Our big screen died...

cadillactaste

Feb 28, 2011
OHIO
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank and Sarge
Sadly...our big screen died. I hate this due to they no longer make the boxy tv that had a bit of a top to it. That held my village at Christmas time. :*( But...seriously...I just HATE change. That said...I do NOT want a TV mounted on the wall in my front room...but do not want it perched on a stand where three dogs wrestling may take it out.

Found this...and am THRILLED with the look. :D
e50641270594546938.jpg

You can order it so it's lightly sanded or the "Old World" look as shown in the photo. I prefer the lightly sanded. And it doesn't look like TV set itself is over powering the stand...Which concerns me when a 50 inch is perched on those stands.

Glad my husband said..."Find what ever you want." :D It is custom made for paint choices...which I chose a buttermilk and not the old world white finish this one is painted...but kept the black accents. So we'll have to find temporary housing for our new TV until the stand/hutch arrives.

Just have no clue...where I'll put my village...unless I can place it on the top of the cabinet...depends on all our "stuff" and how it fits into the cabinet. But...I do like this style. Reminds me of a hutch my grandma had in her kitchen when I was small...

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Looks nice!!! The benefit of newer tvs is they don't get so hot and use less electricity. We have a plasma that we got when they first came out- hate even turning it on cuz it heats up my whole living room. So now we mainly watch tv in the family room, it's bigger, better picture, and less cost to run. Still don't know what do with the other one!

OP
cadillactaste

cadillactaste

Feb 28, 2011
OHIO
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank and Sarge
Thanks Lisa...we actually have one on the wall downstairs...I just don't like that look. We actually contacted the company and are having this one made 6 inches wider...to hold a larger TV. :rolleyes: I'm like...what's a few inches but...I guess it's "HUGE" when your talking TV's...lol

OP
cadillactaste

cadillactaste

Feb 28, 2011
OHIO
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank and Sarge
Really hoping that we get our estimate on the cabinet today in our email. So we can go ahead and pay for the cabinet. With it being custom built it's going to take a bit of time before it's shipped. My husband ended up having it 10 inches wider than the specs stated. So they are figuring wood costs and such to be added to the original price. Which is fine...just want to pay for it...we'll be renting a glass TV stand until this one arrives. And it's so modern looking and will stick out like a sore thumb in my french country themed home. But...knowing the cabinet is being made and will soon replace this glass monstrosity will help ease my mind. I just want our cabinet PAID for...so I know it's in the works of being made. They said...Possibly today the estimate will arrive in our email...though I checked periodically over the weekend. [I know how pathetic is that]

OP
cadillactaste

cadillactaste

Feb 28, 2011
OHIO
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank and Sarge
YAY! I ordered our cabinet...instead of being tall and boxy it will be now long and stubby...lol the height didn't change but we changed the length to 60 inches wide to allow for 4 inches on either side of the TV once it's hung, to see the bead board. Where the original length was 49 inches. So it's basically a foot longer almost. But it will look country and that is the style I was aiming for. Just excited it will be here around the middle of May they are assuming. They'll call us once it's ready to ship. For an exact time frame.

Most Reactions