Knew injury....me

Clermont

Oct 20, 2015
Georgia
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tiger - Ty
Has anybody ever torn a ligament in their knee?

Did it heal on it's own, or did it require surgery?

I've been in 15/10 pain for almost a week now.

I'm affraid to go to the doctor, I don't want surgery, and I don't have time for 'down-time' or PT.

I can't even walk or play with Ty.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
ouch!!
Better off with surgery but might be able to getaway with a brace

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Iā€™m sure you are... it is painful

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
I know of someone but didnā€™t need surgery. Seem it depends what part of the knee. Can be from 2 weeks n severe 6weeks. You have to wait till the collagen fibres matures as he said to me. You basically need to stop all activities, do some icing and some anti-inflammatory medications are useful. Use Frankincense!!! I have one Bursitis in each hip. I work standing n walk the dogs every morning while itā€™s cool. Itā€™s extremely painful. You cant stand at times or sit or sleep. Doctorā€™s advise.....ready.....I need to lose the 5k walk with Nyala n Duke n 3days work per week!! Oh on will need a s all so they can shoot cortisone inside, behind the hip. Yeah right. Doctors are funny...arenā€™t they?

Lalaloopsie

Apr 18, 2016
Cape Town, SA
Country
Belarus
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Has anybody ever torn a ligament in their knee?

Did it heal on it's own, or did it require surgery?

I've been in 15/10 pain for almost a week now.

I'm affraid to go to the doctor, I don't want surgery, and I don't have time for 'down-time' or PT.

I can't even walk or play with Ty.

It depends which ligament is torn and on the degree of tear - partial or complete. There are 4 groups of ligaments inside and around knee.
Ppartial injuries of most ligaments can be treated without surgery. Full tears of cruciform ligaments ( itā€™s 2 ligaments, front and back) requires surgery.
Its nesessary to visit doctor, you canā€™t decide yourself which ligament and to what degree is hurt. Donā€™t be scared, first of all, many tears can be treated without surgery, and second, a lot of surgeries on a knee are made with arthroscopic equipment, that means no big cut, no general anesthesia even! Little hole and quick recovery! You wonā€™t have downtime after surgery, but be prepared that ability to walk without pain will come back not so fast. Months, in fact.
First of all, donā€™t try to put any weight on your knee, use cold on it and you will need good immobiliser, but this also requires doctors advise. You can use tablets like Aleve to reduce pain. And go tomorrow to doctor.
Wwish you feel better soon. I know how it feels!

Hceril

Jan 19, 2017
Middle Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella (EBD) Roxy (pit mix) Tyson (pit mix) Sadie (boxer)
Oh no......
hope you feel beer soon. Hubby has had a couple of miniscus tears...

OP
C

Clermont

Oct 20, 2015
Georgia
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tiger - Ty
pretty sure it's the left Lat Cruciform, I've used every OTC product available, I tried to stay off it as much as I could last weekend, didn't help any at all.

everybody knows nurses are notoriously the worst patients ever.

Lalaloopsie

Apr 18, 2016
Cape Town, SA
Country
Belarus
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
pretty sure it's the left Lat Cruciform, I've used every OTC product available, I tried to stay off it as much as I could last weekend, didn't help any at all.

everybody knows nurses are notoriously the worst patients ever.

You have to find out if it is full or partial tear. In case it is partial and no surgery is needed, you will have to use stiff orthoses and NSAIDs for couple of months. Donā€™t expect very fast improvement, itā€™s a serious injury. After 4-6 weeks may be you will be able stop using stiff orthose and use soft knee fixator. Btw, in what circumstances you injured your knee?

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
You have to find out if it is full or partial tear. In case it is partial and no surgery is needed, you will have to use stiff orthoses and NSAIDs for couple of months. Donā€™t expect very fast improvement, itā€™s a serious injury. After 4-6 weeks may be you will be able stop using stiff orthose and use soft knee fixator. Btw, in what circumstances you injured your knee?

Kinky...Hanging from the Chandelier wearing leathers.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I have had knee issues for years... I thought I had torn something as well, went thru physical therapy and then they finally allowed to pay for me to get an MRI. Found out that I have arthritis in my knee and hip... started getting steroid injections, and I stay physically fit. I work out 5 days a week... NO running, but I try to keep my legs strong to compensate for my issues.

You really need to see a doctor to diagnose what is going on first... honestly surgery is not something that you have to do when it comes to the knees.

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
Sorry couldn't resist.

Just trying some levity to a not so good situation. I hope you heal quickly. And if you are a nurse, you should know what to do.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.