ruby

Oct 19, 2014
Blackpool, uk
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruby
Hey guys,

Wondering if you could possible help, my friend and I are looking to visit New York on holiday next year ( first time) I was wondering if any could advise which would be the best time to go. Decembers a complete no go work won’t let me have anytime off over the Christmas period the joys of working in nursing. I’m hoping to go around April time for my birthday weather wise what’s it like then. TIA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hey guys,

Wondering if you could possible help, my friend and I are looking to visit New York on holiday next year ( first time) I was wondering if any could advise which would be the best time to go. Decembers a complete no go work won’t let me have anytime off over the Christmas period the joys of working in nursing. I’m hoping to go around April time for my birthday weather wise what’s it like then. TIA

[MENTION=9370]brutus77[/MENTION] Any suggestions?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
New York is good 24/7 any time of the year imo. Lol

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Lol, are we best looking at stopping around Times Square? Xx

I’m not a city fan... but I was there in February, thanks to the group I was with, we had a great time. I think there is a thread here on EBN about it.
[MENTION=4573]Ftse 100[/MENTION]

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I’m not a city fan... but I was there in February, thanks to the group I was with, we had a great time. I think there is a thread here on EBN about it.
@Ftse 100

YES we had a blast... but personally I think going when it's NOT snowing might be a better idea!!! Lol

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Look up Best time to visit New York city, by Dave Santorini

@ruby

bulldogs1501

Dec 22, 2017
NJ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Moose
Hey guys,

Hi! So we live in NJ but I commute to NYC and usually on weekends we are out in Brooklyn. NYC is great all year round, just depends what type of visit you want (outdoors vs. indoor, walking and sightseeing or more like shows, restaurants and clubs - not sure of your age) and for how long. It's definitely festive and nice to see during the holidays (November/December) but just be mindful that it can get really cold.

My favorite time in NY is the end of summer and fall...basically September and October. It's not too hot, most of the summer tourists are gone and you still have great weather without the humidity.

April is nice too, just sometimes there can be a lot of rain. As the saying goes "April showers bring May flowers".

Once you decide on the date and if you have questions I'd be happy to give you suggestions or answer any questions.

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
There is a thread here from when we were there I will try and find it I have been there in February it was freezing and snowing which I loved, April the year I went then it was even colder than the February I went also October which was great and November if I’m remembering correctly that was chilly then I went another November and it wasn’t as cold.

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
Hey guys,

[MENTION=4573]Ftse 100[/MENTION]

The thread is

What happened to the slackers

OP
ruby

ruby

Oct 19, 2014
Blackpool, uk
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruby
Hi! So we live in NJ but I commute to NYC and usually on weekends we are out in Brooklyn. NYC is great all year round, just depends what type of visit you want (outdoors vs. indoor, walking and sightseeing or more like shows, restaurants and clubs - not sure of your age) and for how long. It's definitely festive and nice to see during the holidays (November/December) but just be mindful that it can get really cold.

My favorite time in NY is the end of summer and fall...basically September and October. It's not too hot, most of the summer tourists are gone and you still have great weather without the humidity.

April is nice too, just sometimes there can be a lot of rain. As the saying goes "April showers bring May flowers".

Once you decide on the date and if you have questions I'd be happy to give you suggestions or answer any questions.

Thank-you, so I have managed to talk my way into having being able to get some time off around end of nov begin of December, when are the thanksgiving parades on? We would love to be there for then and I’d love to see New York around Christmas time - this is now all very last minute my friends like to drop stuff on me, we’d like to do as much as we can while we’re out there so defiantly shopping lol ( a girl can’t visit New York without a shopping trip lol) sightseeing, I’m 35 and will be with a small group of girls.

bulldogs1501

Dec 22, 2017
NJ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Moose
Thank-you, so I have managed to talk my way into having being able to get some time off around end of nov begin of December, when are the thanksgiving parades on? We would love to be there for then and I’d love to see New York around Christmas time - this is now all very last minute my friends like to drop stuff on me, we’d like to do as much as we can while we’re out there so defiantly shopping lol ( a girl can’t visit New York without a shopping trip lol) sightseeing, I’m 35 and will be with a small group of girls.

So the Thanksgiving day parade is on the day of Thanksgiving. So this year it would be on November 28. Keep in mind the parade starts at 9am. So if you want to get to a decent spot, people usually start lining up at like 6am. I've never gone to the Thanksgiving Day parade, but I've gone to NYE and it was brutal. There are police barricades everywhere so you have to pick your place wisely as you may not have access to food or a bathroom for a while :)

Thanksgiving Eve is a big drinking day (maybe the biggest in the US) so that night you'll be able to find plenty of things to do. Also, that day will be the lighting of the Christmas tree at Rockfeller center so that's something you can consider. (https://www.rockefellercenter.com/holidays/rockefeller-center-christmas-tree-lighting/)

As far as shopping, you've got Black Friday! and then from then on I think stores are open like 16 hours a day until Christmas.

Any questions or if you need suggestions for places let me know. If time permits, I would definitely recommend you venture out to Williamsburg, Brooklyn and make a reservation at the Westlight Rooftop. Best rooftop in all 5 boroughs in my opinion and you have amazing views of the skyline.

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Fall and Spring are the best times to visit NY. Although I will warn you, hotels are more expensive at this time of the year. I think the Thanksgiving day parade is a bit ambitious for a first time visit, but go for it if you want to try it out! lol, Central Park is a must, any of our beautiful museums, Museum of Natural History, MOMA, etc. you can google them if interested. Of course our 9/11 memorial is something to think about, and the most touristy thing to do in Manhattan is the Red Line Tours. I actually did one and I live here!!! It was fantastic and taught me so much about the beautiful buildings. Also, if you are interested in a Broadway show, I would recommend going to a TKTS booth and seeing what is showing for that day, you can get tickets to good shows for a steal. Welcome and enjoy beautiful NYC!

OP
ruby

ruby

Oct 19, 2014
Blackpool, uk
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruby
Fall and Spring are the best times to visit NY. Although I will warn you, hotels are more expensive at this time of the year. I think the Thanksgiving day parade is a bit ambitious for a first time visit, but go for it if you want to try it out! lol, Central Park is a must, any of our beautiful museums, Museum of Natural History, MOMA, etc. you can google them if interested. Of course our 9/11 memorial is something to think about, and the most touristy thing to do in Manhattan is the Red Line Tours. I actually did one and I live here!!! It was fantastic and taught me so much about the beautiful buildings. Also, if you are interested in a Broadway show, I would recommend going to a TKTS booth and seeing what is showing for that day, you can get tickets to good shows for a steal. Welcome and enjoy beautiful NYC!

Thank-you we are planning on visiting the 9/11 memorial and defiantly Central Park..is the thanks giving day parade really that bad haha..would you recommend traveling after thanks giving? Does it get really manic around thanks giving? We are booking this tonight and trying to plan the best time to go from either end of November or the first/second week in December? Daft question as I know this has been answered before & I’m pretty positive you know when your own thanks giving is, one of the girls I work with is traveling to Disney for 3wks end of November they go a few times a year, I said yo her your’l be there for thanks giving this year won’t you, anyway cutting a long story short she said they’d planned the holiday so not to go around that time and they fly out the day after 23, I said it’s the 28th not the 23rd, she then googled it and it comes up the 22nd now I’m not sure which to book, I have no idea when it is and we would like to be in New York when the Christmas tree has been switched on or just after, we don’t want to book to early and miss it, please could you clear this up [emoji3]

Members online

No members online now.