anyone with a good suggestion for a 'human' Metamucil /fiber *type* thing

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
My daughter needs 'something' and the only name i could think of to ask was that Metamucil, but from what i see theres too much 'other' stuff i dont want her to take. She's a grown woman 37, and needs some fiber in her. Thanks if ya do :)

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
What about fiber rich foods?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Hankster

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
What about fiber rich foods?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ha! this is my daughter we're speaking of lol And yes! foods the best way but this has been a battle.. She's a great cook and all! just so much easier in her opnion is to eat a doughnut !!!! I think i have her talked into a pre/pro biotic situation at least. but i 'think' she needs that other as well.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
My daughter needs 'something' and the only name i could think of to ask was that Metamucil, but from what i see theres too much 'other' stuff i dont want her to take. She's a grown woman 37, and needs some fiber in her. Thanks if ya do :)

Is it to go to the washroom? psyllium husk is loaded of fiber. Depends what she needs fiber for. Need more details

https://draxe.com/high-fiber-foods/

OP
Hankster

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
Is it to go to the washroom? psyllium husk is loaded of fiber. Depends what she needs fiber for. Need more details

https://draxe.com/high-fiber-foods/

thank you so much and well.......... she has had a pain in her side for months. She sais it feels like a gass bubble. She's been to dr multiple times as they even thought it may be pneumonia. Nothing has been solved and since i KNOW she needs to get on the pre/pro's and a good cleansing may be in order (they had her on antibiotics for something else and she just needs a kickstart. I remembered my friend had diverticulosis and had to take metamucil or some such thing but i dont like all the crap in there. so there ya go.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
thank you so much and well.......... she has had a pain in her side for months. She sais it feels like a gass bubble. She's been to dr multiple times as they even thought it may be pneumonia. Nothing has been solved and since i KNOW she needs to get on the pre/pro's and a good cleansing may be in order (they had her on antibiotics for something else and she just needs a kickstart. I remembered my friend had diverticulosis and had to take metamucil or some such thing but i dont like all the crap in there. so there ya go.

Wait a minute, pain in her side? What side as pneumonia is not on a side.

OP
Hankster

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
yea, i get ya,,, i'll try better... it's on middle to outer side of ribcage, i think only on left... but may not be explaining right. She had been hanging out with Her brother who had walking pneumonia so thats why they checked ... for that and i think pleurisy.. They said possible gas bubble and go on a green leafy diet... She was headed for an 11 day vacation all over the east coast......... and the plan was to EAT everything.. so that green diet didnt happen.

Lalaloopsie

Apr 18, 2016
Cape Town, SA
Country
Belarus
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
On the days when I eat delicious but not so rich in fibre foods like bread, steak etc, I know that i will have trouble.
So, I intentionally add fibre. Ive tried psyllium husk, it works well, but it has taste or smell I don’t like. For me chia seeds work the best. They are also a good source of plant omega, which is good. I usually put 5-6 teaspoons in the glass, and add water, stir it and drink immediately. Be sure to drink 500 ml of water with it at least, and don’t forget to drink enough later in the day, as if you don’t drink enough water, chia seeds can make situation even worse. Another way to drink chia seeds is to soak it for several hours, then you will get thick jelly. But I don’t like to drink this thick jelly. So I drink them unsoaked with lots of water so they can soak inside:yes: just don’t forget to drink around 500 ml with it.
it is the best to start with 1-2 teaspoons a day and add slowly. Otherwise you can overload your tummy.
I also like ground linen seeds. They are full of fibre, omegas and have nice nutty taste. You can make a nice milkshake- take a glass of milk or almond milk, add 2 tablespoons of ground linen seeds and half of banana, mix it with mixer and drink. Tastes not bad. Even my hubby drinks it.

OP
Hankster

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
On the days when I eat delicious but not so rich in fibre foods like bread, steak etc, I know that i will have trouble.
So, I intentionally add fibre. Ive tried psyllium husk, it works well, but it has taste or smell I don’t like. For me chia seeds work the best. They are also a good source of plant omega, which is good. I usually put 5-6 teaspoons in the glass, and add water, stir it and drink immediately. Be sure to drink 500 ml of water with it at least, and don’t forget to drink enough later in the day, as if you don’t drink enough water, chia seeds can make situation even worse. Another way to drink chia seeds is to soak it for several hours, then you will get thick jelly. But I don’t like to drink this thick jelly. So I drink them unsoaked with lots of water so they can soak inside:yes: just don’t forget to drink around 500 ml with it.
it is the best to start with 1-2 teaspoons a day and add slowly. Otherwise you can overload your tummy.
I also like ground linen seeds. They are full of fibre, omegas and have nice nutty taste. You can make a nice milkshake- take a glass of milk or almond milk, add 2 tablespoons of ground linen seeds and half of banana, mix it with mixer and drink. Tastes not bad. Even my hubby drinks it.

thank you :) And she was suggesting chia seeds and i bought her a "jelly" ha! drink that she sort of struggled with so i will tell her 'your' way ;) Thanks again. I've not heard of linen seeds, going to check that out. I had the best drink.... pumpkin spice from trader joe's that im crazy about. Thinking she would like that too as it's pretty sweet ..

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey

I think you mean ground flax seed ( not linen seed ).

Also you could try inulin (Benefibre) which is a prebiotic and quite healthy.

Another alternative would be polyethylene glycol (Restoralax, Pegalax, Miralax) which is an osmotic laxative, not a fibre.

OP
Hankster

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
I think you mean ground flax seed ( not linen seed ).

Also you could try inulin (Benefibre) which is a prebiotic and quite healthy.

Another alternative would be polyethylene glycol (Restoralax, Pegalax, Miralax) which is an osmotic laxative, not a fibre.

YES!! Benefibre!!! thats the one i was trying to remember. She did just order a good pre-biotic thing as well, but just told her of this as she can alternate as well... Thank you!!! I was having a memory blank... or some such thing ;) and was so hoping this 'word' would kick in. Thanks! :)

OP
Hankster

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
Yeah, flax seed, sure:)! My mistake!

And i enjoy those drinks with the flax seed in them... bought a couple of those as well for my daughter. :)

OP
Hankster

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
I have an autoimmune disease and go through spells due to my symptoms where I just can't/don't eat anything for a short while. When I do catch up it's on a "what I want basis" and my system gets out of sync, I've found Lifeway Kefir very effective (I buy the drinkable kind).

What Is Kefir? - Lifeway Kefir
Thank you!! I will pass this on to her :)

Members online

No members online now.