The Next Best Thing To Robert Redford

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Next Best thing to Robert Redford: (Ok some of you youngster's might not agree...but R.R. is my all time favorite actor :D And I've had this recipe a while....)

Bottom Layer:
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
1 cup finely chopped pecans
Middle Layer:
1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1 cup granulated sugar
1 (9-ounce) container whipped topping, thawed and divided
Top Layer:
1 (6.75-ounce) package instant vanilla pudding mix
3 cups cold milk
1 (6.75-ounce) package instant chocolate pudding mix
1 small milk chocolate bar, grated (optional)
Make bottom layer by mixing together the flour, butter and pecans until crumb-like. Press mixture into greased 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan. Bake in 350*F (175*C) oven for 15 to 20 minutes until lightly golden. Cool.
Make middle layer by beating cream cheese with the sugar until smooth. Fold in 1/2 the whipped topping. Spread mixture over the cooled crust.
Make the top layer by beating the milk with the pudding mixes until smooth and thickened. Spread the remaining whipped topping over the top. Sprinkle grated chocolate over top, if desired. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Better than Robert Redford!

Makes 16 servings.

While you are more than welcome to post recipes here on English Bulldog News, we would also like to invite you to our newly created forum just for recipe sharing! Inspired by the popularity of our recipe swap here at English Bulldog News. Click the link below!

Taste Tested Recipes

Last edited by a moderator:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
This is great, I must try it! Love the title BTW :up:

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
Robert was a little old for me, I grew up with Donny Osmond, David Cassidy and later on the Brat Pack.

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
I like Robert Redford too. What a hottie. George Clooney and Richard Gere too. haha.

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
I agree 100%, I love Robert Redford! I may only be 24 but my mom introduced movies to me like "The Way We Were," ooooo he was so handsome! Even as he has gotten older he is still good looking! (he aged well :up:) Oh and the recipe sounds delicious too ;)

Last edited:

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I'm with you all on the George Clooney ... but how about these yummies!!!!

Bruce Willis, Vin Diesel, and Dwayne Johnson ... be still my beating heart ..... :heart::heart::heart:

Last edited by a moderator:

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=959]kazzy220[/MENTION] - I see you have a taste for close-shaven head men. =) You crack me up!

[MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION] - Used to loooove Brad Pitt. Even before he got famous. Maybe around the time of when he shot 7ven and that movie with the cartoon animation. I think what he did to Jen Aniston hurt me a little though so for the longest time I couldn't look at his face. But now since he's shown that he's a dedicated father figure, he's slowly inching back up with me again. lol.

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Now Im feeling a bit jealous of RR.... sigh.
Bet the feeling would go away if Lari made that for me..... *cheesy grin*:angel:

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Now Im feeling a bit jealous of RR.... sigh.
Bet the feeling would go away if Lari made that for me..... *cheesy grin*:angel:

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
@BruceP - Nice try! lol. Maybe we should start a thread on beautiful ladies too.

Oh another note, how can we forget Johnny Depp. I think he's the epitome of perfection. Quirky, mysterious, prefers to stay away from the spotlight, protects his wife and children and who can forget unforgiveably (is that a word?) handsome! Yum yum!

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
[MENTION=959]kazzy220[/MENTION] - I see you have a taste for close-shaven head men. =) You crack me up!

[MENTION=1209]savemejeebus[/MENTION] What ever gave you that idea ...... :whistle:

My daughter has a BIG thing for Johnny Depp too!!

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
I'm with you all on the George Clooney ... but how about these yummies!!!!

Bruce Willis, Vin Diesel, and Dwayne Johnson ... be still my beating heart ..... :heart::heart::heart:

Icksnay on the Rucebay!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.