UGH, female Portsmouth police officer shot multiple times on Hickory St...1 block

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
behind my business. Perp ran past my biz and into the London Oaks apts across the street. Cop taken to Norfolk hospital. No word on perp...hoping he's been shot to death.
40+ police cars in the immediate area. All streets around my biz are blocked. ATF, and Sate Police are here along with every cop in the city. It's just a mess. Praying for the cop. I'm getting to really dislike this cesspool of a city.

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
Chip that is too close for comfort friend!! Very Very scary!! Major prayers for the Police Officer, I sincerely hope she makes it !!!

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
Terrible sickning stuff going on way to close.. prayers for Officer, and hope that horrid piece of trash caught

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Holy $hit... so glad you are OK .

Sending prayers to the office and her family

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Just saw that on the news and the other idiot that was pi*sed off at is mother in law walked in a church (texas) shooting everywher. Numerous died from 18months old to 72 yrs old dies. Sick!

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
behind my business. Perp ran past my biz and into the London Oaks apts across the street. Cop taken to Norfolk hospital. No word on perp...hoping he's been shot to death.
40+ police cars in the immediate area. All streets around my biz are blocked. ATF, and Sate Police are here along with every cop in the city. It's just a mess. Praying for the cop. I'm getting to really dislike this cesspool of a city.

Chip. I don't think any city is immune to violence, lack of civility, etc. The tragedies are just handled differently. Baltimore is in the same boat. There was an article written by a CNN Reporter (I think John Blake) called the Lord of Flies comes to Baltimore (please see Baltimore violence ).

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Hope the officer recovers and the perp gets what they deserve. Reminds me of the murder suicide at the end of my street about 3 years ago and the drive by shooting back in 2008 about 3 doors down from me.

OP
oscarmayer

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
Chip. I don't think any city is immune to violence, lack of civility, etc. The tragedies are just handled differently.
Couldn't agree more, but what has happened here in recent weeks/months is unlike anything I've seen in the 50+ years I've been here. Ten days ago a young couple who had recently moved to the area drove nearby[to me] to meet someone to purchase a cell phone. The rest of the story...Family says Navy Sailor, wife were shot during OfferUp sale in Portsmouth | WTKR.com

I'm more than ready to get the hell out of here. Portsmouth used to be a nice town but the violence is getting out of hand.

FWIW, the female Portsmouth Police officer that was shot is in the hospital in serious but stable condition. She was able to talk as of last night. The kid that shot her was a runaway(from home), 15 years old, and a GANG member. The officer was in the process of arresting him(had cuffs on one hand) when he pulled a gun and fired off 5 shots...three of which hit the officer but one was stopped by her vest.
This just sickens me.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Same day we had somewhat same issue. Depress man stole a Mustang in British Columbia, police trying to block him off and this 65yr man from Alberta shot one of the police officer and died. :(

Most Reactions