Baby Carrots a No No

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Yes.. I forget when I read/seen this, but I stopped eating long ago because of that

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Nothing better than fresh carrots from the garden!

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
AND WE WONDER AT THE DISEASES/MENTAL ILLNESS/CHRONIC CONDITIONS
INCREASES EVERY YEAR IB HUMANS & ANIMALS :(

IN HEWITT, TX YOU CAN SMELL THE CHORINE IN YOUR TAP WATER!

THANK YOU, HELENE.

Mom of Tucker

Jun 22, 2015
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sophie (2015), Jasper (2020), Tucker (2015-2020)
Funny that you post this! I never buy carrots, but I just picked some up the other day. Since Tucker is on prednisone and seems hungry all the time, the vet recommended carrots for "empty calories". I remembered reading about the processing of the baby carrots, so I got the regular bag, which was much cheaper anyway! I don't think my dogs will care about eating the skin on them either!

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Funny that you post this! I never buy carrots, but I just picked some up the other day. Since Tucker is on prednisone and seems hungry all the time, the vet recommended carrots for "empty calories". I remembered reading about the processing of the baby carrots, so I got the regular bag, which was much cheaper anyway! I don't think my dogs will care about eating the skin on them either!

I always give a whole carrot to the pups. One each. Nyala takes off on her bed to eat it, Duke stays in the kitchen hoping heā€™ll get another one. He swallows them. Then he poops them in big chunks. :facepalm2:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I always give a whole carrot to the pups. One each. Nyala takes off on her bed to eat it, Duke stays in the kitchen hoping heā€™ll get another one. He swallows them. Then he poops them in big chunks. :facepalm2:

Orange poo.... LOL --- he cracks me up!!

natski282

Dog Hoarder
May 27, 2013
Barrys Bay Ont Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Megan = Meg,
Ya know what at my age no matter what i eat nowaday will kill me they say
I have quit smoking and baby carrots and other rabbit food got me thru it , getting fed up with **** that will kill me and being told what i can not eat
I like baby carrots and am gonna chew on them versus a smoke .
We would not eat anything if you listen to supposed experts and some doctors screw em !

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I've read this about baby carrots as well, but I stopped giving my guys the raw baby carrots a long time ago, because they don't chew their food, especially Blossom. They inhale their food like I never fed them before. Lol. Then they poop out whole baby carrots, so now I cook the carrots first.

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Ya know what at my age no matter what i eat nowaday will kill me they say
I have quit smoking and baby carrots and other rabbit food got me thru it , getting fed up with **** that will kill me and being told what i can not eat
I like baby carrots and am gonna chew on them versus a smoke .
We would not eat anything if you listen to supposed experts and some doctors screw em !

Very true my dear! And they do put the same crap in our water to keep it clean. A lot of ppl are still standing. I personally donā€™t like smaller carrots. Rather have the real ones n the colour ones are soooooo nice!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.