sisters3

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
I cannot access the link - just says 'Sorry, this content is not available in your region.' Curious - is this related to the Kosovo Force?

Hi to you and handsome Castor!! No, it is for an American WWII Veteran, sorry you cannot access the link, but here is the text:

MARLOW, Okla. – All this World War II veteran from Marlow could want for his 93rd birthday on April 17th is mail, and his family is already trying to get cards sent to him to surprise him.

His daughter Liz Anderson said her dad Recil Troxel loves getting any kind of mail.

“He sits here in this chair looking out the window every day,” Anderson told KSWO. “When the mail is here, he’s like ‘the mail is here, we better go get the mail.’”

Troxel’s birthday is in April, but his family decided they’d try to start his birthday celebration early so he can get enjoyment from one of his favorite things.

The WWII veteran is currently undergoing cancer treatment, and his family just wants to make him happy which is why they’re trying to get birthday cards sent to him.

“It makes me happy that he has something because anything that’s an enjoyment to him, is an enjoyment to me,” she said.

If you’d like to send him a card, you can mail it to 2684 North Highway 81 Marlow, Oklahoma 73055.

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Hi to you and handsome Castor!! No, it is for an American WWII Veteran, sorry you cannot access the link, but here is the text:

MARLOW, Okla. – All this World War II veteran from Marlow could want for his 93rd birthday on April 17th is mail, and his family is already trying to get cards sent to him to surprise him.

His daughter Liz Anderson said her dad Recil Troxel loves getting any kind of mail.

“He sits here in this chair looking out the window every day,” Anderson told KSWO. “When the mail is here, he’s like ‘the mail is here, we better go get the mail.’”

Troxel’s birthday is in April, but his family decided they’d try to start his birthday celebration early so he can get enjoyment from one of his favorite things.

The WWII veteran is currently undergoing cancer treatment, and his family just wants to make him happy which is why they’re trying to get birthday cards sent to him.

“It makes me happy that he has something because anything that’s an enjoyment to him, is an enjoyment to me,” she said.

If you’d like to send him a card, you can mail it to 2684 North Highway 81 Marlow, Oklahoma 73055.

Thanks! :)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Love this... I mailed a valentine card form his bulldog secret admirer .... hee hee hee

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Love this... I mailed a valentine card form his bulldog secret admirer .... hee hee hee

He will have a mystery to ponder!! But it will really be a mystery, when he gets a card from Sweden!!!!

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
He will have a mystery to ponder!! But it will really be a mystery, when he gets a card from Sweden!!!!

Oh, it was [MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] who sent the Valentine card! I admit I haven't sent anything ... we don't celebrate Valentine's Day here... but I hope he gets lots of cards! :yes:

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Oh, it was @2BullyMama who sent the Valentine card! I admit I haven't sent anything ... we don't celebrate Valentine's Day here... but I hope he gets lots of cards! :yes:
[MENTION=9875]cefe13[/MENTION] Yes, I know-but since you asked for the man's address, I thought you also had sent (or were going to send) a card-that is why I said that!!

OP
sisters3

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey

I’m putting a few scratch off tickets in mine, hope he wins millions!

OP
sisters3

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
I'm in! This is a wonderful idea and I can't wait to send him a card from our crew!

A Big VETERAN hug to you and your crew!!!! I cannot wait to see the follow up story, I hope he gets TRUCK LOADS !!

Members online

No members online now.