Country
    Sweden
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Castor
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Need Gardening HELP Please

Quote Originally Posted by sisters3 View Post
    Uggg BUMMER!! I had to look it up, it's beautiful!!! Have you had them before or is this the first time? Maybe you're on to something with the squirrel thing!!!

BTW I have repotted the "babies" twice already!! Doing really good but I need to begin hardening them soon.....right? Outside for an hour or so each day???
    Yes, they are beautiful, when not dug up by the assistant gardener... I haven't had that type before here, but they are very common and Castor has never even looked at them before. I suspect we need to trust Castor who claims it's the squirrel's fault

Great to hear about your tomatoes! How big are they now? And yes, taking them out for a few hours per day before they have adjusted before planting them outdoors. Not sure about sun or shade for the hardening. Many plants do much better in the shade (less of a shock, I suppose) so probably that's better. I have mine in my little green house but recently it's been so cold here that they haven't grown much.

-tomater-9maj-jpg

Castor is on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/castorthebulldog/

2. Likes helsonwheels liked this post
    Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member sisters3's Avatar
    Real Name
    Sue
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    My Girl Joey
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by cefe13 View Post
    Yes, they are beautiful, when not dug up by the assistant gardener... I haven't had that type before here, but they are very common and Castor has never even looked at them before. I suspect we need to trust Castor who claims it's the squirrel's fault

Great to hear about your tomatoes! How big are they now? And yes, taking them out for a few hours per day before they have adjusted before planting them outdoors. Not sure about sun or shade for the hardening. Many plants do much better in the shade (less of a shock, I suppose) so probably that's better. I have mine in my little green house but recently it's been so cold here that they haven't grown much.

-tomater-9maj-jpg
    Yes.....trust assistant gardener Caster!! LOL

They range from 4" to 6" - 7" and looking really strong
    May the sun in your eyes be your ONLY problem today! Peace Friends!

4. Likes helsonwheels, cefe13 liked this post
    The Ultimate Sourmug helsonwheels's Avatar
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala n Duke
    Likes (Received)

@cefe13 usually dogs don’t dig only on a specific planet. IMO I’m sure has to do with the squirrel smell. I would be curious if you buy a new one n plant it without the squirrel smell, see what Castor does.
    @sisters3 great looking plants. Yes put them outside to thicken plants. You can start in the shade for an hour n move slowly to the sun as your temperatures are very hot compared to @cefe13 and I.

I have flowers growing on my zucchini’s. A bit too fast as the plant isn’t that big to support a zucchini. Geez Duke’s going to be happy. No need to go pick zucchini’s outside as they’re inside lol...

Tomatoes are tall along with the peppers.

-80b15dbe-f43b-4d83-a8ac-66b9ea33de76-jpeg-327d13d4-8a7b-4e2f-9fa5-8c14bda2b910-jpeg-35857655-b51d-43b5-91b0-3cc56ecd74b8-jpeg

6. Likes cefe13, sisters3 liked this post
    Country
    Sweden
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Castor
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by helsonwheels View Post
    @cefe13 usually dogs don’t dig only on a specific planet. IMO I’m sure has to do with the squirrel smell. I would be curious if you buy a new one n plant it without the squirrel smell, see what Castor does.
    @sisters3 great looking plants. Yes put them outside to thicken plants. You can start in the shade for an hour n move slowly to the sun as your temperatures are very hot compared to @cefe13 and I.

I have flowers growing on my zucchini’s. A bit too fast as the plant isn’t that big to support a zucchini. Geez Duke’s going to be happy. No need to go pick zucchini’s outside as they’re inside lol...

-80b15dbe-f43b-4d83-a8ac-66b9ea33de76-jpeg-327d13d4-8a7b-4e2f-9fa5-8c14bda2b910-jpeg-35857655-b51d-43b5-91b0-3cc56ecd74b8-jpeg
    Great pics! Are the peppers bell peppers or chili pepper? Do you grow them outdoors in an ordinary flower bed or do you keep them in the pots? Last year I tried chili outdoors in a raised flower bed and it didn't do very well so I'm thinking of keeping it in my greenhouse this year. Any thoughts?

Re the squirrel, the problem is that he is here every day but I might try with a new plant. Glad to hear you and @sisters3 agree with Castor

Castor is on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/castorthebulldog/

8. Likes helsonwheels liked this post
    Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member sisters3's Avatar
    Real Name
    Sue
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    My Girl Joey
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by helsonwheels View Post

Awesome plants!!!!!! We're averaging 65 to 70 daily now so I will begin taking the kids outside this afternoon. THANKS to you both!!!
    May the sun in your eyes be your ONLY problem today! Peace Friends!

10. Likes helsonwheels, cefe13 liked this post
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112

Remove Ads