feet and a cold beer in hand. I really enjoyed getting these started!!
    May the sun in your eyes be your ONLY problem today! Peace Friends!

  18. Likes Cbrugs, helsonwheels, oscarmayer liked this post
  19. #46
    Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Cbrugs's Avatar
    Real Name
    Citty
    Country
    United States
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    4,193
    Bulldog(s) Names
    King Louie and Jax (French Bulldog)
    Likes (Received)
    5433

    Default Re: Need Gardening HELP Please

    Quote Originally Posted by sisters3 View Post
    -img_8887-jpg

    Well, here are the BABIES.....fingers crossed!!! I had so much fun yesterday!!! I set up my work area, turned on some awesome music, had Joey sleeping at my feet and a cold beer in hand. I really enjoyed getting these started!!
    Awesome! I want to get to planting too but it's still too cold out here and there is still the possibility of freezing temps and I just use starters so straight outside they go!

  20. Likes sisters3 liked this post
  21. #47
    Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Manydogs's Avatar
    Real Name
    Lynn
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    12,391
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maudee,Martha,Lizzie,Bro.Katie
    Likes (Received)
    9378

    Default Re: Need Gardening HELP Please

    Quote Originally Posted by sisters3 View Post
    -img_8887-jpg

    Well, here are the BABIES.....fingers crossed!!! I had so much fun yesterday!!! I set up my work area, turned on some awesome music, had Joey sleeping at my feet and a cold beer in hand. I really enjoyed getting these started!!

    Gee! Sounds like gardening CAN be fun!! I'll drink to that!!
    "
    “It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough,all the components of my heart will be dog,and I will become as generous and loving as they are"

  22. #48
    BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member sisters3's Avatar
    Real Name
    Sue
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    3,319
    Bulldog(s) Names
    My Girl Joey
    Likes (Received)
    3981

    Default Re: Need Gardening HELP Please

    Quote Originally Posted by Cbrugs View Post
    Awesome! I want to get to planting too but it's still too cold out here and there is still the possibility of freezing temps and I just use starters so straight outside they go!
    Well I sure hope for warmer temps for you soon!! You know, some of the herb seeds that I got recommend direct sowing outside, one of them is Dill. So I guess I have to wait too....

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Manydogs View Post
    Gee! Sounds like gardening CAN be fun!! I'll drink to that!!
    HAHAHAHAHA absolutely !!!
    May the sun in your eyes be your ONLY problem today! Peace Friends!

  23. Likes Manydogs, Cbrugs, oscarmayer liked this post
Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •