Thread: I'm impressed at the rules when getting a passport for an underaged child...

Dog Park Attendant cadillactaste's Avatar
    Real Name
    Darlene
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tank and Sarge
    Likes (Received)

Default I'm impressed at the rules when getting a passport for an underaged child...

My husband has done a few mission trips. And we decided that our oldest who'll be 14 yrs. old this May...will go along for his next one. Well we learned that both parents must be present when filling out a passport. And sign the documentation in front of them...as well as show proper identification.

I think this is GREAT! It would keep ones from leaving the country and taking their child without their spouse agreeing to it during divorce and what have you.
    ~ Darlene: 20+ years of being owned by bulldogs. But I can still learn something new from forums and other people's experiences.

Bulldogs: Tank and Sarge

Australian Shepherd: Ahsoka ~ Sarge's sister from another mother...and father

The rest of my zoo:
    1 Pastel Ball Python - No Feet
    2 chinchillas - Nibbles and Fluffy
    2 Ornate Wood turtles- Franklin and Turkish

BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: I'm impressed at the rules when getting a passport for an underaged child...

I found this out after my kids already had a passport via their father. When I questioned it at the renewal, they say it has been that way for years. So I guess his "new" wife posed as their mom, lucky nothing happened. I did let the guy know and he didn't say much of anything.

Always with me

Real Name
    Darlene
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tank and Sarge
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: I'm impressed at the rules when getting a passport for an underaged child...

@Bella'sMom
    Quote Originally Posted by Bella'sMom View Post
    I found this out after my kids already had a passport via their father. When I questioned it at the renewal, they say it has been that way for years. So I guess his "new" wife posed as their mom, lucky nothing happened. I did let the guy know and he didn't say much of anything.

That's SCARY! They checked his birth certificate to our drivers license...someone was NOT on the ball when they allowed her to pose as you...Glad that nothing happened from it...but still SCARY stuff!
    ~ Darlene: 20+ years of being owned by bulldogs. But I can still learn something new from forums and other people's experiences.

The rest of my zoo:

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
    Likes (Received)

That is very scary, can you imagine anyone being able to pose as mama?!?! So scary to think of the outcome there. Good to know they were on it when you went.

Wrinkle Wiper Become a 4 Paw Member kiss1069's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Coda
    Likes (Received)

so do you know if youd be required to show proof if your spouse was no longer living and youre trying to get a passport for your kid??? i dont travel abroad and dont plan on it but im sure some people have had to deal with that.

"So Let It Be Written"

Real Name
    Darlene
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tank and Sarge
    Likes (Received)

@kiss1069
    Quote Originally Posted by kiss1069 View Post
    so do you know if youd be required to show proof if your spouse was no longer living and youre trying to get a passport for your kid??? i dont travel abroad and dont plan on it but im sure some people have had to deal with that.
    Where we went...it did NOT matter if we lived together or not. The parents names that were on my son's birth certificate HAD to show their drivers license and prove they were both parties that were on the certificate before it was allowed to be submitted. And that we were both agreeing to the passport...So parents can't kidnap a child and leave the country.

The rest of my zoo:

Remove Ads