Ever just hate the breath your significant other takes?

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Oh yea having one of those nights!!! My son, (not the drug addict) is starting college full time and I have been helping him with his FASA, he still needed a certain amount to start.
Joe who has NEVER questioned my tips or what I make a day ask me to PROVE that I had money.....I am hating his guts right now! I did NOT give my son a dime, and if I did... I work hard and my money is "supposedly mine" I am so furious for him even questioning me after I told him I have not!
I have NEVER given him a reason to NOT believe me, but he is being such an A** over this!!! I just needed to vent!!! I have a feeling this is going to be a loooong week-end as I told him after I showed him my money to not speak or acknowledge me for the rest of the weekend, and yes I lowered myself and did show him my stash!

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
count to a couple hundred, count your blessings, curse a bit, Breathe, take Vegas for a walk, start over. This too shall pass hopefully.

cadillactaste

Feb 28, 2011
OHIO
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank and Sarge
((((HUGS)))) I take it the son is from a previous marriage for your current husband to have an issue with your giving your son money...I mean...WHO CARES IF YOU GAVE HIM MONEY!?! He is your SON!

I say...Hide that stash of yours in a safety deposit box from here on out...Still fuming on your behalf...Besides myself actually...the gull! I would make sure to fix all the meals he is not fond of...or simply make one serving dishes...for YOU! And leave him fend for himself...Oh yeah I've done that a time or two. Hang in there...hopefully since he seen your stash...he'll realize what a jerk he was actin' like. And stumble over himself to show you he was an idiot and is sorry.

OP
KMARINO

KMARINO

Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
[MENTION=1922]cadillactaste[/MENTION]..Oh yea he is trying to be super nice to me as I am ignoring him and on this site, this has never happened in the year and a half we have been married, and yes it is my son from my X, I did enable my drug addict son for a while he is 26 but I stopped and he knows this, this is my youngest son 23 that is doing good. I am more hurt than pi**sed. I told him instead of spending my cash like on groceries, eating out, etc.... which I do.... that I will now use OUR joint account so that he can monitor where all the money is going, he is in for a big shock! I make very good money and use my cash for many things. I am soooo fuming right now!! He will see this week what a difference my cash makes and taking it out of our account make. :angry: Thanks for the hug, I just needed to VENT!!!!

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
[MENTION=1922]cadillactaste[/MENTION]..Oh yea he is trying to be super nice to me as I am ignoring him and on this site, this has never happened in the year and a half we have been married, and yes it is my son from my X, I did enable my drug addict son for a while he is 26 but I stopped and he knows this, this is my youngest son 23 that is doing good. I am more hurt than pi**sed. I told him instead of spending my cash like on groceries, eating out, etc.... which I do.... that I will now use OUR joint account so that he can monitor where all the money is going, he is in for a big shock! I make very good money and use my cash for many things. I am soooo fuming right now!! He will see this week what a difference my cash makes and taking it out of our account make. :angry: Thanks for the hug, I just needed to VENT!!!!

You are right..you never punish one of your children for the mistakes of another. Money..money..sounds like a power thing maybe..and we all know who has the real power..right? Don't get mad..get even. I am sure he feels like an a.. Right now..and I say that's good..let him smell himself for awhile! He won't like it!

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
[MENTION=900]KMARINO[/MENTION], I have been there. It is hard to have children from another. Terri gets on me every time I give my boys money. Too bad, mine is mine, she also has no wants or needs thanks to me, so too bad. Be proud of your son! I tell Terri all the time, my boys are my life and will be. Doesn't it also pi$$ you off that the government will still require YOUR Income for a child his age in order to apply for funds? Other than a few dollars here and there, my son is on his own, yet he has to use my income to apply.

Last edited:

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Vent away! Although I don't have kids, I can see where you're coming from.

OP
KMARINO

KMARINO

Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
[MENTION=770]Bella'sMom[/MENTION], it is tough having kids even though mine are adults from another marriage, Joe thinks just because mine are 23 and 26 that they don't need me any more OR should even ask me for anything. Dustin is 23 lived on his own for two years and is just starting school. and yes it does suck that they still require my income for his FASA, that is the part Joe don't understand so therefore thinks I will be providing all his money to go to school. Joe has never been funny about money and what I make is mine he has never questioned my cash until now. I am guilty of slipping a little bit here and there but never large amounts, and if it has been large amounts I have ALWAYS told Joe and Dustin has ALWAYS paid me back. It just hurt my feelings to be accused then when I proved to him I did have all my cash from the week he still was questioning me. It has put a big wedge between us that is going to make for a long weekend off together.

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
If you need to get away, we are only 3 hours north and a party is in the works for tomorrow, Bring Vegas!:lol: It would be awesome to have a bartender at the party. Hope your weekend gets better soon. I feel for you!

OP
KMARINO

KMARINO

Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
[MENTION=770]Bella'sMom[/MENTION], awww thanks for the invite! I am going to get away, I have to get some summer shorts and tops, somehow I managed to put on weight :ohmy::whistle: and my shorts are getting to tight, I am going to blame it on the hormone replacement pills that I am on now due to menopause, and not the big bag of crunchy cheeto's I have in the pantry!! I am going on a major shopping trip this weekend, that I have planned all week, and guess what...I AM NOT going to use my cash, I told you he will be shocked this week when I use our joint account instead of my cash for everything I do including the groceries. I would love for some weekend to get Vegas and take a road trip for a day visit with you though!!!

bulldog family

Aug 14, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Norman, LeRoy and China
Being on the other end of things... my husband has a daughter from a previous relationship. And I remember getting upset that he was spending so much money on her. He was paying on 1 child more money on child support than our house payment in 1 month, paying for her insurance, then buying her clothes, etc. (She did not live with us), and we had 2 kids together. Never has he spent that much money on our 2 kids in a month than he did on her. Why? Because we couldn't afford it. The kicker... he had never met her before. Her mom took her away and wouldn't let hhim see her.

Now that was the past. She's 19 now and in our life... she is the sweetest thing ever. Things always work out in the end! I guess the puzzle fits together.

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
Have a great shopping trip this weekend @KMARINO, that credit card should be SMOKING!!!
Does Joe have any kids? Is he jealous of your relationship with your kids? (I don't want answers, just something to think about)
I agree with @cadillactaste stash those tips. You've got to nip that "funny about money" in the bud because it will get worse as he ages. You are a mother, just because your kids are 23 and 26 doesn't mean you can't help them. Someday you'll be a grandmother, I LOVE doing things for my grandkids. Yep, just keep that stash growing!!!

I hate to sound harsh or whatever but experience has taught me that first it is money then it becomes time spent with your kids, grandkids plus money. You gotta come to terms with this!

Last edited:

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
I am sorry you are going thru this, hoping that it is going better now! Gosh I hope to never have to deal with things like this but do understand how you feel. I mean you give birth to this baby and raise him, how could you just stop helping nurture all of a sudden?!?! This too shall pass and hopefully Joe has learned his lesson. I have never agreed with hiding money from a spouse, to me that seems like it is like lying BUT then again this is your second marriage right? You know more than I do. lol Hoping you have a better week and feel better about everything now. :hug:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Hope you both have kissed and made up by now :)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.