Mikey B's positive post.....

Mike Blaylock

Dec 27, 2010
Forest Park, Ohio, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
SgtMjr. Duketavius (Duke) Bruiser USMC Ret.
Okay I promised you all my positive things which keep me going list.
1) 31 years of marriage and only one fight? Yep......the secret to that I learned early......If the wife ain't happy........you ain't happy. Never underestimate your better half. Debi has been with me through the military seperations,hard times of health, through the finding a job, mid-life crisis........the whole enchillida.
She is my wife.....but more important.........she is my life.:up:

2) The unrestricted, unconditional love of my English Bulldog Duke. He has been a major blessing.:up:

3)Friends.......not so-called friends.......but real honest to God.......thick & thin friends. They say your lucky if you have more than two.....weeeeeeeeell I must be damn lucky cause I know I have at lease five time tested friends. To be on that list of five........The first rule is I've known you over 40 years...secondly you never asked for restrictions or rules to our friendship.
Let's face it.......I'm a Msgt retired from the USAFR....I rode peoples asses for years...as Msgt and in the civilian world as a Production Manager..I'm not an easy guy to like or love.:whistle::up:

4)Siblings and family......coming from a family of 7 siblings I have a great comfort of always feeling welcomed.:up:

5) I'm a commitment and a survivor type of guy.......sooooooo. any project or effort I see all the way through and or survive is gratification for me. Soooooo the fact that I can look back and say hey I've survived all of what's made me who I am and I'm still kicking.....have family & friends......still have decent health......weeeeeeeell.......... hell yeah I'm positive!!!:up:

In the immortal words of Popeye I Yam who I Yam.:lol:

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
:up: ... what a fantastic approach to life - if only there were a lot more Mr Blaylock's in the world, it would be a happier one!!!

L

Lucy-licious

My husband would definately agree with point 1.....in 13 years marriage we have never not even once had an argument,
Dont get me wrong we dont always see eye to eye but arguing gets you nowhere except upset and yes generally I am a pampered princess and he likes me to be happy cos its easy for him :lol: And my life revolves around him he makes me happy :)

L

Lucy-licious

My husband would definately agree with point 1.....in 13 years marriage we have never not even once had an argument,
Dont get me wrong we dont always see eye to eye but arguing gets you nowhere except upset and yes generally I am a pampered princess and he likes me to be happy cos its easy for him :lol: And my life revolves around him he makes me happy :)

dozersmama

Supreme Overlord of Awesomeness
Community Veteran
Dec 31, 2010
Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
???
[MENTION=1648]Lucylambchop[/MENTION] [MENTION=1645]Mike Blaylock[/MENTION] is there some kind of boot camp or fairy tale land men like you (and your husband) come from. I must have missed the flight info or something . A girl could really become accustom to this no argument business.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
[MENTION=1648]Lucylambchop[/MENTION] [MENTION=1645]Mike Blaylock[/MENTION] is there some kind of boot camp or fairy tale land men like you (and your husband) come from. I must have missed the flight info or something . A girl could really become accustom to this no argument business.

Yep .. which planet do these men come from, and how much does it cost to fly them there for training?? :LMAO:

L

Lucy-licious

Believe me [MENTION=1665]dozersmama[/MENTION] my husband is a one off and I have never seen him loose his temper or get angry with anyone, he's no pushover though he gets his point accross without people even realising :lol: his moto is "strong words, quietly spoken"
Not sure how my bad tempered bad *** attitude managed to bag such a class act....we are like chalk and cheese but make a good team :) oh gosh bring on that sickbag I cant believe I'm gushing over my husband please dont tell him :lol:

OP
Mike Blaylock

Mike Blaylock

Dec 27, 2010
Forest Park, Ohio, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
SgtMjr. Duketavius (Duke) Bruiser USMC Ret.
Weeeeeeeeell, like I said I'm a committed kind of guy...or at lease I should be committed:lol:Anyways......I do have a short fuse.......the difference with the way I am with my wife.....is.......I stop to think.......what good will an arguement resolve?.......it will only build resentment and flashback at me....soooooooo........resolve the problem another way.........and keep the peace. I do this out of respect & love for my wife. I am the last of the Rennaisance Dinosaurs.:lol: It's not about me.....it's about us.:luv::up:It's total commitment to each other.

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
Maybe we should look into cloning [MENTION=1645]Mike Blaylock[/MENTION] & @Lucylambchop 's husband. I have a son-in-law that should be cloned while we're at it.
@kazzy220 I'd say pick up a ticket for my husband, too, but he isn't trainable!

Last edited:

bulldog family

Aug 14, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Norman, LeRoy and China
My husband is the same way. We are high school sweethearts... met our sophmore year... been 18 years and still madly in love! Arguments? Well... we argue, but nothing "out of the ordinary". We are together for better and worse. We have seen each other thinking we couldn't even affod taco bell to where we are now. We've seen each other at our worst and at our best.:heart:

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
My husband is the same way. We are high school sweethearts... met our sophmore year... been 18 years and still madly in love! Arguments? Well... we argue, but nothing "out of the ordinary". We are together for better and worse. We have seen each other thinking we couldn't even affod taco bell to where we are now. We've seen each other at our worst and at our best.:heart:

We are also high school sweethearts..33years for us..survived raising 2 daughters..and now loving grankids..but we know how to fight too! It's an art, you know..just got to know how to make up!! Lol

Ummm..make that 38 years married..uh oh..this could be embarrassing

Last edited:

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Gosh I wish my husband understood that a happy wife makes a happy life. haha We too have been together 18 years but when we fight boy do we. Both bullheaded and stubborn. lmao. BUT he is my bestest friend nomatter what. :luv:

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Gosh I wish my husband understood that a happy wife makes a happy life. haha We too have been together 18 years but when we fight boy do we. Both bullheaded and stubborn. lmao. BUT he is my bestest friend nomatter what. :luv:

[MENTION=390]cali~jenn[/MENTION], although I have only been re-married a year and a half after being divorced 13 years, My husband does understand Happy Wife Happy Life, but I understand the same in return, but as far as fighting......OH HELL YEA, like two bulls in a pen. (not physically) but wow we can argue and try to get our point across to the end, he says I always have to have the last word which in the heat of fighting I disagree, the thing is HE IS RIGHT :lol:, but with all that we both know we are each other's best friend and love each other very much! [MENTION=1645]Mike Blaylock[/MENTION], all that you said you have a very blessed life!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.