I'm impressed at the rules when getting a passport for an underaged child...

cadillactaste

Feb 28, 2011
OHIO
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank and Sarge
My husband has done a few mission trips. And we decided that our oldest who'll be 14 yrs. old this May...will go along for his next one. Well we learned that both parents must be present when filling out a passport. And sign the documentation in front of them...as well as show proper identification.

I think this is GREAT! It would keep ones from leaving the country and taking their child without their spouse agreeing to it during divorce and what have you.

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
I found this out after my kids already had a passport via their father. When I questioned it at the renewal, they say it has been that way for years. So I guess his "new" wife posed as their mom, lucky nothing happened. I did let the guy know and he didn't say much of anything.

OP
cadillactaste

cadillactaste

Feb 28, 2011
OHIO
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank and Sarge
@Bella'sMom
I found this out after my kids already had a passport via their father. When I questioned it at the renewal, they say it has been that way for years. So I guess his "new" wife posed as their mom, lucky nothing happened. I did let the guy know and he didn't say much of anything.

That's SCARY! They checked his birth certificate to our drivers license...someone was NOT on the ball when they allowed her to pose as you...Glad that nothing happened from it...but still SCARY stuff!

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
That is very scary, can you imagine anyone being able to pose as mama?!?! So scary to think of the outcome there. Good to know they were on it when you went.

kiss1069

Dec 30, 2010
Amarillo,Tx
Bulldog(s) Names
Coda
so do you know if youd be required to show proof if your spouse was no longer living and youre trying to get a passport for your kid??? i dont travel abroad and dont plan on it but im sure some people have had to deal with that.

OP
cadillactaste

cadillactaste

Feb 28, 2011
OHIO
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank and Sarge
[MENTION=1656]kiss1069[/MENTION]
so do you know if youd be required to show proof if your spouse was no longer living and youre trying to get a passport for your kid??? i dont travel abroad and dont plan on it but im sure some people have had to deal with that.

Where we went...it did NOT matter if we lived together or not. The parents names that were on my son's birth certificate HAD to show their drivers license and prove they were both parties that were on the certificate before it was allowed to be submitted. And that we were both agreeing to the passport...So parents can't kidnap a child and leave the country.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.