The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
We never give Harlea processed food outside of her kibble or THK. Heck in the last 6 months me and my wife have drastically reduced the processed foods we eat even to the extent we Don't even buy our meat from a store anymore.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
We never give Harlea processed food outside of her kibble or THK. Heck in the last 6 months me and my wife have drastically reduced the processed foods we eat even to the extent we Don't even buy our meat from a store anymore.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
I never buy a sandwich unless I make it myself. Has to be nitrite free and celery extract free as its the same products and a lot of people dont know.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I'm pretty picky about what I eat, and it amazes me how most people just grocery shop based on what's on sale. The American Diet is horrible... especially all the fast food garbage. Eating healthy is expensive though... I try to hit the local farmer's market on the weekends.

I laughed at the "Shady Coffee Drinks" :giggle: Those things are SO sweet you get a cavity afterwards... Lol

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
I laughed at the "Shady Coffee Drinks" :giggle: Those things are SO sweet you get a cavity afterwards... Lol

I was like 16 when I started to drink my coffee black n no sugar n been grinding my beans since early 20s.

And yes... some have no choice but to buy what's on sale. Living here in Alberta, everything is extremely expensive cause its the oil patch province it just doesn't make sense. A normal size chicken like 2-3lbs is 20 $ ! Organic is 30 $ the farmer's market here is more expensive than the supermarkets. I was raised to watch your money and sureglad I raised my kids like so.

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
It's amazing to me that the way I fed my kids, vs what they tend to want nowadays... I 'thought' I instilled in them the need for good healthy foods but...................... The ease of fast foods (they were raised in the country, no fast foods) has certainly caught they're attention.. Hard to watch the kids of today.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
It's amazing to me that the way I fed my kids, vs what they tend to want nowadays... I 'thought' I instilled in them the need for good healthy foods but...................... The ease of fast foods (they were raised in the country, no fast foods) has certainly caught they're attention.. Hard to watch the kids of today.

I buy organic (when I can we live out in the boonies) and try to eat healthy. My kids will eat garbage when they can, and it really makes me angry...

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
I buy organic (when I can we live out in the boonies) and try to eat healthy. My kids will eat garbage when they can, and it really makes me angry...

Grrrrrr!! yes! The struggle to 'get to town' to get the good stuff all those years..... and now :/ But,,, I will say! that the 'instilling' is still there and my son is coming around :) (sends me pictures of his healthy meals) and my daughter has gone back to cooking as well :) So all is not lost.. Have faith lol

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
I do eat a lot of salmon and prawns but ours are ocean not farmed I do believe we have some of the best seafood here in Australia I don't like farmed seafood at all, I did read the other day that the Chinese don't get breast cancer which intrigued me so I read further they have put it down to them not eating dairy I hope this is so as I have nothing dairy what so ever.

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
I do eat a lot of salmon and prawns but ours are ocean not farmed I do believe we have some of the best seafood here in Australia I don't like farmed seafood at all, I did read the other day that the Chinese don't get breast cancer which intrigued me so I read further they have put it down to them not eating dairy I hope this is so as I have nothing dairy what so ever.

True Chinese have the lowest rate of breast cancer n ovarian cancer. They eat tons of soy. According to the western side of the planet, research says to stay away from soy as its one big culprit for the thyroid among other health issues. But makes you wonder which research is accurate with a country that has the lowest cancer rate. Julie when you say you don't eat farm, you're BANG ON GIRL! People got to learn to stay away from farmed raised fish, seafood etc. I only eat wild salmon or wild caught fish. I refuse to buy shrimps at Costco as they are all from Asian countries. Wouldn't eat anything that comes out of those waters. I live right beside British Columbia which you can get all the fresh seafood and yet you cant find it here in Alberta or other provinces. Like most countries they sell their best stuff to other countries :(

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
True Chinese have the lowest rate of breast cancer n ovarian cancer. They eat tons of soy. According to the western side of the planet, research says to stay away from soy as its one big culprit for the thyroid among other health issues. But makes you wonder which research is accurate with a country that has the lowest cancer rate. Julie when you say you don't eat farm, you're BANG ON GIRL! People got to learn to stay away from farmed raised fish, seafood etc. I only eat wild salmon or wild caught fish. I refuse to buy shrimps at Costco as they are all from Asian countries. Wouldn't eat anything that comes out of those waters. I live right beside British Columbia which you can get all the fresh seafood and yet you cant find it here in Alberta or other provinces. Like most countries they sell their best stuff to other countries :(

I have to admit when we are in the states the shrimp is awful so don't get it and we stay away from most fish because we really don't know what it is as of the different names to ours up we generally only eat Tasmanian salmon and coral fish here but our prawns, oysters , bugs and scallops are to die for here. I do have soy yoghurt but very rarely usually end up throwing it out before opening it that's how often I eat it.

Boborgemia

Jul 31, 2017
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
none yet
I eat healthy food like salads and some fruits. Had a bad experience eating junk food haha

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
I eat healthy food like salads and some fruits. Had a bad experience eating junk food haha

We will eat junk food once in a while. We're human. The old saying......You are what you eat.

"Some fruits?" Eat alllllll of them! Moderately that is :D

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.