Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Sorry haven't been on here in a while. Harley brought us too much rain. Got a foot of water in our house. Took three days before we could even get out of our subdivision. We were busy cutting sheetrock out and getting the wet insulation out. Had to cut out the backs and some side of our new kitchen cabinets. :( A lot of furniture got ruined and a bunch of other things. We are starting to rebuild now, so it is getting back to some sort of normalcy. The fur babies have been great through it all. So happy when things get back to normal, but it could have been worse.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
[MENTION=2071]Davidh[/MENTION] So sorry that you had to deal with that! So heartbreaking-but happy that you and family/doggies are all well, and did not lose everything,or your lives.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Yes sure sucks. But I think like you said, could of been worst. Material is replaceable. So long everyone is safe.

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
So good to hear from you and horrible to hear what you've suffered..I think you sound better than i would, not that im worried about 'things' but just the unimaginable amounts of water IN YOUR HOME! Sending best wishes and prayers.. Keep in touch when you can.

MFrey2012

Feb 2, 2016
Eastern PA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie
[MENTION=2071]Davidh[/MENTION], So good to hear from you David!! I'm sure all the repairs are exhausting right now, but Ellie and I are so glad you and the family are safe and recovering!!

We send our best!! Hope you have the best weekend you can.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Si happy you and the babies are all safe and sound! Hate you have all that work and loss of furniture but it will all be back to normal soon

Hugs and love

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
I am glad you are safe now and hate that you had water damage. I hope your rebuild goes as smooth as possible

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
Gosh, so sorry David. Just driving around here and seeing all the huge piles of furniture, sheetrock, belongings, it's heartbreaking. Now everyone affected has to worry about mold too which is really dangerous. What a nightmare for all concerned. Thank God your family and dogs are OK.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I'm just glad that you guys are okay... this has truly been the week from HELL w/mother nature. Between the hurricanes and the wildfires, I just pray that everyone stays safe...

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
That's awful David. Dealing with a flooded home is miserable. At least everyone is OK. Beware of mold. Anything that's wet is susceptible. Subfloors usually take a big hit due to water getting trapped between layers of plywood and water infiltrating between the veneers that make up the plywood. Even worse is any subfloor that's made of a strand product. Sheetrock is an easy fix once the affected area is removed and the framing allowed to dry. I hope your structural recovery is smooth.
Again, you can't be thankful enough that you and family are healthy.

Most Reactions

Staff online

Members online