Hurricane Harvey

Andy T

Jan 19, 2017
Clear Lake Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Pebbles
WOW, what a night. never heard it rain & thunder for so long in my life & I have lived here for 50 yrs. Kept clearing drains on patio / pool deck until around 1:30 then went to bed.

Woke up at 3 am & found Pebbles crapped in her crate.

Bath, cleaning crate at 3am, lots of fun. Got back to bed a 4:30, woken up at 6am.

Our drainage is great in our neighborhood. Some of the nearby ones, not so much.

Andy T

Jan 19, 2017
Clear Lake Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Pebbles
Nearby neighborhood.
f4abc8078fbea2da5a180b34d2af0042.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
WOW, what a night. never heard it rain & thunder for so long in my life & I have lived here for 50 yrs. Kept clearing drains on patio / pool deck until around 1:30 then went to bed.

Woke up at 3 am & found Pebbles crapped in her crate.

Bath, cleaning crate at 3am, lots of fun. Got back to bed a 4:30, woken up at 6am.

Our drainage is great in our neighborhood. Some of the nearby ones, not so much.

I hope you continue to not have flooding issues and stay safe.

Annie1991

Community Veteran
Aug 14, 2012
Longview, TX
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Punk'N
Just found out a tornado went through Katy, TX - Did you all come through okay - Ty Ty ? others?

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
We are surviving. Official USGS rain gauge near me only says we got 18 inches but my gauge has had to be dumped twice and is half full again so that is closer to 31 inches at my house. We have water coming via the chimney but ad we have had a decent break I went up there and covered it and am hoping for the best. Outside of that just a few tornados within 3 to 5 miles from me.

My son has been on duty since early Friday going on rescues and such. Otherwise I am just glad I haven't lost power like I usually do when it rains and praying for some of my other friends in affected areas that have already lost everything.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Just found out a tornado went through Katy, TX - Did you all come through okay - Ty Ty ? others?
[MENTION=13133]TyTysmom[/MENTION] [MENTION=2071]Davidh[/MENTION]

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
[MENTION=13133]TyTysmom[/MENTION] [MENTION=2071]Davidh[/MENTION]

All good still, thank God. Tornado warnings all around us and one made landfall a few miles away. This is insane!!! Pray for TX!

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"

We are good Annie, thanks for checking. Hit a couple miles away from us. Lord help us, this is insane!

Annie1991

Community Veteran
Aug 14, 2012
Longview, TX
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Punk'N
I'm glad. :) :pray: My stepdaughter lives in Humble and she says so far there isn't much water there - yet.

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
What we didn't get yesterday, we certainly made up for today! Lots of flooding all around but we are dry. We have to keep draining water out of the pool as it keeps overflowing but that is such a minor problem. Our dogs do not want to go outside to do what they need to do! They are not happy. We have had at least 15 inches since last night so far but it is more than that as our rain gauge overflowed in the middle of the night. It just said on the news we could get 50 inches before this is all over.

We are so very, very lucky and a lot of people are really suffering. Pray for them.

Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
Be smart and stay safe Texans. Praying for you all here

I am glad to read that most of you all are doing okay despite the weather with no flooding or damages

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Been keeping up to date with the news here in Canada. Just finished watching, people are walking waist up in water in some areas, most are being rescue by boats. A seniors home, water above the beds and they are laying n sitting in water waiting to get out. :( Houston is only 15meters (49ft) above sea level. That's not helping either. Most of you(s) are replying in here. Like mentioned at least we know you're safe!

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Total freak out tonight as water is half way up our driveway, but praise God the rain seems to have stopped, this has to start draining. Lord my stress is to the max I'm exhausted yet wide awake [emoji15]

Our front yard currently:
28ddb166fac89b45e28e685323d59752.jpg

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.