What can I do

Clermont

Oct 20, 2015
Georgia
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tiger - Ty
My daughter came for supper tonight, and told us she has filed for divorce from her husband of 5 years.

I don't know what to feel.

I've know there were problems, so I really shouldn't be surprised.

I just hate that she's having to go through this.
She's really struggling, blaming herself, even though he's the one who broke the Vows.

Besides being supportive, I just wish there were something else I could do to make it easier for her.

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
Just sending love and prayers dear.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
My daughter came for supper tonight, and told us she has filed for divorce from her husband of 5 years.

I don't know what to feel.

I've know there were problems, so I really shouldn't be surprised.

I just hate that she's having to go through this.
She's really struggling, blaming herself, even though he's the one who broke the Vows.

Besides being supportive, I just wish there were something else I could do to make it easier for her.

Not much you can do but just be there for her as she needs a pair of ears. Thatā€™s what moms are for.

OP
C

Clermont

Oct 20, 2015
Georgia
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tiger - Ty
I hope there are no kids involved.

thank heavens no.
But he's taking her cat. Or I should say she's letting him take her cat. Which really burns my a$$ because she rescued him from underneath a dumpster at Burger King in 21' weather, and he's turned out to be a beautiful and amazingly smart.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
thank heavens no.
But he's taking her cat. Or I should say she's letting him take her cat. Which really burns my a$$ because she rescued him from underneath a dumpster at Burger King in 21' weather, and he's turned out to be a beautiful and amazingly smart.

One thing I might suggest is just listen n not get involved putting down ā€œanyoneā€ or telling them what to do. Iā€™ve seen a friend doing that and it came back to haunt her with what she said. They got lawyers for that. Thank god there is no kids involved. :whew:

OP
C

Clermont

Oct 20, 2015
Georgia
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tiger - Ty
I've learned the hard way, to keep my mouth shut and just listen.

OP
C

Clermont

Oct 20, 2015
Georgia
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tiger - Ty
especially in case they will get back together,which happens in life:unsure:

This is the second separation,

I can tell, she's had enough, (apparently he has a 'closet' alcohol issue, you would never know) her mind is made up.

I know Mandi, when she says she's finished, she's finished

She just keeps thinking of herself as a failure,

I hate that

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
This is the second separation,

I can tell, she's had enough, (apparently he has a 'closet' alcohol issue, you would never know) her mind is made up.

I know Mandi, when she says stop, it means stop.

Good for her.... I have to add that i am one that says "work through EVERYTHING" but have paid the price in many ways, and then also reaped the benefits in others. This is 'her' time to learn, and live what she needs to live and learn and if we 'help' out, sometimes the lesson is washed over some............ so, with that, i'd say just like the others, give her ears and arms, and let her do the figuring, and if so inclined, "give it to God" :)

OP
C

Clermont

Oct 20, 2015
Georgia
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tiger - Ty
Ya' know what

I've never even met any of you guys,

But you're just a great group of friends!!!!!

Everyone is so supportive!!!!

What can I say,.......y'all were great helping me with the loss of Izzy, now this,........!!!!!!!!!!

OP
C

Clermont

Oct 20, 2015
Georgia
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tiger - Ty
Good for her.... I have to add that i am one that says "work through EVERYTHING" but have paid the price in many ways, and then also reaped the benefits in others. This is 'her' time to learn, and live what she needs to live and learn and if we 'help' out, sometimes the lesson is washed over some............ so, with that, i'd say just like the others, give her ears and arms, and let her do the figuring, and if so inclined, "give it to God" :)

One of my main goals of motherhood, was to successfully raise my daughters to be strong, independent females.

Teach them that they can live with a man, BUT also live without one

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.