Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
There is an Australian Shepherd or Border Collie like dog roaming around the area where I live about 2 miles up the road but still in a residential area. I talked to a lady earlier when I tried to get his attention and she said he has no identification and has been in the area for a few days. I haven't seen him until this morning. He looks older and I think his eyes might be getting bad.

I am not sure what I would do with him other than keep him fed but would have to either crate him or put him outside on a leash until I figured out how him and Chunky would react to each other. I think he has either ran away from home and is now lost or was just dropped off. If he was dropped off its because someone thought it would be a good area to do just that since thats where a lot of rich people live and they though he would be taken in.

We do not have animal pick up anymore and thats good and the local pound is not an option

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Wes, I would probably keep him but sure would try to find the owner. If this dog got lost Iā€™m sure if it was Chunky you would like to be found as the owner. If someone dumped him at least youā€™ll have a peace of mind heā€™s looking for a home. I also wouldnā€™t put him on a leash outside as if this dog is lost n tied outside might scare him more. Just my 2 cents.

OP
Chunky White

Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
Wes, I would probably keep him but sure would try to find the owner. If this dog got lost Iā€™m sure if it was Chunky you would like to be found as the owner. If someone dumped him at least youā€™ll have a peace of mind heā€™s looking for a home. I also wouldnā€™t put him on a leash outside as if this dog is lost n tied outside might scare him more. Just my 2 cents.

I wasn't able to catch him earlier but the lady I spoke too had stopped also. I had Chunky with me so I went on after trying to get him to come to me for a minute or so. He seems lost or waiting on his owner to return. I do not really have room for him in the house and he seems pretty active. If I had a fenced in yard I would definitely try harder to get him but I do not. On a leash or in a crate would be my only option for a while with him for the most part. I just don't want to see him hit by a car since its a busy intersection where he is at

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Ugh so heartbreaking... I live in a pretty nice subdivision, and people do the same thing here. DUMP their dogs because they figure one of us will take care of him, which we normally do. I've re homed several dogs, called rescues, and taken some to the pound that I thought needed immediate medical care. It's a sad situation all the way around, and I HATE people for dumping animals.

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
There is an Australian Shepherd or Border Collie like dog roaming around the area where I live about 2 miles up the road but still in a residential area. I talked to a lady earlier when I tried to get his attention and she said he has no identification and has been in the area for a few days. I haven't seen him until this morning. He looks older and I think his eyes might be getting bad.

I am not sure what I would do with him other than keep him fed but would have to either crate him or put him outside on a leash until I figured out how him and Chunky would react to each other. I think he has either ran away from home and is now lost or was just dropped off. If he was dropped off its because someone thought it would be a good area to do just that since thats where a lot of rich people live and they though he would be taken in.

We do not have animal pick up anymore and thats good and the local pound is not an option

Bless you Wes. You can take him to a vet...maybe a microchip is on board.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
do you have a garage.... maybe try to catch him and keep him there. Facebook pictures, if you can get one. there are many pages for lost/found pets. Also, as Roger suggested, if you can catch him take to a local vet for a microchip scan

so sad.... humans really suck

OP
Chunky White

Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
I went back to look for him without Chunky being with me and he was gone. I will look for him each time I drive through there and see if I can catch him. I hope the lady I talked too caught him and will find his owner or just keep him. She said she posted on Facebook about him

The lady said he had been around for a few days and it seems she had caught him at least once. I will let you guys know if I find him or any info

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Maybe try to lure him with some treats/food.

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
If you can catch him and find him an appropriate home that would be really good. No fenced in yard is not so good for you keeping him. Those dogs need room to run and a job to do. He would most certainly try to herd the Chunkmeister and that might not go well. Have you looked into a local rescue group?

https://www.facebook.com/ETBCR/

OP
Chunky White

Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
If you can catch him and find him an appropriate home that would be really good. No fenced in yard is not so good for you keeping him. Those dogs need room to run and a job to do. He would most certainly try to herd the Chunkmeister and that might not go well. Have you looked into a local rescue group?

https://www.facebook.com/ETBCR/

I have not looked at any local rescues yet since I wasn't able to lure him in and didn't try but for a minute or so because I wasn't sure I could keep him in the bed of the truck if I did and Chunky was already in the back seat. I will continue to ride through that area and see if I can see him and go from there then.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
That breed will be on their last legs and still run :)

Great advice above! Bare in mind doesnā€™t mean he was dumped.

OP
Chunky White

Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
That breed will be on their last legs and still run :)

Great advice above! Bare in mind doesnā€™t mean he was dumped.

I am not sure if he was dumped or just lost but definitely one of the two. His actions of only moving a few feet then looking around made me think he might of been dumped and looking for his owner

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
I am not sure if he was dumped or just lost but definitely one of the two. His actions of only moving a few feet then looking around made me think he might of been dumped and looking for his owner

Poor little guy

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.