Maximus

Community Veteran
Jun 6, 2010
Toms River, New Jersey
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Maximus
I just recently lost my Female Pug of 8-years a week ago. I also have a male English Bulldog. I have been looking to Adopt a dog. I wanted to ask other members who may have adopted a dog, either thru an individual or thru a Rescue Organization, what their experience was like going thru the Adoption process. I'm asking only because since I have been looking, all I have experienced is frustration and anger because the people have been so very difficult to deal with. Is this common in the world of Dog or Pet adoptions? Part of me now understands why people will go out and purchase a Dog or other pet. Thank you for your feedback on this.

Annie1991

Community Veteran
Aug 14, 2012
Longview, TX
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Punk'N
I adopted my Mickey from Lone Star Bulldog Rescue in Frisco, TX. They are a great group. They take in the bully, fix any medial problems, put them with a foster family who works with the bully regarding potty training, socializing and manners. They sent a rep to my house to look at my back yard and home to see if Mickey would be safe and loved.

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
I have never adopted or rescued a dog but I know a few people that have tried to adopt bulldogs and they found the whole process to be frustrating and they were never selected.

NicosMom

Jan 23, 2015
Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Nico & Lexi (RIP Tia 6/08-5/19)
Animal shelter and the Humane Society are easier to deal with then rescue groups in my opinion.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hi Patrick -- So very sorry for the loss of your sweet Pug.

Going to the SPCA or local shelter may be easier and somewhat fast cause they do not screen as intensely as the rescue groups do. Rescues groups by a lot of attention to the current situation in the household and will only adopt if the dog fits the environment -- this is to help ensure the dog fits in and has little to no chance of being returned or rehomed again.

Since you are in NJ... look into SNORT Rescue or Philly Pug and Short nose rescue inc. -- the both adopt out in your area.

GOOD Luck and try to be patient

Members online

No members online now.