Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
My daughter needs 'something' and the only name i could think of to ask was that Metamucil, but from what i see theres too much 'other' stuff i dont want her to take. She's a grown woman 37, and needs some fiber in her. Thanks if ya do :)

Hi Jill. Metamucil is fine to help keep you regular, but if she is having problems going, and needs something to work more quickly, she can take Milk of Magnesia and it will clean her out immediately. It's not meant to be used for a long term, but to get quick relief. My grandson is a very picky eater, and last year, he was having a lot of stomach aches, especially in his navel area. We thought of his appendix right away. Pain in the navel area is a common sign of Appendicitis in children. Also being constipated a lot can cause Appendicitis. We took him to the doctor and they did an ultrasound and blood work.
She phoned us back, and said he was very constipated and was full of backed up poop. She recommended the Milk of Magnesia right away to clean him out, but then she said to buy him Restoralax which you can buy at Costco or the Drugstore. Restoralax works by bringing water into the bowels to keep you regular, the doctor said my grandson could stay on this for the rest of his life if he had to, there are no side affects to it, and it's not a laxative, and is safe to take on a regular basis. I've recommended it to others, and they have said it is a very good product. Hope this helps.

OP
Hankster

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
Hi Jill. Metamucil is fine to help keep you regular, but if she is having problems going, and needs something to work more quickly, she can take Milk of Magnesia and it will clean her out immediately. It's not meant to be used for a long term, but to get quick relief. My grandson is a very picky eater, and last year, he was having a lot of stomach aches, especially in his navel area. We thought of his appendix right away. Pain in the navel area is a common sign of Appendicitis in children. Also being constipated a lot can cause Appendicitis. We took him to the doctor and they did an ultrasound and blood work.
She phoned us back, and said he was very constipated and was full of backed up poop. She recommended the Milk of Magnesia right away to clean him out, but then she said to buy him Restoralax which you can buy at Costco or the Drugstore. Restoralax works by bringing water into the bowels to keep you regular, the doctor said my grandson could stay on this for the rest of his life if he had to, there are no side affects to it, and it's not a laxative, and is safe to take on a regular basis. I've recommended it to others, and they have said it is a very good product. Hope this helps.

thank you! will note and have this info for her. I got her on a pro and pre biotoc and fermented pickles and things seem WAY better. she's off the pre and pro but addicted to the pickles so so far, all is well. Thanks so much for help :)

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
You’re right [MENTION=13737]1Chumly[/MENTION]. Flax seed is from the linseed plant.

And @rjisatrep. Heat up prunes or 100% prune juice n you’ll be running to the washroom....

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.