Hurricane Irma Is Not To Be Taken Lightly

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
Sustained at 185 mph with gusts up to 200 mph. She is going to spawn tornadoes in her northeast quadrant. When all said and done one will say Irma was the wrath of God.

I have been through a few hurricanes in my day and I will say that I would evacuate for higher ground. Grab a few memories and keepsakes and evacuate. You can't replace a life...no do overs here.

Crap! I am sort of venting in frustration over Mother Nature. Al Gore must have really pissed her off. http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/#Irma

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
My aunt is near Tampa and she said everyone is getting ready. Unfortunately all the water is sold out everywhere. She shouldn't get hit as hard as others but still scary.

Mother Nature is definitely angry. Lots of fires here on the West Coast...Washington, Oregon and California.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
rjisaterp

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
My aunt is near Tampa and she said everyone is getting ready. Unfortunately all the water is sold out everywhere. She shouldn't get hit as hard as others but still scary.

Mother Nature is definitely angry. Lots of fires here on the West Coast...Washington, Oregon and California.

The computer models that the weather folks are using to predict the storm's path are not absolute but will assist folks in making a decision to evacuate. Frankly, a category 4-5 storm will make me want to leave if headed my way.

Just be safe!

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
I 'think' i'd be out of there.... not fond of crazy winds or getting flooded out :( Just be safe, and take care of your 'stuff' later.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I would be gone...don't have to tell me twice that is for sure. As Roger stated... grab what means the most and the rest can be replaced. Don't mess with a cat 4-5, just to darn dangerous.

OP
rjisaterp

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
If we have members in southeast FL...I would get the heck out. If there was a Category 6 storm, Irma would be it. Does Hurricane Andrew ring a bell? Yes indeed...he was a Cat 5 storm! And because of Andrew, new building codes were set into place. Well Irma is going to test those new building codes. Currently, Irma has 180 mph winds at the eye-wall which equates to about an EF-4-EF-5 Tornado. I wonder what Irma is going to do here in the Mid-Atlantic. I know that planning is going on but at this point all I can do is hope and pray.

Oh and yes...I recall the Turkey Point Nuclear Power Plant issues. A smoke stack cracked by Andrew and the stack was built to withstand 200 mph winds.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I agree, it's time to pack up and leave...

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
If we have members in southeast FL...I would get the heck out. If there was a Category 6 storm, Irma would be it. Does Hurricane Andrew ring a bell? Yes indeed...he was a Cat 5 storm! And because of Andrew, new building codes were set into place. Well Irma is going to test those new building codes. Currently, Irma has 180 mph winds at the eye-wall which equates to about an EF-4-EF-5 Tornado. I wonder what Irma is going to do here in the Mid-Atlantic. I know that planning is going on but at this point all I can do is hope and pray.

Oh and yes...I recall the Turkey Point Nuclear Power Plant issues. A smoke stack cracked by Andrew and the stack was built to withstand 200 mph winds.

HOLY ****!!

Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
I miss the family home in Miami but I am glad we sold it a few years back. If we hadn't I would be on my way there to shut all the storm shutters right now and ride it out.

I have been through a few hurricanes and even more tropical storms over the years but I wouldn't want to be in this one.

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
Just seen on the news two more following I think I would be leaving we live with cyclones here and believe me if that was coming for us I would be gone too late once it has hit.

Hope all our peeps in Florida stay safe.

ruby

Oct 19, 2014
Blackpool, uk
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruby
My friends meant to fly out to Florida next week for her annual vacation upto now here flights not been cancelled but it's not looking good, we've been following irma all week for that reason, can't believe the devastation it's caused already...last I read it was still out at sea?? hope you guys over there stay safe

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Hope everyone is ok.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I have a lot of Frenchie peps down there who are staying. I am scared for them, and pray they stay safe. :(

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
I have a lot of Frenchie peps down there who are staying. I am scared for them, and pray they stay safe. :(

I also have frenchie family there in Miami. Hard to reach anyone now.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.