Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
I love pit bulls...they are beautiful and can be the sweetest dogs. Unfortunately people have ruined the breed and they are banned in many areas. A couple years ago we went to New Orleans and visited Villalobos which is the pit bull rescue on Pitbulls and Parolees, a show I love to watch. It was such a great experience and I wanted to bring all the dogs home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Pitbulls... as with most dog breeds that were given bad repsā€”arenā€™t the problem, the human raising it is. This breed needs a string leader/owner that will keep them trained and working.

Having worked at a dog daycare I have seen both sides of it we had pit bulls come in that were the biggest love bugs in the world and chihuahuas come in that were horrendous to where none of us in the daycare could touch them without work gloves on because if went near them they would bite you and not stop. It is all in the human interaction and how they are raised by the owner.

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
In Quebec they were banned but with all the petitions n new woman mayor she is removing the banned. :2thumbs:

In Ontario, not allow EVEN to drive through the province even if youā€™re not living there! A couple driving to visit their parents got stopped and they were told go back or we are taking your dogs! Couple ended putting their sweet babies on a plane and have someone picking them up at the airport. As god is my witness I would of been jailed! :wtf2: ??? That was out of line. Even the copā€™s director said it should of been taken care in a different matter.

Sadly itā€™s a breed thatā€™s bred repeatedly like the EB even more and now way too many of them. Basically why we see or hear more stories on them cause itā€™s overbred dog....all about populated breed. In Quebec now if you want a PB, you will have a criminal check done on you, dog is chipped immediately and you have to bring it to a vet on regular basis. This will all kick in soon from the new Mayor.

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
In Quebec they were banned but with all the petitions n new woman mayor she is removing the banned. :2thumbs:

In Ontario, not allow EVEN to drive through the province even if youā€™re not living there! A couple driving to visit their parents got stopped and they were told go back or we are taking your dogs! Couple ended putting their sweet babies on a plane and have someone picking them up at the airport. As god is my witness I would of been jailed! :wtf2: ??? That was out of line. Even the copā€™s director said it should of been taken care in a different matter.

Sadly itā€™s a breed thatā€™s bred repeatedly like the EB even more and now way too many of them. Basically why we see or hear more stories on them cause itā€™s overbred dog....all about populated breed. In Quebec now if you want a PB, you will have a criminal check done on you, dog is chipped immediately and you have to bring it to a vet on regular basis. This will all kick in soon from the new Mayor.

You can't even drive through with them...WTF!! Yeah, I would have been in jail as well.

I know some cities the laws are changing and bans are getting lifted. If I were to get a pitbull, I know by homeowners insurance would go up.

Canelospeeps

Mar 13, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Canelo
I havenā€™t met a bad pitty yet. A couple of weeks ago my Husband and I went to a friendā€™s house, I had previous,y met their Dalmatian pit mix, tall, gorgeous sweet boy. My husband was walking through the front door before me and froze. Me? Iā€™m pushing him out of my way because there was D. O. G. looking at us and I had to give him love. Husband was frozen in fear, lol!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
I love pit bulls...they are beautiful and can be the sweetest dogs. Unfortunately people have ruined the breed and they are banned in many areas. A couple years ago we went to New Orleans and visited Villalobos which is the pit bull rescue on Pitbulls and Parolees, a show I love to watch. It was such a great experience and I wanted to bring all the dogs home.

OMG I LOVE that show and am so glad to hear it's all I felt it was. This is sooooooooooooooo cool to hear. And I too love pit bulls. I love dogs.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.