They are now punishing our children for being sick at our elementary school...

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk aka Chunkster, Chunky Monky, Sir Drools-a-lot, Wrinkles Magee
[MENTION=1922]cadillactaste[/MENTION] I'm so glad to hear your son has a teacher that genuinely cares about him and wants the best for her students! There are so many that don't understand that each child is different - and so many that just don't care.

[MENTION=1874]DeeDee[/MENTION] I wish we had more teachers like you around here! I can see both the parent's side and the teacher's side - but there far too many teachers (that I know of personally) who want their job to be only the hours they are in the school. They certainly picked the wrong profession - and I hate that they are still in it! I don't want them ruining my child because they are lazy. :( (BTW our superintendent was indicted recently, so I'm a little more bitter about the schools than I would probably otherwise be.) I even see some of my "acquaintances" making comments about "sooo much lesson plans" etc. on facebook that irritate me. It's sad how lazy people can be. Maybe I'll move to Canada so you can teach my kids. :)

DeeDee

Feb 19, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Busters
ha ha [MENTION=1081]Chunksmama[/MENTION] -- you can move to Canada and I will teach your kids and you can help me with all of my problems with Busters:) In all seriousness, though, teaching is a lot of work. Much more so than people realize. Much more so than I realized before I chose to go into it:) But I do enjoy it. It is def not a job that is 9 - 5! Most people do their work while they are at work....whereas we can't do any of our own work during the actual work day. It all happens on our own time because during the workday -- we are teaching:)

Members online