Looking for eye support/vitamin

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
Anyone have a good vitamin or some such thing that helps aging eyes ?? I've used a few as of late with Lutein and Zeaxanthin but would love anyones input on a favorite :)

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Anyone have a good vitamin or some such thing that helps aging eyes ?? I've used a few as of late with Lutein and Zeaxanthin but would love anyones input on a favorite :)

About a month ago I saw on the news that new studies showed taking vitamins for the eyes can do the opposite affect if you don’t have any issues with your eyes. I will try to find this article and send it to you as it’s was really interesting.

Btw B12 n D is fantastic for vision.

OP
Hankster

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
About a month ago I saw on the news that new studies showed taking vitamins for the eyes can do the opposite affect if you don’t have any issues with your eyes. I will try to find this article and send it to you as it’s was really interesting.

Btw B12 n D is fantastic for vision.
. Thanks i would love to read! My issue is, I had horribly red eye That I believe started from a cat scratch in my eye about 30 years ago.always looking like I had pinkeye in one of my eyes. I believe I have ‘dry eye’, and probably macular degeneration etc. I was taking a vitamin with Lutien etc. and my eye is not flaming red and I can read much later at night as well. They’ve me happy but looking for something better. I’d like to read the article before I carry-on though LOL I do think that in 30 years my eyes have not been as clear as they have been over this past couple of months of taking a vitamin. And will get more regular with my D n B 12.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
. Thanks i would love to read! My issue is, I had horribly red eye That I believe started from a cat scratch in my eye about 30 years ago.always looking like I had pinkeye in one of my eyes. I believe I have ‘dry eye’, and probably macular degeneration etc. I was taking a vitamin with Lutien etc. and my eye is not flaming red and I can read much later at night as well. They’ve me happy but looking for something better. I’d like to read the article before I carry-on though LOL I do think that in 30 years my eyes have not been as clear as they have been over this past couple of months of taking a vitamin. And will get more regular with my D n B 12.

Still can’t find that article :(. But I recall them saying if you don’t have eye disease not to take what you’re takings it does the opposite affect. Idk dear it’s just a part of the news I caught when I was flipping through channels. So do what you have to. But do look into D n B12

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
OP
Hankster

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
Thank you guys and i just read that article.. very interesting and informative even if from 2014.. I had started and "aREDS 2 formula from Sprouts and my dry eye discomfort in bad eye is considerably better. My flaming red eye has improved (except when i mow or chop weeds) ... Sooooo, im guessing i can keep um up. I did order some lutein with zeaxanthin as alternate but now not sure i should use. I have restarted my D and B 12 as well :) encouragement on these things sure are good reminders of what i need......... not just Hank lol

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.