brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Thank-you we are planning on visiting the 9/11 memorial and defiantly Central Park..is the thanks giving day parade really that bad haha..would you recommend traveling after thanks giving? Does it get really manic around thanks giving? We are booking this tonight and trying to plan the best time to go from either end of November or the first/second week in December? Daft question as I know this has been answered before & Iā€™m pretty positive you know when your own thanks giving is, one of the girls I work with is traveling to Disney for 3wks end of November they go a few times a year, I said yo her yourā€™l be there for thanks giving this year wonā€™t you, anyway cutting a long story short she said theyā€™d planned the holiday so not to go around that time and they fly out the day after 23, I said itā€™s the 28th not the 23rd, she then googled it and it comes up the 22nd now Iā€™m not sure which to book, I have no idea when it is and we would like to be in New York when the Christmas tree has been switched on or just after, we donā€™t want to book to early and miss it, please could you clear this up [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hi, I', sorry I didn't see this sooner. Thanksgiving is the 22nd. Around the holidays aren't too bad. The parade itself is crazy with the amount of people who attend. It got very cold here very suddenly so dress warmly. Make sure you have a hat and such, that will keep you warm. What hotel are you staying at? What area will you be in? My husband and I just stayed at the Manhattan At Times Square and it was nice. the room was a decent size which is a bonus since they are usually very small. My advice is to stay away from the main eaterys. Google places to eat around wherever you are staying and eat at some of the smaller pubs and places as the atmosphere is awesome and the food is usually delish!! PM me if you need any other info and I can give you my phone number if you want to chat.

OP
ruby

ruby

Oct 19, 2014
Blackpool, uk
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruby
Hi, I', sorry I didn't see this sooner. Thanksgiving is the 22nd. Around the holidays aren't too bad. The parade itself is crazy with the amount of people who attend. It got very cold here very suddenly so dress warmly. Make sure you have a hat and such, that will keep you warm. What hotel are you staying at? What area will you be in? My husband and I just stayed at the Manhattan At Times Square and it was nice. the room was a decent size which is a bonus since they are usually very small. My advice is to stay away from the main eaterys. Google places to eat around wherever you are staying and eat at some of the smaller pubs and places as the atmosphere is awesome and the food is usually delish!! PM me if you need any other info and I can give you my phone number if you want to chat.

Sorry Iā€™ve only just seen this..we fly out on the 29th for a week, Iā€™m literally on count down lol visiting New York has been on my bucket list now for years. were stopping in midtown Times Square area is there anywhere you would recommend to eat or anything you would recommend we see? Weā€™re hoping to pack as much sightseeing into the week as possible, weā€™re hoping to visit Central Park, the Empire State Building, 9/11 memorial..The Manhattan was one of the hotels we look at booking but it didnā€™t have any availability for the dates we wanted [emoji17]

brutus77

Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sorry Iā€™ve only just seen this..we fly out on the 29th for a week, Iā€™m literally on count down lol visiting New York has been on my bucket list now for years. were stopping in midtown Times Square area is there anywhere you would recommend to eat or anything you would recommend we see? Weā€™re hoping to pack as much sightseeing into the week as possible, weā€™re hoping to visit Central Park, the Empire State Building, 9/11 memorial..The Manhattan was one of the hotels we look at booking but it didnā€™t have any availability for the dates we wanted [emoji17]

Bryant Park is local around there and has a lot of fun things to do. The Christmas tree in Rockefeller Center will be up and lit as of 11/28 so that is always something to see. you can go skating there and all. As for eating, there are so many good restaurants. If you are looking for big, you can go to Carmine's in Times Square or Patsy's which is on 56th between Broadway and 8th Avenue. Or you can google what's good to eat in the area your in and a bunch of local places will pop up. That's my fav to do as you find so many hidden gems. I love to eat at The Smith which is farther up town on 63rd and Broadway. It is right across from Lincoln Center which is something to see as well. I am so excited for your family to come and enjoy the City!!!

OP
ruby

ruby

Oct 19, 2014
Blackpool, uk
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruby
Bryant Park is local around there and has a lot of fun things to do. The Christmas tree in Rockefeller Center will be up and lit as of 11/28 so that is always something to see. you can go skating there and all. As for eating, there are so many good restaurants. If you are looking for big, you can go to Carmine's in Times Square or Patsy's which is on 56th between Broadway and 8th Avenue. Or you can google what's good to eat in the area your in and a bunch of local places will pop up. That's my fav to do as you find so many hidden gems. I love to eat at The Smith which is farther up town on 63rd and Broadway. It is right across from Lincoln Center which is something to see as well. I am so excited for your family to come and enjoy the City!!!

Are yes the Christmas tree at Rockefeller Center is on the todo list aswell this has been recommended a few times..aw thank-you Iā€™m so excited to be visiting and to also be visiting around Christmas time so many people have told me once Iā€™ve experienced your run up to Christmas and all the decorations Iā€™ll wonder what ours is about lol. We are thinking of seeing a show on Broadway time allowing, I will put ice skating on my todo list aswell. What a great idea using google to recommend places to eat this is something Iā€™ve never thought of doing but will defiantly be giving it a go. I have lots of winter stuff to bring with me as Iā€™m expecting it to be very cold around the time we visit.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)

I also use the TripAdvisor App... you can find restaurants, hotels, and things to do. It gives you 5 star reviews, and people will comment in detail about their experiences. We did our entire trip to St. Lois based on TripAdvisor, and we were NOT disappointed!!!

brutus77

Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Are yes the Christmas tree at Rockefeller Center is on the todo list aswell this has been recommended a few times..aw thank-you Iā€™m so excited to be visiting and to also be visiting around Christmas time so many people have told me once Iā€™ve experienced your run up to Christmas and all the decorations Iā€™ll wonder what ours is about lol. We are thinking of seeing a show on Broadway time allowing, I will put ice skating on my todo list aswell. What a great idea using google to recommend places to eat this is something Iā€™ve never thought of doing but will defiantly be giving it a go. I have lots of winter stuff to bring with me as Iā€™m expecting it to be very cold around the time we visit.

A hat and gloves are a must. You may be surprised though, sometimes the weather can be mild. You won't freeze though, walking around will help.

OP
ruby

ruby

Oct 19, 2014
Blackpool, uk
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruby
A hat and gloves are a must. You may be surprised though, sometimes the weather can be mild. You won't freeze though, walking around will help.

Sorry I have only just seen your comment & just want to say thank-you for your suggestions on here they really helped with our trip we got back from New York yesterday, we had such an brilliant time out the there the Rockefeller tree was fab, Central Park was beautiful you guys have an amazing city.

brutus77

Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sorry I have only just seen your comment & just want to say thank-you for your suggestions on here they really helped with our trip we got back from New York yesterday, we had such an brilliant time out the there the Rockefeller tree was fab, Central Park was beautiful you guys have an amazing city.

Thank you, I am very proud of where I come from! I am so happy you had a wonderful time and arrived home safely.

OP
ruby

ruby

Oct 19, 2014
Blackpool, uk
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruby
Thank you, I am very proud of where I come from! I am so happy you had a wonderful time and arrived home safely.

You should be. Itā€™s amazing, We are hoping to come back next year, there was so much we wanted to do but just didnā€™t have enough time to fit it all in..I have never walked so much in my life haha [emoji4]

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.