Sorry Facebook

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
Well EBN and since Facebook allowed Cambridge Analytica access to it's users gathering data... FB can kiss my six. I am giving up my account.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Well EBN and since Facebook allowed Cambridge Analytica access to it's users gathering data... FB can kiss my six. I am giving up my account.

I truly hate FB...but I use it for my business. The power of advertising! The issue is not just FB but also Android, OSI, IPone etc that asks you for your friend ā€˜s data etc. these 3rd parties are everywhere if you download any app. Itā€™s up to us to refuse when asked ā€œgive permission to access contacts, photos, emailsā€ etc. i know I sure do. itā€™s extremely hard todayā€™s technology to not use free media like FB, instagram, LinkedIn etc etc. itā€™s good and yet can be harmful towards personal data. FB is basically good to stay in touch with family and friends when youā€™re living far from another and yet, just as easy to pick up the phone to say hello :yes: which todayā€™s generation donā€™t know how to do that :)

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
Unfortunately, I think it is too late. FB has nothing on Google! Google knows your every move. If you use Google at all, it has everything, where you have been, how long you were there, everything you have searched for, looked at, written, texted, you name it.

I would like to give up FB but it is a very easy way for me to keep up with family and friends at home in England. I would miss out on a lot without FB.

Clermont

Oct 20, 2015
Georgia
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tiger - Ty
Never been a fan of FB, or any type social media really, I guess EBN is as close as I've been.

I've always tended to be a very private person, I don't really want the entire world to know where I am, what I'm doing.

even through the years as a nurse, patients will ask 'where do you live' and I'll give them false info, simply because I don't think it's any of their business.
just sayin.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Unfortunately, I think it is too late. FB has nothing on Google! Google knows your every move. If you use Google at all, it has everything, where you have been, how long you were there, everything you have searched for, looked at, written, texted, you name it.

I would like to give up FB but it is a very easy way for me to keep up with family and friends at home in England. I would miss out on a lot without FB.

FB is my connection to all of the people we know from all the areas of the country (and Europe) we have lived. I love the fact that we can re-connect and see our kids grow up... the rest of it just irritates me to NO end.

Jersey

Community Veteran
May 19, 2013
South Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jersey
Ditto! Well said! :judges:

Never been a fan of FB, or any type social media really, I guess EBN is as close as I've been.

I've always tended to be a very private person, I don't really want the entire world to know where I am, what I'm doing.

even through the years as a nurse, patients will ask 'where do you live' and I'll give them false info, simply because I don't think it's any of their business.
just sayin.

megskee

Jun 26, 2017
Delran, NJ
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Francesca aka Fran aka Mama Beans

Google is crazy. Every time you ā€œtalk to textā€ It saves the recording and you can go into your history and play back anything youā€™ve ever said. That creeped me out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. [emoji190][emoji252]

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
My fb page is Carolyn SmithHewitt :)

i don't play the games or take quizzes
and most friends are bulldog lovers :)
]
come join me!

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini

just sayin.

****I totally agree. Did start on Facebook, but realized that it was too invasive, long before it was exposed. This is the only site that I have trusted. Never been on the computer sooo much!

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Staff online

Members online