helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Ive been reading a lot on Colloidal Silver. Read everyone's thoughts in here and I even had my own opinion on it. But something kept bothering me in the back of my head. As most knows im more on the essential oil consumer. CS is of course natural been around for thousands of years. I know of people who uses it just like the ones in here. When I was in science class and no I wasn't sleeping in class as I LOVE science, I know as a fact ingesting metals is a no no.... so this has been bothering me and question this. I did a lot of research lately on Real colloidal silver n not the fake/cheap silver or you'll turn blue... whoever uses CS, personally I wouldn't ingest it. You don't want metal in your liver or anywhere near your organs. Also a lot of people might not know this, never use more than 14 days in a row. Some natural/holistic doctors will say yes 5 drops in your water is good, or mix with a carrier oil for your skin, or couple drops in your eyes, ears....but skin breaths n absorbs. Same thing as ingested. In all what ive read n posted, the link below she explains it better than me maybe.... I just dont know, I cant agree on it 100% My gut says says "ingesting metals?????" I like Dr Josh Axe no doubt. He agree with CS. He does show side effects too. But....I personally not there yet. I did buy a small bottle but it's still sitting there. Have a feeling it's going to collect dust.

Why Consuming Colloidal Silver is Risky to Gut Health

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
It's funny and my bf calles it 'snake oil'... I on the other hand have found great uses for it.... wiping counters, one or two days in my eye, couple days on hank at times... I am not an ingester of much things... including oils that i totally believe in. I just dont do it. But!! thats me. Im going to go watch video now ;) or read..

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
awww! great informative read!!! glad i hadn't swallowed a bunch already ! Good stuff there all the way around, and most of what i have read has been through steve barwick, so this was great from another source... thank again! yep, still love my silver,,,, for what i do use it for ;)

Chevysmom

Jun 3, 2017
Morehead ky
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Chevy tank sparks
I have read that making doggie toothpaste out of cs is great is that not right because wouldn't he injest it and I am 1000% protective of my baby and what kinds of meds and supplements he takes

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
From what I read swishing colloidal silver in your mouth causes it to enter bloodstream so it's almost same as swallowing it, except it bypasses your digestive system. We ingest lots of metals all the time, some of which are essential to life(eg. cobalt, copper, chromium, iron , magnesium, manganese , molybdenum, nickel, selenium and zinc) and some of which are very toxic ( eg. arsenic, cadmium, lead, and mercury ). Silver is kind of in the middle- not needed for any biologic functions, but not toxic unless consumed in large doses. Even argyria is not harmful except for cosmetic reasons. But in very large doses silver can cause serious problems such as kidney failure and seizures. Personally I would only use silver externally for skin and eye and ear infections and maybe once in a while for gargling sore throat, but wouldn't use it to brush teeth on a regular basis.

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
I agree with using for certain things and LOVE to have it on hand.It's worked great when I needed it to :)

Members online

No members online now.