Sue
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    My Girl Joey
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Need Gardening HELP Please

Quote Originally Posted by rjisaterp View Post
    I do have 32% lead crystal decanters and bourbon glasses that we purchased at a shop in then East Berlin. Traveled to the east via Checkpoint Charlie. Yes the Wall was still up.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk
    UMMM WOW AND YIKES!!
    May the sun in your eyes be your ONLY problem today! Peace Friends!

2. Likes rjisaterp liked this post
    Country
    Sweden
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Castor
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by sisters3 View Post
    How awesome for you!! What took you on your travels? Holiday or moving with family?

We moved all over, my brother (the oldest) born in NJ then straight off to the UK (Our Dad was a career soldier), then older sister born in Madrid, then the last 2 (including me) born in Mississippi, traveling and MOVING are both in my DNA Myself and my "Irish Twin" sister never were stationed overseas with our folks, only the older ones.....
    A bit of both - travelled with family (and stayed for half a year in the US as a child) but then inter-railed a lot in my late teens and early 20s (inter-rail = in those days a train ticket you could use for one month all over Western Europe).

Sounds like you have an interesting international family background!

Castor is on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/castorthebulldog/

4. Likes sisters3 liked this post
    BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member sisters3's Avatar
    Real Name
    Sue
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    My Girl Joey
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by cefe13 View Post
    A bit of both - travelled with family (and stayed for half a year in the US as a child) but then inter-railed a lot in my late teens and early 20s (inter-rail = in those days a train ticket you could use for one month all over Western Europe).

Sounds like you have an interesting international family background!
    Wow that really sounds like a BLAST !!!! The older siblings got to travel more but we had our share too LOL !! I've been in the same house going on 11 years and getting ready to move again...like I said, it's in my DNA hahahaha As long as Joey does not have an issue with it LOL !! This house feels too big....I am searching for the perfect cottage sized place with a bit more ground, nothing huge, I'm trying to downsize to a simpler life, too much STUFF and too much house. Hopefully will free up some time for TRAVEL

Are the "inter-rail" tickets still in existence ?

6. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    Country
    Sweden
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Castor
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Wow that really sounds like a BLAST !!!! The older siblings got to travel more but we had our share too LOL !! I've been in the same house going on 11 years and getting ready to move again...like I said, it's in my DNA hahahaha As long as Joey does not have an issue with it LOL !! This house feels too big....I am searching for the perfect cottage sized place with a bit more ground, nothing huge, I'm trying to downsize to a simpler life, too much STUFF and too much house. Hopefully will free up some time for TRAVEL

Are the "inter-rail" tickets still in existence ?
    Yep, they have become popular again, but now they seem to be geared towards shorter trips. In the 80s, people travelled for a month, and in those days it felt like everything was so inexpensive in southern Europe.

Moving to a new house can be fun - and difficult! We moved a couple of years ago and it was horrible and also the best thing!

Real Name
    Sue
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    My Girl Joey
    Likes (Received)

Yep, they have become popular again, but now they seem to be geared towards shorter trips. In the 80s, people travelled for a month, and in those days it felt like everything was so inexpensive in southern Europe.

Moving to a new house can be fun - and difficult! We moved a couple of years ago and it was horrible and also the best thing!
    I think I will put "train trip" on my bucket list!!! Oh Ugggggg I sure hope this one is not horrible! Why horrible? A far move?

9. Likes cefe13 liked this post
    EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)

Aww... we LOVED Germany!!! Lived in Darmstadt for several years, and I even worked for the Stars and Stripes. We traveled ALL over Europe... Germany, France, England, Austria, Switzerland, Lichtenstein and the Netherlands. I have a bucket list a MILE long of all the places I want to visit... my hubby is in Romania right now, and I'm hoping to go with him on one of his trips.

I absolutely LOVE to travel, and I want to see the world!!! It's just hard when you have kids and doggies at home... Ugh, I'm ready to be an empty nester!!! Lol

I just went on an Alaskan cruise... started in Anchorage and went all the way to Vancouver. Got to see Glacier Bay Alaska, which has been on my bucket list forever.

