Fried Food Will Save The Planet!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:facepalm:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Fish and Chips anybody?

I visited England 2x within 20yrs. First time I went there someone brought me to these famous corner chip shops Admiral if im not mistaken. Basically they have 2 deep pans....one for the batter n one for the oil thats boiling away. They grabbed the cod dip it in the batter and in the oil it went. Like a mop you soak in a bucket n into the next bucket type. Then onto a newspaper wrappped up. Now im holding this wrapped newspaper n my hands were dripping of oils..like seeping right through! Like really....you really think I'll eat that??? Hell NO. Like a fregen instant heart attack awaiting lolll. To this day I dont eat fish n chips.

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
I visited England 2x within 20yrs. First time I went there someone brought me to these famous corner chip shops Admiral if im not mistaken. Basically they have 2 deep pans....one for the batter n one for the oil thats boiling away. They grabbed the cod dip it in the batter and in the oil it went. Like a mop you soak in a bucket n into the next bucket type. Then onto a newspaper wrappped up. Now im holding this wrapped newspaper n my hands were dripping of oils..like seeping right through! Like really....you really think I'll eat that??? Hell NO. Like a fregen instant heart attack awaiting lolll. To this day I dont eat fish n chips.

After reading this, the drool is just running down my chin. That sounds yummy with a pint of ale/beer to wash it down with...OMG...I think I am now Pavlov's dog and the bell went off.....Bong! Fish and chips for me and draw one (i.e. give a beer).

Helene, just think, your order helped save the planet because oil was released into the atmosphere. Al Gore (the father of the Internet and global warming) would be proud to hear that you are helping save the planet. Eat more Fish N' Chips and save the planet.

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
After reading this, the drool is just running down my chin. That sounds yummy with a pint of ale/beer to wash it down with...OMG...I think I am now Pavlov's dog and the bell went off.....Bong! Fish and chips for me and draw one (i.e. give a beer).

Helene, just think, your order helped save the planet because oil was released into the atmosphere. Al Gore (the father of the Internet and global warming) would be proud to hear that you are helping save the planet. Eat more Fish N' Chips and save the planet.

:laugh: :rofl:

KING OLLIE HOUSE of BULLDOG

Dec 29, 2016
Florida
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
King Ollie

My husband is from England. I spend time there every year, sometimes twice a year. The first thing I want as soon as we get out of Heathrow is fish and chips from the village fish and chips chappy. The same fish and chips guy has been there about thirty years. Heā€™s Chinese...lol.

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
My husband is from England. I spend time there every year, sometimes twice a year. The first thing I want as soon as we get out of Heathrow is fish and chips from the village fish and chips chappy. The same fish and chips guy has been there about thirty years. Heā€™s Chinese...lol.

You didn't find it oily! I like their chips no issues there...just thier corner fish n chip shops. The fish wasnt swimming in water that's for sure lol

Lalaloopsie

Apr 18, 2016
Cape Town, SA
Country
Belarus
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
You know what in my opinion is worse health crime than deep frying fish? Deep frying seafood! People take lean goodness and deep fry it, not only loading it with zillion calories of cheap fat, but also killing gentle aroma of seafood with robust smell of fried oil:eek: yuck:bad:

KING OLLIE HOUSE of BULLDOG

Dec 29, 2016
Florida
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
King Ollie
You know what in my opinion is worse health crime than deep frying fish? Deep frying seafood! People take lean goodness and deep fry it, not only loading it with zillion calories of cheap fat, but also killing gentle aroma of seafood with robust smell of fried oil:eek: yuck:bad:

We do a lot of cruises, mostly transatlantic and Mediterranean. We use a cruise line known for its excellent food. One of the things I love the most is that at every port they locally source the fish they serve those nights. Itā€™s often a fish Iā€™ve never tried before, like Black Cobia or Spanish Mackrel. Itā€™s never coated or fried, but topped with some fantastic ingenious fresh sauces or things like a citrus salsa. Theyā€™re heart friendly, delicious and sourcing locally helps local fishing.

We have a lot of local fish here on the west coast of Florida and a lot of locals make their living as commercial fishers. Itā€™s become very difficult of independent commercial fishermen to make a decent living. The price of fuel is high, boat maintenance and upkeep are high, commercial licenses quite expensive and sometimes they have to go far out in the Gulf for decent catches. The most popular fish here are Grouper, Snapper and Red Fish. Each is now over $20/pound. My favorite is Red Snapper that I serve with a citrus salsa. Itā€™s to die for. Hereā€™ a photo of one I recently did. It was a gift from next door neighbor who has a big deep sea boat.

d54eed48e9bf09bb474091f0582566de.jpg
5ee2e14c3d0f163d1fd5d0fac3d8ddea.jpg
a67be3652e317938c71ea06a1079a5ec.jpg

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
We do a lot of cruises, mostly transatlantic and Mediterranean. We use a cruise line known for its excellent food. One of the things I love the most is that at every port they locally source the fish they serve those nights. Itā€™s often a fish Iā€™ve never tried before, like Black Cobia or Spanish Mackrel. Itā€™s never coated or fried, but topped with some fantastic ingenious fresh sauces or things like a citrus salsa. Theyā€™re heart friendly, delicious and sourcing locally helps local fishing.

We have a lot of local fish here on the west coast of Florida and a lot of locals make their living as commercial fishers. Itā€™s become very difficult of independent commercial fishermen to make a decent living. The price of fuel is high, boat maintenance and upkeep are high, commercial licenses quite expensive and sometimes they have to go far out in the Gulf for decent catches. The most popular fish here are Grouper, Snapper and Red Fish. Each is now over $20/pound. My favorite is Red Snapper that I serve with a citrus salsa. Itā€™s to die for. Hereā€™ a photo of one I recently did. It was a gift from next door neighbor who has a big deep sea boat.

d54eed48e9bf09bb474091f0582566de.jpg
5ee2e14c3d0f163d1fd5d0fac3d8ddea.jpg
a67be3652e317938c71ea06a1079a5ec.jpg

That looks awesome..... YUMMMMMMM

Most Reactions