Feral Pigs

KING OLLIE HOUSE of BULLDOG

Dec 29, 2016
Florida
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
King Ollie
This is what the feral pigs did to my neighbor’s lawn last night. They are everywhere and are a real nuisance and cause lots of damage.
3abede4702e786438f60470f19ab9f01.jpg
a88d2c61575d7f9bb8e28e0cdaee4ad6.jpg
74a37bb019c06e7f8960960e1e06d220.jpg
fa7d867824f2ed76750c5c539b001245.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
wow!!! thats awful!!! and poor pig :(

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
I had 3 pet pigs and babies. Extremely smart. These wild pigs are multiplying at a fast rate of speed,and are spreading far and wide. Destroying crops,and causing extreme destruction! They are also dangerous. You can not feel sorry for them,as they are relentless and destroy millions of dollars of crops. Just look at that lawn and that is a very tiny example. We,here are overrun with them also. If they are cornered,they would try to kill you. I am an extreme animal lover, but you can not feel sorry for these animals-they are dangerous and destructive! Not a lecture-just trying to explain. hog.jpgThese animals grow as long as they live!

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
@King Ollie House of Bulldog How do I post that? (that's a mouthfull!) Stay safe from those beasts-Mom and Ollie.

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
wow [MENTION=8741]Manydogs[/MENTION]! so can they be eaten? Seems that there should be a way to harvest them for 'someone' somehow! I would think they wold be a healthy dog food? or people in need food? What a fearful animal to have just wandering and i suppose you are not aloud to shoot?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
WOW... I had seen a documentary on this topic on Animal Planet... lots of southern states are being over run with them. Up north, we have over population of deer but they do not damage the land. dangerous because the run into the highway a lot, especially this time of year (mating season)

OP

Dec 29, 2016
Florida
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
King Ollie
WOW... I had seen a documentary on this topic on Animal Planet... lots of southern states are being over run with them. Up north, we have over population of deer but they do not damage the land. dangerous because the run into the highway a lot, especially this time of year (mating season)

Here it’s a matter of residential development pushing the feral pigs out. Our HOA has two “Pig trappers” on retainer. They just can’t keep up. They trap and remove. I am afraid to know where they end up.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Here it’s a matter of residential development pushing the feral pigs out. Our HOA has two “Pig trappers” on retainer. They just can’t keep up. They trap and remove. I am afraid to know where they end up.

it is the same reason up here... constant building, clearing land and the animals have no where to go. So sad, humans just have no regard for other living beings... :(

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Why dont they just hunt them? Like deer or moose. Are these edible? You know how many sausage I can get out of the pig on the tractor? This is interesting.

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
We have lots of wild boar (which I think is pretty much the same kind of animal) in the woods here. They destroy a lot so pose a problem for eg farmers.

They are hunted here and you can buy the meat.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
We have lots of wild boar (which I think is pretty much the same kind of animal) in the woods here. They destroy a lot so pose a problem for eg farmers.

They are hunted here and you can buy the meat.

Wild boar is really good too. Had some.

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Wild hog makes for some good eating. Farmers and ranchers in some areas are inviting hunters to come on their land to take all they want to keep the herds down. Biggest one I have seen so far this year is almost 700lbs.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Wild hog makes for some good eating. Farmers and ranchers in some areas are inviting hunters to come on their land to take all they want to keep the herds down. Biggest one I have seen so far this year is almost 700lbs.

Wow....there's a lot of sausage for ya loll

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
They can be eaten-there is a blood test drawn when they are killed(if a person wants for eating) to make sure they are not diseased. I would not eat them. There was a show on Monsters inside me, a man had a sore bloodshot eye,starting to loose sight, and he had a pork tapeworm inside his eye. I don't like pork anyway. 200px-Hogzilla.jpgHogzilla

Members online

No members online now.