"What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

11. Likes cefe13, sisters3, 2BullyMama liked this post
    Have Bulldog Will Travel Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Chip
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Zoey, Lala, & MINI
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

We go through Fenwick every year on the way to Rehoboth Beach. Fenwick is very nice...very quiet, peaceful. All of the towns above Ocean City along that stretch of the Atlantic coast are nice...Bethany, Dewey, Rehoboth, Henlopen State Park, Lewis. Cape May is Okay...but I was a little disappointed considering how much we spent to cross over on the ferry.
    Rehoboth is by far the best of the lot.
    Good restaurants and lots of fun shopping. It’s a VERY dog friendly town. They know us and On the Rebound very well. That’s where we do our biggest fund raiser every year at the Sea Witch Festival. Too bad you won’t be there for the festival...it’s great!!!

Who says Bulldogs can't fly?

13. Likes cefe13, sisters3, 2BullyMama liked this post
    Country
    Sweden
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Castor
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

I think I will put "train trip" on my bucket list!!! Oh Ugggggg I sure hope this one is not horrible! Why horrible? A far move?
    I now see that the word "horrible" was a slight exaggeration! What I meant was all the work and the realisation that you have so much stuff that just has been sitting there for (twenty) years. But everything went fine. And no, not far - just a couple of blocks, actually!

Real Name
    Sue
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    My Girl Joey
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by ddnene View Post
    Aww... we LOVED Germany!!! Lived in Darmstadt for several years, and I even worked for the Stars and Stripes. We traveled ALL over Europe... Germany, France, England, Austria, Switzerland, Lichtenstein and the Netherlands. I have a bucket list a MILE long of all the places I want to visit... my hubby is in Romania right now, and I'm hoping to go with him on one of his trips.

I absolutely LOVE to travel, and I want to see the world!!! It's just hard when you have kids and doggies at home... Ugh, I'm ready to be an empty nester!!! Lol

I just went on an Alaskan cruise... started in Anchorage and went all the way to Vancouver. Got to see Glacier Bay Alaska, which has been on my bucket list forever.
    Wow Tracey!!! Now YOU are well traveled!! I remember READING the Stars and Stripes!! That is so cool! So were you military?

16. Likes cefe13 liked this post
    Real Name
    Sue
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    My Girl Joey
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by oscarmayer View Post
    We go through Fenwick every year on the way to Rehoboth Beach. Fenwick is very nice...very quiet, peaceful. All of the towns above Ocean City along that stretch of the Atlantic coast are nice...Bethany, Dewey, Rehoboth, Henlopen State Park, Lewis. Cape May is Okay...but I was a little disappointed considering how much we spent to cross over on the ferry.
    Rehoboth is by far the best of the lot.
    Good restaurants and lots of fun shopping. It’s a VERY dog friendly town. They know us and On the Rebound very well. That’s where we do our biggest fund raiser every year at the Sea Witch Festival. Too bad you won’t be there for the festival...it’s great!!!
    Ohhhh wow!!! Thanks for the info! When is the festival??

18. Likes cefe13 liked this post
    Real Name
    Sue
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    My Girl Joey
    Likes (Received)

I now see that the word "horrible" was a slight exaggeration! What I meant was all the work and the realisation that you have so much stuff that just has been sitting there for (twenty) years. But everything went fine. And no, not far - just a couple of blocks, actually!
    WHEW!!!! I started thinking that I missed something when I decided to move on LOL....I want to stay in the area too, sisters are here. I am actually appalled at the THINGS that I have acquired over the past 11 years, buy...buy...buy...and put away where it has not been seen IN YEARS. Well I am turning over a new leaf as my dear Mom would say.....NO MORE USELESS STUFF

20. Likes 2BullyMama, cefe13 liked this post
    Country
    Sweden
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Castor
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

WHEW!!!! I started thinking that I missed something when I decided to move on LOL....I want to stay in the area too, sisters are here. I am actually appalled at the THINGS that I have acquired over the past 11 years, buy...buy...buy...and put away where it has not been seen IN YEARS. Well I am turning over a new leaf as my dear Mom would say.....NO MORE USELESS STUFF
    We got some unplanned help in deciding what to keep as we discovered that our storage area in the basement of our complex had suffered from some flooding... so a lot of books, old textiles, etc. were mouldy and had to be discarded. That's what happens when there is so much in the storage that you cannot see past the things you can actually reach, he he.

Best of luck when you move!

Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718192021222324252627 LastLast

Remove Ads