helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Just to give a little more background, while we were waiting and chatting with the tech, we asked about the charges that we can expect for the day and specifically asked about whether there is an exam fee. The tech said no and that they wanted to trim his nails and clean his ears - for free. I don't know about you guys, but just in one month I've grown so attached to Moose that I am uncomfortable if someone takes him away and I can't see him. So I was uneasy saying yes to that :)

When asked if we had a concern, I guess I just wanted her to tell us that the Vet can address them, but it would be considered a consultation. With that being said, I just have a gut feeling that this Vet isn't the best for us. Thank you everyone for sharing your experiences.

Ok....change vets! Nail trimming n cleaning ears a dog is not taken away from you but done in front of out. I would never allow any of my pets to be taken away unless I leave them for surgery. My 2cents

OP
bulldogs1501

bulldogs1501

Dec 22, 2017
NJ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Moose
So I was casually checking in with my breeder, who is also a vet, and she asked did he get all of his shots. We told her we requested the DHPPvL + Cv (distemper parvo parainfluenza lepto and adenovirus) for his last show and they gave him the DA2P (distemper adenovirus and parainfluenza) which the vet said is the same thing. Our breeder completely lost it. She said the DA2P is not the same as it doesn't have lepto or parvo in it. She said the vet sounds like a scam artist that is trying to separate the shots so they can charge us more for an additional office visit. Looks like my gut instinct was right...

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
So I was casually checking in with my breeder, who is also a vet, and she asked did he get all of his shots. We told her we requested the DHPPvL + Cv (distemper parvo parainfluenza lepto and adenovirus) for his last show and they gave him the DA2P (distemper adenovirus and parainfluenza) which the vet said is the same thing. Our breeder completely lost it. She said the DA2P is not the same as it doesn't have lepto or parvo in it. She said the vet sounds like a scam artist that is trying to separate the shots so they can charge us more for an additional office visit. Looks like my gut instinct was right...

could be scamer but...... personally, i prefer those shots to be separated but w/NO additional office visit charge. I still say go with your gut though..

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
I still can't find a vet that doesn't charge me a fortune in Toronto. I don't have an insurance plan so paying the 70.00 fee plus medication charges add up. Luckily my dog is quite healthy although she is 8 years old so I have been only going so far for vaccinations. When I first rescued her I spent thousands on surgery, deworming, ear infection etc but since then I have been giving her the high quality food, cleaning her wrinkles and ears, buying her flea and tick and heartworm meds online, and haven't had to go back.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online