Seriously...I had no idea! DSI children can go and visit PLAYBOY website...

cadillactaste

Feb 28, 2011
OHIO
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank and Sarge
Just learned my 11 yr. old nephew...was found on the Playboy website...using his DSI...?...My son has an iPod Touch...it is registered to him. He can't even browse certain sites due to he's not old enough by their age requirements...And DSI is a child's hand held unit...YOUR KIDDING ME RIGHT!?!

Just shocked...Does it come with a parental control setting?

L

Lucy-licious

Luckily Connor(12) only uses his desktop and ours to surf the internet and both have net nannies isntalled :)

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
That's not good ... :down:

OP
cadillactaste

cadillactaste

Feb 28, 2011
OHIO
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank and Sarge
[MENTION=1046]bulldog family[/MENTION]
I don't even think my son knows what playboy is. He's 9.

My son is 10 and he too has no idea...my nephew heard them mention it on "Dancing with the Stars"...And checked the website out. My youngest though has always had a fetish with womens breasts. And even asked last vacation," when he got married could he watch his wife take a bath? " :rolleyes:

FridayGt

Jan 22, 2011
Delaware
Bulldog(s) Names
Biggie
Hahaha, ahhh, to be a young boy again... wait... always will be. lol

In all honesty though, another thing to be wary of is the profile on the DSI. I bought my little brother one a few years ago under the condition that he didn't touch the profile. He did, of course, touch the profile. Filled out his age, gender, address and lots of other info. All I had to do to find out was use my older brother's and turn the wi-fi on. I found out that he and all of his neighborhood kid friends did as well. All a creep has to do is drive around neighborhoods and he'll have a complete list of what little kids are where. Very dangerous. I took it away from him instantly and he just recently got it back.

OP
cadillactaste

cadillactaste

Feb 28, 2011
OHIO
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank and Sarge
[MENTION=1748]FridayGt[/MENTION]
Hahaha, ahhh, to be a young boy again... wait... always will be. lol

In all honesty though, another thing to be wary of is the profile on the DSI. I bought my little brother one a few years ago under the condition that he didn't touch the profile. He did, of course, touch the profile. Filled out his age, gender, address and lots of other info. All I had to do to find out was use my older brother's and turn the wi-fi on. I found out that he and all of his neighborhood kid friends did as well. All a creep has to do is drive around neighborhoods and he'll have a complete list of what little kids are where. Very dangerous. I took it away from him instantly and he just recently got it back.

Now THAT is scary! To may crazies out there...this is a child's hand held unit. Why aren't they protecting them more???

Mike Blaylock

Dec 27, 2010
Forest Park, Ohio, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
SgtMjr. Duketavius (Duke) Bruiser USMC Ret.
GOOD GAWD! Why does any kid need an I-Pod, or DSI? What the hell ever happened to kick the can, 4 square, kickball and other games used to create free-thinking minds. Take them away from your kids........and get them outside and active.:idea:

OP
cadillactaste

cadillactaste

Feb 28, 2011
OHIO
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank and Sarge
[MENTION=1645]Mike Blaylock[/MENTION] My oldest is 13 yrs. old...and he worked ALL SUMMER to earn money to buy his own iPod. I think that taught him responsibility. So he earned it...My kids are limited on video games...some aren't.

For the most part...My younger one asked "Santa" for it...he's 10 yrs. old...AND...the benefit of having two...you can download the games purchased from one...to the other for FREE! And which aren't expensive...several are free.

bulldog family

Aug 14, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Norman, LeRoy and China
Both my kids have hand-held games, BUT they are only allowed to use them on days that are rainy- or too cold- to go outside to play. And it's for a limited time. I don't think they are bad in small doses...

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online