New double leash

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
So I finally got their duo leash. Will have e to admit it's great. I will have to shorten it in Duke's side as Monsieur always wanted to to be in front. I will also have to get a training leash traffic lead. Basically it's just a leather leash you put your hand through. Very short about 12". All this to say live the double double and if one gets out of hand, you can grab the handle on that specific side. [MENTION=16619]Cbrugs[/MENTION]

20f0ae463107bcab107f9a4fc7c2e1cb.jpg
0d1d84162951c43449cf216bab0084db.jpg
be2f46cf6ab3af71869ba5f891011939.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
So I finally got their duo leash. Will have e to admit it's great. I will have to shorten it in Duke's side as Monsieur always wanted to to be in front. I will also have to get a training leash traffic lead. Basically it's just a leather leash you put your hand through. Very short about 12". All this to say live the double double and if one gets out of hand, you can grab the handle on that specific side. [MENTION=16619]Cbrugs[/MENTION]

20f0ae463107bcab107f9a4fc7c2e1cb.jpg
0d1d84162951c43449cf216bab0084db.jpg
be2f46cf6ab3af71869ba5f891011939.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Yaaaaassss!!! Isnā€™t it wonderful!! Itā€™s seriously a whole new experience walking them and a pleasant one! Funny you mention the traffic lead...Louieā€™s leash has that as part of it and itā€™s wonderful. If people are approaching, I just grab it to keep them close to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Yaaaaassss!!! Isnā€™t it wonderful!! Itā€™s seriously a whole new experience walking them and a pleasant one! Funny you mention the traffic lead...Louieā€™s leash has that as part of it and itā€™s wonderful. If people are approaching, I just grab it to keep them close to me.

I always had only one dog but youā€™re right, what a difference walking 2. I just ordered the traffic lead. Took a 10ā€. Actually you buy one n they donate one to rescue. For 17$ not complaining.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
WHERE did you guys find this? I need to get one for my two...

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names

I got mine from Amazon. There are probably a million different ones but I can post the link to the one I got once I get to work. It will change your life when walking two dogs lol.

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names

amazon..... Mine is in Canada so youā€™ll typeit in dot com not dot ca.
I like mind as it has them fast grip handles. You can also shorten them if you have a dog that always wants to lead.

Vaun Duffy Double Dog Leash Coupler Two Padded Handles - No Tangle Splitter Swivel, Reflective Stitching, 1 inch Wide Adjustable 18-24 inches - Strong Lead Walking 2 Large Medium Dogs

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B01H2JQA2I/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I like short leash so they are always closer to me...

Pawfessor Dion's Short Reflective Traffic Leash 10" - Buy One and We Donate One to a Dog Rescue
by Buy One Give One To A Rescue Pawfessor Dion's Dog Training Gear

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B0798D878P/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=15310]helsonwheels[/MENTION] Any coyote sightings in your neighbourhood ? https://calgaryherald.com/news/local-news/city-issues-warning-after-coyotes-attack-two-airdrie-children

Airdrie is about 30km north from Calgary. But yes Calgary and surroundings are having big issues with coyotes. Lots of hares in the cities n towns brings the coyotes. I never walk the dogs at night only morning in day light. When I was living in Vancouver which was all new to me, not smacked in the city but more of a quiet area like minutes from the ocean with massive trees...Really beautiful but...yes a but... Iā€™ve noticed which I thought were young wolves. I see my neighbour in the middle of the road raising his hands up in the air scaring this young wolf. I stopped beside him which I didnā€™t know him and told him ā€œshouldnā€™t you be careful?ā€ He says....oh these dammm coyotes. I looked at him and said... kinda big for a coyote which actually were 2of them. Go figure a breed of coyotes mixed with wolves in Vancouver and seems they are all over the east side of Canada. On the black n brown side. Absolutely beautiful. They are called coywolf. Been around for decades. I would walk my GS on that road all the time. Never seen a coywolf walking only if I was driving up the the house. Major was 125lbs all muscles and trained. But that day I saw the neighbor chasing them 2 coywolf, I stopped immediately walking with Major. If thereā€™s 2 thereā€™s more not too far.

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Here's the one I have: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B072BF547Q/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Here is the leash I have that includes a traffic lead which I absolutely love: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B0749K8SMT/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

And a couple photos of the boys on a walk with them:

View attachment 114827

View attachment 114828

Got my traffic lead...really love this duo leash n traffic lead. Nothing is bulky anymore. They didnā€™t have black n green though. But heh....

60A5F6A9-0163-4215-8C6F-4E49BC1204CC.jpeg

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
Airdrie is about 30km north from Calgary. But yes Calgary and surroundings are having big issues with coyotes. Lots of hares in the cities n towns brings the coyotes. I never walk the dogs at night only morning in day light. When I was living in Vancouver which was all new to me, not smacked in the city but more of a quiet area like minutes from the ocean with massive trees...Really beautiful but...yes a but... Iā€™ve noticed which I thought were young wolves. I see my neighbour in the middle of the road raising his hands up in the air scaring this young wolf. I stopped beside him which I didnā€™t know him and told him ā€œshouldnā€™t you be careful?ā€ He says....oh these dammm coyotes. I looked at him and said... kinda big for a coyote which actually were 2of them. Go figure a breed of coyotes mixed with wolves in Vancouver and seems they are all over the east side of Canada. On the black n brown side. Absolutely beautiful. They are called coywolf. Been around for decades. I would walk my GS on that road all the time. Never seen a coywolf walking only if I was driving up the the house. Major was 125lbs all muscles and trained. But that day I saw the neighbor chasing them 2 coywolf, I stopped immediately walking with Major. If thereā€™s 2 thereā€™s more not too far.

Yeah scary to walk at night here in Toronto too. One night I was walking my dog and a raccoon dropped out of a tree in front of me and scared me pretty bad.

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Yeah scary to walk at night here in Toronto too. One night I was walking my dog and a raccoon dropped out of a tree in front of me and scared me pretty bad.

Hell raccoons are nasty too. Tons living in Montreal.

Members online

No members online now.